How does future chinese players will overcome the plastic ball lack of rotation?

This user has no status.
CNT has no match for Harimoto in that age group. Wang Chuqin (18yo) is probably the youngest But he's not as fast as Hari. He doesn't have deceptive serves.

FZD can only last for another 3-5yrs until being too old to beat Hari.

After all, we might see a Japan domination in TT where Japan will get all gold in Olympic. It could be a nice change of domination.
Neither does Harimoto relative to others

Ha. Ma Long's age? And he moves more than FZD

You need more than one prodigy, look at Swedish waldner team

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Even though everyone knows about Waldners amazing accolades and skill as a player it's important to note that he doesn't have a winning record against any Chinese player. He won the important tournaments and those are the ones we remember :)

When Waldner was 16 he reached the finals of the ETTC and lost to Appelgren. He looked younger than 16 at that time, he was really skinny. He also was not anywhere near as good as he got later. We all know how his career progressed after that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjoYdz3T4sk

It is possible that Harimoto is another one of these once-in-an-era players. I for one think it is quite likely.

And if I am right, the CNT will never be able to fully deal with him, just like they struggled with Waldner. (A CNT coach once said that he was the only European player they couldn't prepare for because if one thing he was doing didn't work owing to some plan they had devised he would just do something else and blow their plan out of the water). I think Harimoto will have that kind of versatility once he gets older (he shows some signs of it already). Another thing that is Waldner-like is that this kid has awesome serves -- at 14!!! Most people take longer to get that sneaky.

But that doesn't mean they won't dominate everyone else.

In other words, in the case of CNT vs. Harimoto, I don't think it is the balls.

Reactions: matzreenzi
Wang Chuqin (18yo) is probably the youngest CNT with winning potential. But he's not as fast as Hari. He doesn't have deceptive serves.

Yes, I had much greater expectations for Chuqin. 2 yars ago I thought that he would be the next FZD. But he didn't develop that fast. And his inconsistency makes me think he will not be able to reach the mastery of the best. Would like to be wrong about that.
Harimoto is an exceptional phenomenon.
But what I woul like to see more often in TT is much more youngsters going up and fiting the apostolate with methodically developed talent and skills. I want to see much smaller gap between the Gods and the Rest.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Yes, I had much greater expectations for Chuqin. 2 yars ago I thought that he would be the next FZD. But he didn't develop that fast. And his inconsistency makes me think he will not be able to reach the mastery of the best. Would like to be wrong about that.
Harimoto is an exceptional phenomenon.
But what I woul like to see more often in TT is much more youngsters going up and fiting the apostolate with methodically developed talent and skills. I want to see much smaller gap between the Gods and the Rest.
True, I want to see more youngsters rising to the top in many countries. Essentially TT has been popular in Asia and Germany only. If Harimoto rise to the next Grand Slam holder, Japan will be the next God and China and Korea are trying to catch up.

It is no different from today.

It would be better if we have more "Harimoto" in the UK, USA, Germany, Sweden, Nigeria, India, Brazil, Russia, Indonesia etc.

We have a bit of hope seeing the rise of Liam Pitchford from the UK, Hugo Calderano from Brazil, Truls Möregårdh from Sweden and more participation from India.

Passionate about TT