Time to spill the beans!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Folks,
I know you have it - that one item you tell yourself you'll get "next month", or "next year" or " after I get my tax refund or a Christmas bonus", or "after I improve my technic/legwork/consistency/stamina"...
You know what I'm talking about, that one thing that you resist buying because you are not willing to admit that EJ has you, but deep down inside you know you will end up ordering in a moment of weakness

Lets have it!

Mine is Mizuno Wave Drive 8 shoes - my regular walking gym shoes are just fine, but I know I'll end up getting me some at some point...

P.S. Of course, lets limit it to TT items (blades, rubbers, tt shoes, etc)

Alex

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Nittaku Violin -> Just because of how beautiful it is.

DHS Hurricane 3 Neo Provincial Blue Sponge -> Love H3 commercial, wondering if blue sponge will be even better, plus blue sponge looks so cool

Butterfly Viscaria -> Currently using a supposedly Viscaria clone and loving it, so I might switch to the real thing once I stop accidentally hitting my blade against the edge of the table

Tenergy 05 -> Actually tried it and don't like it on the forehand(I usually play with Chinese rubber), but I've never gotten such a beautiful arc on a backhand topspin until that day.

DHS Hurricane Long 5 -> Simply because I like Ma Long

Stiga Clipper -> Also simply because I like Miu Hirano

Harimoto's to be released blade -> I don't like his choing but I really like how risk-taking he was when he played Ma Long

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I can afford to buy anything I want.
This is where I play most of the time.
There is no substitute for conditioning and practice. Everyone makes a big deal about the latest rubber they they aren't that much different from the rubbers before. The same goes for paddles. I know.
The best players are the best not because of their equipment. It is their skill.
My TTT Area.jpg

Reactions: NeatRiver
This user has no status.
I know you said keep it to TT related items, so sorry if this is off. But I would love to buy a new camera. For the people who know me at myTT, they know that I take a lot of videos and post them every now and then. My current camera takes beautiful videos but overheats easily. I also accidentally broke the screen when adding a heat absorbing pad into the camera body.

But I can't justify the 1k+ at the moment for a nice camera... I really want one that has 1080p@120fps or higher, 4k@60fps if possible, and usb-c port with at least usb3+ speeds (takes forever to copy my practice videos off at 20mb/s...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
interesting idea, hmm... :)

On a second thought, I'm not yet comfortable bringing a camera to the gym and setting it up to videotape myself... a bit self-conscious, I guess. Maybe in a few months...

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I would recommend getting a tripod with an attachment built for a tablet. Use you good android tablet with a 128GB class 10 SD memory card... maybe 50 usd for card... a good android tablet new 300 usd... tripod and adapter 50 usd... so you come in at 400 USD and have money leftover for chicken and beers.

A modern high end tablet will do it right and smooth. Plus, it is great for lessons... You can instantly show stuff and screen is large and comfy.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Andy44
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
I think actually a second identical setup. I could try out some rubbers or so on my spare blade while still having my known familiar setup If I have a league match or so. Right now I can't really test out something new because it is a must for me to have a good setup available which I really like.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I just wish my two favorite coaches still lived in my city.

EJwise? Nothing. I like my blade and the rubber I use. I have three boxes of TT shoes unopened. I have some cool shirts. So what else?

Maybe a Pinarello F10 Dogma with DuraAce Di2.
About $12,000. Because compared to road cyclists, TT players are amateurs at EJ ism hat drains bank accounts.

Last edited:
Reactions: mart1nandersson
This user has no status.
I would recommend getting a tripod with an attachment built for a tablet. Use you good android tablet with a 128GB class 10 SD memory card... maybe 50 usd for card... a good android tablet new 300 usd... tripod and adapter 50 usd... so you come in at 400 USD and have money leftover for chicken and beers.

A modern high end tablet will do it right and smooth. Plus, it is great for lessons... You can instantly show stuff and screen is large and comfy.

That's actually not a bad idea, and definitely the smarter option. I just really want the quality that the better cameras have. I record things with my phone too (Samsung Galaxy Note 8) and the quality is great, but it still lacks a lot compared to my camera. I suspect a decent tablet probably wouldn't be much better than my current phone. Also, the zoom you can get from a camera is so much better.

In the meantime, I should probably get a tripod adapter for my phone though.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi