rubber thickness advice

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Hello, i am a (low) intermediate player and i use my forehand to attack as soon as possible with top spin and hit. My backhand is my weakness because under pressure i use more my arm than my wrist.

For now i have a stiga allround classic blade with a fastarc g-1 1.8mm FH and xiom vega intro 1.8mm BH. I like the global feeling of this configuration.

My question is :as i think i put too many ball out what do you think about put a step down thickness like fastarg g-1 1.4mm FH and vega intro 1.5mm BH? Does it make sense and will increase the control or i am wrong ?

thank you very much

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
ok ! I stop thinking about equipment and will work hard to improve my regularity.

It's ok to think about equipment, it's just that with your current setup (vega intro 1.8) the problem cannot possibly be the rubber if your balls are going long.

Reactions: fais
says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
Apr 2015
Read 2 reviews
Invest on training/coach, record your games and training sessions and watch your errors. Your setup seems controlable enough for the way you told that you play.

One advice, you should invest on your backhand when you're on time. When I learned to play table tennis, I we're told that as I'm tall I should make the game all-forehand, it was maybe a 10 years ago(Ryu Seung Min, Ma lin, Chen Qi influenced my all-forehand playstyle also :p ). That worked well when I was on school, with systemathic training, footwork exercise I was quick enough to play, besides I developed a strong lobbing ability that permited me to play efficiently this way. All of this stoped when I entered in University. Couldn't train so much, not so much exersice, besides I'm heavier than when I was a kid... Now I'm trying to develop my backhand to turn my game into double wing looper. And I've been struggling as hell. So develop all of possible kind of strokes. Good TT ;)