Which is best to be- ranked 6 in China or the top player in a european country?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Which would you prefer to be - a player ranked just below the best in China with little chance of making the top team, or to be the top player in a European country like France or the UK. It seems that a superb player in China may play second fiddle to the likes of Ma Long or Ding Ning but, if born in a European country, could be their number one player.

Ignoring all factors such as politics, weather, economy etc would you prefer to be a top ranking player in Europe or a nearly top player in China. I would think that you would get more international games if you played for the European country but playing with the China team would be fantastic. What do you think?

This user has no status.
I think that depends on my current age.

If I am young, like younger than 20 years old, playing in China is a better choice. China has better training and coaching system which are better for my further development. I will have chance to defeat top CNT players to enter into the 1st class.

If I am nearly 30 or older, playing in Europe is better. At this age, I will be in fact 'abandoned' in CNT if I still remain in the 2nd class. Resources will not incline to me but younger players. As former examples of CNT, most players retired at around 30 because of fierce competition. However, in Europe there are many old players like Timo and Vladmi. Playing in Europe ensures senior players to have equal training condition.

Reactions: Andy44
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Which would you prefer to be - a player ranked just below the best in China with little chance of making the top team, or to be the top player in a European country like France or the UK. It seems that a superb player in China may play second fiddle to the likes of Ma Long or Ding Ning but, if born in a European country, could be their number one player.

Ignoring all factors such as politics, weather, economy etc would you prefer to be a top ranking player in Europe or a nearly top player in China. I would think that you would get more international games if you played for the European country but playing with the China team would be fantastic. What do you think?

I'll take either.