Using Wood Filler to fill the dents on the blade

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Hi Guys,

Has anyone used wood filler to fill the dent on the edges of the blade? Any tips to fill the dents and even out the edge would be very helpful.

thanks,
KM1976

Yes. I use a simple spatula to sculpt it and, fine-grained and even more fine-grained sandpaper to get it smooth.

says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
I tried Elmer's Wood Filler, but it becomes brittle and falls apart, so I stopped using it. Instead I use epoxy, works much better.

Hi llia,
Please can you share the brand of epoxy which you use? Also what is the appropriate method of using it. I haven’t done this before so any help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I use epoxy mixed with microballoons (tiny, almost weightless plastic balls, available at well stocked hobby shops). Strong, light and easy to sand.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
As a woodworker, I would recommend using a router to hog out the chipped/dented portion of the edge and inlay a new piece of similar wood.

Reactions: Suga D
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
As a woodworker, I would recommend using a router to hog out the chipped/dented portion of the edge and inlay a new piece of similar wood.
Hi,

Thanks for taking time to answer my question. As you have shared that you are having experience in working with wood, can you please let me know if an epoxy putty (two separate clay like parts, mixed to form a compound dough) will be a good idea. Also, I understand that while finishing the edges I would need to sand it to get a proper finish, will a sandpaper 240 or higher grade be good for the job. Any considerations, pitfalls which I (being a noob) might need to consider while doing this exercise. I would request you to please give some tips on this as well.
Also, as you can see, I just need a very limited quantity and a cheaper alternative to repair the blade. So, please if possible, can you let me know which restoration product would be easier to work with and cheaper as well?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews

That's also how a friend of mine repairs his blades

Here's a vid that might also be helpful:

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy44