Moanin'

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
People like to make fun of Dima for doing this, but from my point of view it does help. So do you like to make a sound when hitting? I certainly do, especially on active strokes, like loops. Some people even moan when blocking, watch Primo here: https://coub.com/view/cx5kg

Reactions: BeGo
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
People like to make fun of Dima for doing this, but from my point of view it does help. So do you like to make a sound when hitting? I certainly do, especially on active strokes, like loops. Some people even moan when blocking, watch Primo here: https://coub.com/view/cx5kg

Every now and then when I'm training with intensity and focusing on improving/changing some aspect of my technique, I notice after a while that I'm tensing up, and am not breathing anymore at all, or erratically. The immediate consequence is not being able to hit more than a handful of loops in a row.

I do find it useful to focus on exhalation and body core relaxation, and one of the ways to engrain that rhythm of breathing is to exhail with some vigour when and while applying explosive power, and relax immediately afterwards. Actually making a sound while exhailing helps find and enforce that rhythm. Martial arts practicioners do the very same thing, more or less explicitly.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Hello, i don't know if it's a that much of a well known fact, but it's called a grunting. Grunting in tennis is needed as it helps you to release the tension and relax your body at this point. It's no wonder why nearly all pro players are screaming when hitting or even blocking. I think this (can't remember though, hope i'm right) research paper writing service has a paper about it with some deep researches going into anatomy and even psychology. You'd better check this out.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Hello, i don't know if it's a that much of a well known fact, but it's called a grunting. Grunting in tennis is needed as it helps you to release the tension and relax your body at this point. It's no wonder why nearly all pro players are screaming when hitting or even blocking. I think this (can't remember though, hope i'm right) research paper writing service has a paper about it with some deep researches going into anatomy and even psychology. You'd better check this out.

That's interesting. Didn't know that.
But nevertheless, I personally don't like it to hear and don't do grunt. Are you suggesting, that it should be beneficial in TT same as in tennis?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews

That was a very well crafted spam message.

Reactions: Simas and Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
That's interesting. Didn't know that.
But nevertheless, I personally don't like it to hear and don't do grunt. Are you suggesting, that it should be beneficial in TT same as in tennis?

Opinions on this are kinda controversial I'd say. Some say that it's helping as well as it helps in tennis, some say that it doesn't do anything apart from distracting your opponent from the game and I'm pretty sure I've seen a forum topic about it (won't link due to a spam awareness :D) which said that grunting might be forbidden in some cases. Personally i think that in table tennis you don't NEED to grunt but it comes down to personal preferences :) Excuse me on my words, but I'd love to play a casual against a grunting girl haha (who wouldn't tho)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
In some other sports it gets pretty extreme, for example I'm a big fan of Adam Ondra but there are times when it gets a bit much:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V1P97VVt6_k

At the same time here is someone who needs all the body tension he can get, and the loud screams only reflect that. I don't think he could do without them, it's part of body and breathing mechanisms under extreme tension.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
That was a very well crafted spam message.

Hm, you are right. When I read the tennis grunting post by Ackithe, I replied, that it's interesting and of did not push on embedded links (somehow I wasn't tempted to find some "scientific" article about grunting... :) ). When I read your post, I reread the original grunting in tennis post by Ackithe and checked the links to see what you were talking about. And that's the original goal of Ackithe post I suppose. :)

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
It helps my timing in TT,