Pendulum to Forehand ??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Hello i serve my pendulum mostly to the middle backhand and sometimes to the middle of the table,

the pros serve this pendulum service mostly to the forehand, in my leagues the opponents don't have a banana flip mostly, should i serve this serve once in a while to the forehand of my opponents too, i read that the pendulum serve is very effective on the backhand side, and the reverse on the forehand

what do you think, when i serve the pendulum to the backhand i can piviot and loop strongly from the backhand side, what are the

advantages when i serve a normal pendulum to the forehand side :D

Thank you very much

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
I am exactly the opposite....80 percent off my pendulum serves end up short on fh or mid-tabke on the opponent side.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Sidespin pendulum to the forehand is saying "please attack me" unless its very short and low.
A simple forehand drive and your spin will give speed to the ball, making the return very aggressive.

It is only effective to the forehand if you add a lot of top or back spin and can somehow disguise it

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Well if that happens then it's either not short enough or not spinny enough or not flat enough or maybe even all three.

If you keep it flat, short, spinny and fast you'll many times get a return to your bh or middle of the table and can prepare yourself for a direct 3rd ball attack.

If executed well and your opponent reads the spin amount wrong it often pops up or even goes long.

keep practicing. You can help yourself by placing little obstacles to keep it short and spinny enough. Our coach has even made an adult beginner learn and execute it so the spin amount makes it curve strongly. If i find a vid I'll try post it here.

Anyhow first try keeping it flat and spinny. After you've mastered that you can go for the speed.
Takes some time to master. So don't give up.

Last edited: