Thoughts on new ITTF ranking system

This user has no status.
Hey guys, I want to hear what you guys think about the new ITTF ranking system.

First of all, I understand that ITTF changed their ranking system so that more popular players would participate on smaller tournaments.
I somewhat support this system, but at the same time I think there are more con compared to pros.

I think the new ITTF ranking system is not a good idea for most of the players.
These days when I look at the Korean players they are so busy (I am from Korea, so my bases will be regarding Korean players.)
They have their own league to play for, domestic competition to play for PLUS whole bunch of Tours. If they play for European league, some of them also have to participate European Championship.
I don't think ITTF realize that Table Tennis is different from Tennis.
There are a lot of prize money in Tennis, therefore if you reach maybe top 100 or so most of the players have their own physio to help maintain condition. I hardly saw any table tennis player with their personal physio.
I seriously don't know what players think but I think they are working the players too much.
Plus, it seems that players are more focused playing tours instead of winning the tours.

I hope they can maybe make slight changes to the ranking system so that they won't overload the players too much.

Just a thought.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
beat a dead horse.jpg