This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
They probably will when they finally figure out the technology ... what I don't get is why maintain a separate website for free streaming when they can use Youtube for all their tournaments .... I am sure there are costs associated with both options , not sure by how much they differ but pretty unlikely that the youtube option would be costlier ...

.. again to be fair , the streaming quality was not that bad , I chromecasted the stream onto my 48 inch TV and it looked like a normal stream , it did not get pixelated ...

However, I was just thinking about how the match went and how it could be a turning point for ZJK .... ZJK was able to match Harimoto's speed for the most part ... infact his going back and trying to overpower Harimoto with his own power did not really work more than .. i think one time ... every other time Harimoto stood close to the table and blocked him down ... where he really won his points were on counters and really good strategy on service and return ... so I think if ZJK is serious about his 2020 aspirations ... he should reinvent his game where he goes for speed than power ... may be not exactly as Harimoto but from closer than where he is used to when doing his counterloops ... this will protect his body , get his counter / blocking game into play ... none of which are 2nd to anybody in the world and he can win cheaper points ...

To add some conspiracy theory spice into the mix , does anybody know what ZJK and his coach were arguing about ... a couple of things I observed i sthat Xiao Xan ( ? ) was not there in ZJK's corner in the final and ZJK did not do his reverse pendulum serve once ... is that what they were arguing about ... ZJK seems to have ditched that once bread and butter serve for regular serves ... any idea / secret scoop guys ?

I really wish they could do the stream as high quality as the TV broadcast (1080i/60) or at least near it, like 720i/60

but I'm really glad with the opportunity to watch the way they are now too

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I've well followed ITO and HARiMOTO in this tournament.

Actually, perhaps contrarily to mass opinion, I think his best match was against LEE Sangsu. The win against MA Long of course is sensational, but MA Long seemed to be far from his best, and very nervous from the start, he played good in game 4 and 5, but had a bad start in game 6 and it was over. Against ZJK, I think HT was nervous from the start and ZJK fought very well but ZJK was hardly moving, obviously he's still an injured player. I think HT was much more tense than in the China Open and was expected to win thats why it was so difficult.

However LSS was another story. HT lost to him in WTTTC in Sweden, LSS is very much in form lately, and the pressure was on HT side. But it was a very very convincing win to me.

As for ITO, the recovery against Chen Xingtong is epic. watch the game if you haven't. She's playing Shaolin-ping pong even though Shaolin is in China ! Her style is very acrobatic, fast, there is so much variation, fast balls, curve balls, then a slow one... Its really unique and entertaining to me. Sales of pimples rubbers are gonna soar in Japan !!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
They probably will when they finally figure out the technology ... what I don't get is why maintain a separate website for free streaming when they can use Youtube for all their tournaments .... I am sure there are costs associated with both options , not sure by how much they differ but pretty unlikely that the youtube option would be costlier ...

.. again to be fair , the streaming quality was not that bad , I chromecasted the stream onto my 48 inch TV and it looked like a normal stream , it did not get pixelated ...

For me the quality is lacking only in fps tbh, cause was good, oscillating between 720 and 1080 but no good fps that when players are really fast sometimes I'd wish we have a more powerful transmission.

yeah, YouTube would be good but I think the use of an own stream is due to local transmission that are made by local TVs and server storage, aside access to another pages of the site.

Enviado de meu SM-J500M usando o Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews

I gave up on this one...

Again a very beautiful job by zeio . Really appreciate your work . You are using your chinese language in serving table tennis not puting players under question mark or make them God and that's superb . Purely serving table tennis . And one thing I liked about zjk's interview was how he praised harimoto . Hearing his word with motivation really motivates me to play table tennis more .

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
What were the individual prize amounts? I found a link from the ITTF site which states that there was a total of $170,000 ( I assume this is USD) in prizes, but they don't bother to break down the prize amounts per each place.

https://d3mjm6zw6cr45s.cloudfront.net/2018/04/2018_WT_6_JPN_PROSPECTUS_2018_05_21.pdf
Actually if you look on media section of each open there is a link"media guide" that usually States the prize that each player will win if reaches that round

And yes, always US dollar

For Japan open:
555ce115f359e2762a70f3e4bbcdc036.jpg

Enviado de meu SM-J500M usando o Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

However, I was just thinking about how the match went and how it could be a turning point for ZJK .... ZJK was able to match Harimoto's speed for the most part ... infact his going back and trying to overpower Harimoto with his own power did not really work more than .. i think one time ... every other time Harimoto stood close to the table and blocked him down ... where he really won his points were on counters and really good strategy on service and return ... so I think if ZJK is serious about his 2020 aspirations ... he should reinvent his game where he goes for speed than power ... may be not exactly as Harimoto but from closer than where he is used to when doing his counterloops ... this will protect his body , get his counter / blocking game into play ... none of which are 2nd to anybody in the world and he can win cheaper points ...

To add some conspiracy theory spice into the mix , does anybody know what ZJK and his coach were arguing about ... a couple of things I observed i sthat Xiao Xan ( ? ) was not there in ZJK's corner in the final and ZJK did not do his reverse pendulum serve once ... is that what they were arguing about ... ZJK seems to have ditched that once bread and butter serve for regular serves ... any idea / secret scoop guys ?
YouTube doesn't work in every country.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
Fzd vs TH and WMY vs MI are shaping up to be the dream rivalries for TT world in a decade to come.
Was disappointed at fzd’s fight against ml at China open but pleasantly surprised by TH’s progress. I think this tournament has given CNT a wake up call.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Read 1 reviews
Just found out that Harimoto was chinese and changed citizenship and his name just a few years back. Is that a common fact or am I dropping a bomb here?

It's not a secret that he has chinese parents. He was born and lived his whole life in Japan though. His chinese name is Zhang Zhihe.

says Any body knows when will be the next Asia Pacific...
says Any body knows when will be the next Asia Pacific...
Sep 2016
of-course he is Japanese, His parent is Chinese but he was born in Japan, life in Japan, his blood is Chinese but himself is Japanese. No matter what and who he is, he is a good player

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Must be a bit of an eat-your-heart-out situation for the Chinese.
Harimoto's talent is unquestionable, but in addition seems like his father has some serious coaching skills.

Is this his dad?

YES. Trust me.