Help me i am a equiment junkie

This user has no status.
There’s always more to buy. OP might want to pay rokphish a visit. [emoji57]

Hey now...

No wonder I had funny feeling this morning... Ha!

Anyone is welcome to visit...

80d1a1cfdb85c9b344286b2c8a74d01f.jpg

41a7afb36a82bfd49bd96112d53e3120.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
One thing is, you should give yourself time to get used to a certain frame or rubbers. Over the years I bought 5,7 plies with and without carbon, singleply, balsa, 9ply hinoki, and frames with top plies of rosewood, ayous, koto, limba, ebony, walnut, mahogany. So I covered almost the whole range of frame varieties. By playing like two months with each frame I now can see what fits my style/level best. It's kind of expensive but lots of fun!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
It's not a problem. Enjoy your only life.

But the best thing I guess is to buy radically different stuff. A super fast blade, a soft 5 ply blade, a Viscaria, and the same thing with rubbers; a fast one, a spinny one, a hard tacky chinese rubber (battle2 is great), a tenergy05 etc.

So you can't tell yourself "yeah but what if I had really fast stuff... Yeah but what if I had what the pros play (Viscaria+Tenergy).... yeah but what if I just tried some control setup" etc.

Basically cover all bases as cheaply as possible and you'll be over it. Possibly.

that's quite unusual but interesting idea :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
a curing plan

Hello, Ive just registered here to answer to your problem :)

Ill try to put down a recipe I believe in and organize it in a few steps.

1. Believe that this is the solution to your problem (curing EJing) and dont look elsewhere :)
2. Get an intermediate setup - on your blade which is Innerforce Layer ALC as you said put 2 rubbers of the following (buy the least expensive from the closest shop): Donic Acuda P2, Yasaka Rakza 7, Tibhar FXP or Nittaku Fastarc G. It doesnt matter which one you choose no matter what people say. You will fast adapt the way you play to any of them. In 6 months buy a new pair without checking for new equipment.
3. Buy music cds, books and good directors movies every time you feel like buying something new and of course consume them :). For music you can start with lets say Kraftwerk and Bob Dylan :). For movies try some Jim Jarmusch and Woody Allen. As for reading you can start with Jerome K Jerome and Kurt Vonnegut. Remember that buying a new rubber cuts 5 movies or 4 vinyls or 10 books from your future collection. Your darlings will benefit only from the books, movies and cds, not from rubbers. They could use the rubbers as a support for cups of coffee but thats pretty much it.
4. Tell others about your curing plan to set it deep in your mind.
5. After getting connected to those forms of art, you will get into a new state of mind and you'll realize that life isn't about buying tt blades and rubbers but it's about something else. Maybe its about exploring a variety of things - physically or mentally.

Good luck! :)

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Just buy something new if it makes you happy. I got inspired by this thread and gave in to my addiction.

View attachment 16724

This could cure you. This is the kind of blade that caused a nearly complete remission of my EJ ism. For blades.

But there are always rubbers. Shoes. Etc.

Reactions: mart1nandersson
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Can you go into a little more detail about how this rubber performs in itself and compared to Tenergy?

For all you EJs out there: Try the new Joola "Rhyzer Pro 50" rubber. Got mine this week and this will definitely replace my Tenergys on both sides.

Reactions: JST