Equipment Help

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Hi Guys,
I am a player who has been playing for about 1 year and a half. I am currently using the Stiga Synergy 5 star racket.
I want to get better. Was thinking of buying a Stiga ALL blade do you guys have any recommendations? Also please give me a comparison between rasanter and Rozena since I was thinking of getting those on the blade. But I want to know what are the differences and what is better.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hi Guys,

I am a player who has been playing for about 1 year and a half. I am currently using the Stiga Synergy 5 star racket.

I want to get better. Was thinking of buying a Stiga ALL blade do you guys have any recommendations? Also please give me a comparison between rasanter and Rozena since I was thinking of getting those on the blade. But I want to know what are the differences and what is better.

Thanks for giving me advice. I was given an advice from my friend and he said that Mark V is an old rubber and was only good during the speed glue era he recommended me to Rozena or Rasanter. I really like the Rozena spring sponge but I never tried rasanter. Also is it true that people who want to develop quickly should go with an allround blade? I also want a rubber that is hard to control like tenergy but I am just scared that is Mark V going to be too slow since it's not a tensor rubber? But I am going to go with what you recommend me. Thanks

If you have been using a preassembled racket, especially one that had Stiga rubbers from a preassembled, you really may be better off with Mark V.

Mark V is actually quite good with the plastic ball. But it is older and does make it easy to control.

How much have you used Rozena?

I think Rozena might be fine for you. But it is quite expensive for what it is. If that doesn’t matter, go for it.

Rasanter might not be an intelligent first step up from the the Stiga 5 Star Synergy. Rasanter will be exponentially harder to control and I would not recommend it as a first step up from that rubber on the Synergy.

If you wanted something not as hopped as Rasanter and not as expensive as Rozena you could get Xiom Vega Intro, Xiom Vega Pro, or you could go all the way for value and get one of the Chinese rubbers whether you get a straight up Chinese rubber or one of the Chinese rubbers that sort of imitate the tensor effect like Dawei Inspirit.

I stick with the blades I already recommended you in the other thread but could add a list of 300-400 more that all would be equally good.

If you wanted an inexpensive Chinese alternative that is still pretty decent:

1) Yinhe Galaxy W6
2) Yinhe Galaxy 896

If you really do your research you can get something just as good as a Stiga blade with Rozena on it for 1/3 to 1/8 the price.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
Reactions: JST
This user has no status.
Stiga Allround Classic, Donic Appelgren Allplay, and Yasaka Sweden Classic are all great ALL blades. I would suggest the CR WRB version for Stiga Allround Classic. You get slightly more speed and feeling with CR & WRB features. I've tried rasanter r47 before. IMO, it's one of the best tensor rubbers. It's very controllable and easy to put spin on the ball. I've never used rozena, so I can't tell you much about it.

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
I suggest you start with Xiom Vega Pro on a blade like Yasaka Sweden Extra.

For the big plastic ball it's hard to find better control and you won't be hurting for spin and speed even as you get better.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
My budget is about 150 dollars. But all of that doesn't need to be used. I was even thinking of putting it on a butterfly Korbel since I like the feel of the blade. My friends like Rozena on a Timo Boll W7. I find that a bit too hard to control at first and then I think the rubber slowed down in like 1 and a half months. So now I can kinda control it. I also want a blade with a good feeling and also a rubber that is pretty durable. Maybe it will last a year with proper care. But since you said that Rozena is quite expensive to do you know any other rubbers that are pretty similar but maybe from another brand? Thanks. But I can't really control like the Tenergy 05 yet because I find that a bit too bouncy for me. So I also don't want something like that. I was also interested in the Xiom but my shop only sold the Omega 2 Asia and the Omega VII Euro and the Pro version. I also did some research like you said and maybe I will get the Kokutaku 868 and the Kokutaku 007 and both of those only cost about 25 dollars because they are made in China but that shouldn't be a problem. Thanks so much, Carl for helping me choose my first custom racket. Thanks Bro.

Last edited:
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
But since you said that Rozena is quite expensive to do you know any other rubbers that are pretty similar but maybe from another brand?

There will always be some differences. Many others have mentioned it before, to which I'd add my $.02 of agreement: Xiom Vega Pro, to me, pretty much seems to be what you're seeking here. Great rubber; powerful, spinny, but not overly so, and compared to T05 a bit more subdued and probably a bit easier to master.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
There will always be some differences. Many others have mentioned it before, to which I'd add my $.02 of agreement: Xiom Vega Pro, to me, pretty much seems to be what you're seeking here. Great rubber; powerful, spinny, but not overly so, and compared to T05 a bit more subdued and probably a bit easier to master.

Sadly my shop does not sell the Vega but they only sell the Omega.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Is there a reason to be stuck with only one shop when you have the entire internet? There are plenty of places like tabletennis11.com that ship all over the world, have very good prices, free shipping when you are spending more than 70 Euro, and where they could assemble the racket for you. And they would have most everything you might think of.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Is there a reason to be stuck with only one shop when you have the entire internet? There are plenty of places like tabletennis11.com that ship all over the world, have very good prices, free shipping when you are spending more than 70 Euro, and where they could assemble the racket for you. And they would have most everything you might think of.

Sure, I will order from Tabletennis11. Can you give me a final idea of what I should order? I will order as fast as possible. Thanks for recommending me to this store.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
If you're in Thailand, tax law may apply if you order over $50 USD(which you almost certainly will). I believe the tax rate is something like 30%.

There are a few shops in Bangkok that do delivery within Thailand though, such as Shanghai sport etc.
You might want to look up their websites as the price is sometimes is even cheaper than tabletennis11.