Anyone play on a 3/4 size table?

This user has no status.
I am converting my garage and wonder if anyone has played much on a 3/4 size table? Im pushed for space so its looking like the smaller one will be better.However I am concerned it will not be a great playing experience? I wont be playing on a full size table so no need to worry about adaption from small to bigger one.Any advice welceome.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
If you not planning on playing at a club then a 3/4 size is ok. I started off with one in my man cave and played on it for a year or so. Once I got more serious I joined a club and then I realised that I would need a full size one if I was to improve and changed my table.
How big is the space for your table ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
Me personally given your circumstances I would opt for a smaller one. Get one with at least 19mm thickness if possible.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
No worries.
I’ve just remembered my 3/4 table was 16mm and my current full size one is 19mm. Both were table tops rather than a stand alone table. This is becuase I used them on top of a pool table.
Go for the thickest table you can find and one ideally from a better brand like Butterfly. Of course it all depends on your budget.

This user has no status.
I've actually gone for a 15mm table which is 7 foot long by an unkown chinese manufacturer with na UK distributor. Most small table are only 6" 9 inches so perhaps the extra 3" will make a difference. Didn't cost the earth so not a major disaster if not brill. Hopefully it will get me and the family (back) into tt and we can take it from there.
Also loving the art I have put on the walls from www.theartofpingpong.co.uk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
You should be more than ok with that table .
Thanks for the link. I’ve actually been thinking about putting some TT stuff on the walls recently so it fits the bill nicely.

Enjoy your table , if you get serious I recommend getting a robot to practice with.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2020
I am converting my garage and wonder if anyone has played much on a 3/4 size table? Im pushed for space so its looking like the smaller one will be better.However I am concerned it will not be a great playing experience? I wont be playing on a full size table so no need to worry about adaption from small to bigger one.Any advice welceome.

I think 3/4 size table tennis tables can get a bit of stick sometimes on playing quality and the like, but a better measure is the thickness of the table for performance and you can get some pretty high spec 3/4 size tables. Of course, a smaller table means you can't use it for any kind of tournament practice but if anything it helps with accuracy.

I think you'll have enough space. There are a lot of size guides available on-line to check dimensions