Accidently broke the blade, need new one

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Last week I had accidently hit the table with my Yasaka Sweeden Extra, and it had broken in to two halves.
It was a good blade. I am not a high lvl player, below everage and it had adequate speed for me, with lots of control and good feeling. I liked it, becouse when I want, I could hit the ball flat, with spounge or just topsheet only. It was the only blade, I could execute backhand flip with, and more or less hit the table.

Now I need a new one.
So I have two choices, buy another Yasaka Sweeden Extra, or try something else.
Money is not an issue, I just need a blade which will bring result and satisfaction.
So I am thinking of buying something more expensive, to get the best what I can, but similar to Yasaka Sweeden Extra in terms of speed, feeling and technique demands.

Based on what i have read at this forum, choice is:
1. Another Yasaka Sweeden Extra
2. OSP Virtuoso Off-
3. Nittaku Acoustic

The question is, what will I get/loose if I but 2 or 3 compared to 1.

I appreciate any help, especially if you tried this blades.

Sorry for my english, it's not naitive.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
The quality is the one side, blade shouldn,t be too fast, or too complex taking in account lvl of play

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
As for me, Acoustic is noticeably faster, it has more of a whip inside, which needs some skill to curb.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
Yes it is faster but I think he will be able to control it, especially with plastic balls... Hard to say without seeing him play though.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Any of the choices you have listed should be fine.

If you want to stay with what you know you like, you should get another Sweden Extra.

If you want to try something new, either Acoustic or Virtuoso Off- are great choices.

You should know though, the Acoustic and the Virtuoso have a Limba top ply. The Sweden Extra has an Anegre top ply which is harder. They will feel very different and the Sweden Extra will feel a lot crisper. If you like the snap from your blade, you may not like the other two choices as much as the less expensive Sweden Extra.

Just so you know.

But, if you get the V or the A, once you are used to the new blade, it will give you a lot of dwell time and control and help you spin the ball really nicely. So, no matter, if you choose one of those three blades, it will be good. :)

Reactions: Suga D and v100ev
This user has no status.
Acoustic has very good feeling and it's a very good blade, but it's faster than yasaka sweden extra. If your skill level is not high, I recommend staying with yasaka sweden extra. It's really good for developing your skills. And it's not expensive if you accidentally break it.

When I first started playing, I frequently hit my racket on the table by accident. Once my skill became better, I hit the table less and less frequently. Maybe get an expensive blade later. This is just my experience :)

Reactions: BeGo
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
You should know though, the Acoustic and the Virtuoso have a Limba top ply. The Sweden Extra has an Anegre top ply which is harder. They will feel very different and the Sweden Extra will feel a lot crisper. :)

Hah so that's why I hate all of those wood blades except for the sweden extra. It basically has a koto top ply :) (well, very comparable anyway)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
All of those are great blades, but personally I like the virtuoso and sweden extra much more than the acoustic. I found the acoustic a bit head-heavy and the handle takes some getting used to (I've tried FL and large ST). I went from sweden extra to virtuoso and it didn't take any time to adjust at all. Maybe I'm crazy, but I actually found virtuoso more forgiving than sweden extra.

This user has no status.
Remember that note expensive doesn't always mean better. One of the best blades out there is the Appelgren Allplay which is right cheap.

You could try Stiga All round Evolution but that also has Limba outer and softer feel. Another left field option is the Yinhe N11 which is dirt cheap with a similar feel to the Extra. People say the Yinhe W6 is a Yasaka Extra clone so also might be worth a look.

Don't think you have to pay to dollar but the placebo effect is real.