Blade for Donic Bluestorm Z1

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Hi, I just bought 2 sheets of Bluestorm Z1 and I was wondering what would be the best blade for them.
I was thinking about getting a Stiga Infinity VPS V but I don´t know if that would be the best option or if it would pair well with the rubbers at all.
Can you please recommend me some blades in the same price range as the Infinity VPS V that would pair well with the rubbers?
Thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Hi, I just bought 2 sheets of Bluestorm Z1 and I was wondering what would be the best blade for them.
I was thinking about getting a Stiga Infinity VPS V but I don´t know if that would be the best option or if it would pair well with the rubbers at all.
Can you please recommend me some blades in the same price range as the Infinity VPS V that would pair well with the rubbers?
Thanks!
Like many other equipment suggestions, it's always helpful to know your playing style, level and preference. A looper might find Z1 pairing extremely well with an OFF 5-ply. But the same blade might be too soft for someone playing offensive close to the table.

Passionate about TT

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Like many other equipment suggestions, it's always helpful to know your playing style, level and preference. A looper might find Z1 pairing extremely well with an OFF 5-ply. But the same blade might be too soft for someone playing offensive close to the table.

Passionate about TT

I have been playing competitively on national level for 5 years now, I consider myself an experienced player.
My style of play is mostly attacking and I tend to get away from the table, I like to loop the ball and I don´t attack close to the table that much.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I have been playing competitively on national level for 5 years now, I consider myself an experienced player.
My style of play is mostly attacking and I tend to get away from the table, I like to loop the ball and I don´t attack close to the table that much.

Do you like high speed and low arcs in your loops? Or do you want to overpower with spin and curves? Do you like your blades agile and flexy, or stiff? Soft or hard, light (and easily bottomed out) or heavier (and with a larger power reserve)? Do you want it to explode on the scene already on less forceful strokes (highly nonlinear), or do you want the blades power unlocked higher up in your power curve (more linear)? Questions, questions...

The Infinity VPS V I know as a somewhat hard, somewhat flexy but quite fast blade. It feels OK in direct play, close to the table, and also feels nice (if you use a rubber that grabs the ball well, and hangs on to it for a bit) when looping, away from the table. It did feel a bit hollow to me, though, and I think it bottomed out a bit early in powerful direct hits - smashes and so on. You can do a lot worse. The Stratus Power Wood had a better balance for me, as did the DHS Power-G PG7. I've also held a Clipper once or twice and loved it; and then there are the composites, of course.