Xiom Vega China VM Review

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Hi guys.
does anyone else play Vega China on either side?
I feel like the rubber produces cannons, which is simultaneously positive and negative. It feels like there is literally no dwell time. I also had a direct comparison with a Battle II prov BS. The BII was slower and felt more controlled because of the lower speed (and because of a little bit more dwell time).
It was like the arc of the Vega China was like the typical chinese low throw. Which is strange because VC seems to be recommended as a D09c alternative.
In comparison to my usual kind of rubbers (e.g. G-1) the Vega China seems to be way more dangerous but also way more demanding thus there is a big tradeoff between consistancy and outplay potential.

I wonder where you guys group in the rubber. More to the chinese category or more to some kind of these new hybrids out there.

I really consider to play it also on the backhand side. It's because i do open up consistantly and i also can consistantly topspin on the backhand side. But if i want to play a winner shot or at least a dangerous ball the error margin sky rocks. With the VC cannons it's like on a way higher level or quality.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Hi guys.
I feel like the rubber produces cannons, which is simultaneously positive and negative. It feels like there is literally no dwell time. I also had a direct comparison with a Battle II prov BS. The BII was slower and felt more controlled because of the lower speed (and because of a little bit more dwell time).
It was like the arc of the Vega China was like the typical chinese low throw. Which is strange because VC seems to be recommended as a D09c alternative.
In comparison to my usual kind of rubbers (e.g. G-1) the Vega China seems to be way more dangerous but also way more demanding thus there is a big tradeoff between consistancy and outplay potential.

I wonder where you guys group in the rubber. More to the chinese category or more to some kind of these new hybrids out there.

I really consider to play it also on the backhand side. It's because i do open up consistantly and i also can consistantly topspin on the backhand side. But if i want to play a winner shot or at least a dangerous ball the error margin sky rocks. With the VC cannons it's like on a way higher level or quality.
I play against someone who uses D09c on FH and Vega China on BH. He just topspins everything on backhand, long or short.
It's plays like a hybrid, but you use it like a chinese rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I tried Vega China both FH and BH also now using dignics09c on both FH and BH. I can say that Vega China is good for FH. Too hard for BH for my taste. İt feels a bit dead. Cant do the flicks like dignics09c . But on forehand the spin potential of VC is abnormal. I agree with you the error margin is high
Hi guys.

Reactions: riemsesy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
thank you for your replies.
may someone compare Vega China to the ordinary Hybrids since 2020? I'm mostly interested in the Sieger PK50 because both should have a firmer topsheet (if my gather of information is right)