Hi.
I am a 44 y.o. beginner/intermediate app. 1500 rating in Denmark (1200-1300 USATT ESTIMATE).
Played as a kid, now played 3.5 years.

Current setup: Donic Appelgren Allplay, (T05 (2.1) both sides)).

Friends setup for a few minutes: Stiga Intensity NCT, (FH-T05 (2.1) - BH-T64 (2.1)).

I really liked the BH-T64 on that setup; how will it play on my much slower/flexier blade ?

What I noticed:
I noticed a significant difference on the FH-T05 on the two blades so I am worried how much I can transfer the properties of the T64 from the Stiga to the Donic blade.

With my current setup it takes a couple of minutes before my BH-drive works. When starting it seems a bit akward when driving, unless I spin it/whip it. With the T64 it was perfect from start.

I also noticed that I could block aggressively with T64, while T05 I can mostly do passive blocks; so I think T64 will be better in rallies (except for the rare occasion where I stand perfectly positioned for a full stroke BH loop).

Furthermore; my friends setup seemed more balanced. I guees that is because of the small headsize of the Stige Intensity NCT, more than the lower weight of his BH-rubber.

Should I try T64 on my slow blade or do I need a faster one like my friends, or a primorac, OSP off- etc. to reap the benefits of the T64 that I describe ?

PS:
I also noticed that pendulum FH-serve seemed much easier to keep short with my friends blade + T05, than with mine, and that surprised me a lot !!

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
The collective experience in my city is that t64 works better on all-wood and T05 works better on composites as a general rule.

Make sure to spend a lot of time working on your short game with rubbers that fast.

Reactions: Suga D
Sorry to wake this up again, but i just thought of something.

Instead of trying T64 in bh on current blade, maybe shifting from Appelgreen Allplay to Primorac off- and keep the T05 in BH is a solution?

Do you think i will get some of the features i am looking for, i.e. lower throw and a little bit easier drive/active block in BH by only shifting the blade ?

Last edited: