729 Battle II Rubber Review

says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
Apr 2015
Read 2 reviews
Got, glued and had my first practice with the Battle 2 Pro version today (on my hurricane 301 blade).

Comes in a more posh package than the regular version. Vacuum sealed, with this booklet kind of cardboard wrap that's really nicely designed.
Costs like $5 more than the regular version.

Not enough experience and the rubber is sure as hell not broken in yet but:
1) Definitely faster, though not by a lot.

2) A bit less tacky (still tacky to the extreme though. Just not as ridiculous as the regular version)

3) Higher throw, which I did not like at all (though it makes lifting backspin really a breeze).

As for my first impression, I like it less than the regular version because of the higher throw. It requires slightly different technique and while it's easier to lift backspin, for example, I am now producing more speed than spin, which was really this rubber's greatest strength.

Will play with it throughout next week (got 5 sessions next week) and report back
Waiting to hear you! [emoji106][emoji6]

Enviado do meu ALE-L21 através do Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
What hardness did you get?

Less tackiness with pro version corresponds to how DHS treat their best rubbers as well. To make it faster there is less tack on the National rubbers compared to Provincial and commercial, apart from the hardness degrees.

Got, glued and had my first practice with the Battle 2 Pro version today (on my hurricane 301 blade).

Comes in a more posh package than the regular version. Vacuum sealed, with this booklet kind of cardboard wrap that's really nicely designed.
Costs like $5 more than the regular version.

Not enough experience and the rubber is sure as hell not broken in yet but:
1) Definitely faster, though not by a lot.

2) A bit less tacky (still tacky to the extreme though. Just not as ridiculous as the regular version)

3) Higher throw, which I did not like at all (though it makes lifting backspin really a breeze).

As for my first impression, I like it less than the regular version because of the higher throw. It requires slightly different technique and while it's easier to lift backspin, for example, I am now producing more speed than spin, which was really this rubber's greatest strength.

Will play with it throughout next week (got 5 sessions next week) and report back

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Ok.

Didn't like the pro version. Used it today for a 3.5 hour session and... neh. I even lost to people I never lose to.

Maybe it's that it's not 'broken in' or whatever, but the lack of control really bothered me. The regular B2 is a very precise tool that you can use for extreme spin. The B2 Pro version, to me, felt like something you can only use if you're a phenomenal player. It's higher throw, faster, a lot less controlled and less spinny. I was having trouble with my serves, it was just weird.

I got a few really amazing topspins out of it when I got the ball just right but.. meh.
I took it off and glued the B2 regular back on.
Miracle rubber, this B2 :)

Reactions: eduardo1995filipe
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Ah, I see. Well, I'm waiting for my 40 degree Pro version BS, they're in customs now :) I'll give a short review after a session or two.

Ok.

Didn't like the pro version. Used it today for a 3.5 hour session and... neh. I even lost to people I never lose to.

Maybe it's that it's not 'broken in' or whatever, but the lack of control really bothered me. The regular B2 is a very precise tool that you can use for extreme spin. The B2 Pro version, to me, felt like something you can only use if you're a phenomenal player. It's higher throw, faster, a lot less controlled and less spinny. I was having trouble with my serves, it was just weird.

I got a few really amazing topspins out of it when I got the ball just right but.. meh.

Reactions: Suga D
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Ah, I see. Well, I'm waiting for my 40 degree Pro version BS, they're in customs now :) I'll give a short review after a session or two.

Possibly you're a better player than me with a better forehand topspin motion and you'll enjoy it a lot.

I might glue it on my yasaka sweden extra and see if it plays nicer on a slower blade. But I'm not really into fiddling with things too much. I have a setup I like and I guess I'll stick to it because that's the most fun for me :)

Last edited:
Apr 2015
Read 2 reviews
Ok.

You should boost that BS version and then you would compare and B2 BS maybe would perform better! :p

Apr 2015
Read 2 reviews
I’m currently boosting B2 Pro 39 degree hardness (red - orange sponge for backhand) and it feels a whole lot softer than the commercial. It’ll be interesting to see how it plays.
Tell us how it plays!

Enviado do meu ALE-L21 através do Tapatalk

JST

This user has no status.

JST

This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Has anyone tried Falco Long on the commercial version? I've applied three layers and it's not doming in any way or shape.

(The provincial version reacted quite strongly to Haifu Seamoon)

Hi Martin, I guess it has something to do with different composition of Falco and Chinese boosters like Haifu. That's why people recommend to use one on eur/jp tensor type of rubber and second on hard Chinese rubbers. See e.g. here.

Reactions: mart1nandersson
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Hi Martin, I guess it has something to do with different composition of Falco and Chinese boosters like Haifu. That's why people recommend to use one on eur/jp tensor type of rubber and second on hard Chinese rubbers. See e.g. here.

I just like the way H3 plays with Falco. Seamoon is a bit messier so I try to stay away from using it.

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Washing: The bucket is driven by the motor through the reducer and rotates in circle. There are many sand storage web grooves and bucket screen for sand storage and primary dewatering. When the bucket moves, sand can be put out by sand storage web groove after being cleaned in the cleaning tank and primary dewatered on the bucket screen.
Recycling: Flowing slurry water is extracted by slurry pump, fine sand is collected by the centrifugal force of the cyclone, then fed to the polyurathane screen from the apex spray. The 0.16-3mm fine sand and water are efficiently separated through the vibration screen.
Dewatering: coarse sand (3-10mm) and fine sand (0.16-3mm) are fed onto polyurathane vibrating screen for dewatering.

Sounds difficult.
I just let the rubber break in naturally

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
is anybody can compare this rubber to Big Dipper, Skyline 3-60 and Hurricane 8?

I've had 4 sheets of Battle 2 now. There's a little variation in them (although they're different "editions", blue sponge, provincial, golden, etc etc), but they're all tackier than the list above. Probably closest to H8, but higher throw. More spin sensitive than all of the options as well though, and has a real sense of grabbing at the ball (which made it a bit tough for smashes, but that could just be me). It's a really spinny rubber.

says Ballin
Hi piligrim,

till now (3 years of my lil EJing TT-career)I was always a quiet reader of TTD. Just now I realised I really had no account xD.

I had the 3-60, H8 and regular B2 (47). In terms of throw hight, the B2 (the one i play now) feels to be the lowest of them. (When I changed the rubber I had to close the angle in countertopspin and short looping a good amount.)

Speedwise imo they are pretty different. The B2 is linear/balanced because its not too heavy and not to bouncy. But when you want to hit an hard topspin it shows all your strenght where you want it.
ALSO ist sticky af.(I like it)

The H8 is a little different. Its slower and due to the softer topsheet it throws a bit higher (like hurricanes do) but the sponge makes it heavy like a brick.The true potential lies in fast counter-topspinning and serves for me.

The 3-60 is the fastest and bounciest from the 3. Its on my backhand because of the block consistency and good short play with it. Its also super loud. I played it on forehand for 1 season but that did not give me much pleasure.

Maybe thats all just my feeling and techniqe (i tend to add a lot of wrist to everything i play-sometimes way too much) but for me the b2 gets the most out of me in price/performance and satisfaction.

For your notes: All rubbers are played at least 35 hrs till they get to the prime time of play.

Last edited: