Need to replace my Tibhar Stratus Power wood blde

This user has no status.
Hello Friends!

I need help / suggestion to replace my Tibhar stratus power wood (TSPW).

About 8 months ago I needed help in selecting my blade & I ended up with TSPW (Thanks to upsidedowncarll :) ) and I love it and wish I don't have to change it. I like the ball feel, speed, loops, flat hits, flicks & push. Except its a bit too heavy and during a fast game or fast flicks it becomes a problem for me. I will love to have a blade with same characteristics but lighter or may be SMALLER head so by the time I attach rubbers there is less mass as TSPW is a bit large blade. I am using Donic Baracuda 2.0 on both sides and I do love this setup.

No I will not get used to heavy set up as I have already played 8 months regularly 3 to 4 times a week. My current setup is 188 g. Will love a setup thats between 170 to 175 grams.

My game style is offensive, I love playing topspin, backhand smashes, flicks. My forehand and backhand are both pretty decent. I am an intermediate level player who plays close to mid distance from the table. I think I will like an all wood blade but I am open to suggestions. I am even open to suggestions for a new setup of rubbers.

Thank You for your help.

says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
Hey there,

You can go with the new stiga azlea offensive, perfectly suits your requirement.

Reg. rubbers I wont advise changing it as it will impact your gameplay and technique

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NeatRiver
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
Maybe the OSP Virtuoso/Virtuoso+ is an alternative. You can choose the headsize and it's the same composition.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Tibhar Lebesson is a great blade with compact head size. But it does not have limba as a second ply.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Just my $.02: the Donic Appelgren Allplay has the same composition, maybe a slightly smaller head and probably a bit thinner. You may find ones up to 10-15g lesser in weight, and it's a great blade.

I've also held and liked a few Andro blades (the CSV OFF, for example) that I felt played nice, but were rather too light to my taste.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
When searching for my last new blade also realized I tend to like lighter ones. Thus I wanted to recommend you Stiga Infinity or Gewo Zoom Balance All+, which I used before, but then I saw that according to revspin etc. your TSPW should be similarly light if not even lighter.

Now just remembered that my training partner with whom I selected was going for the heavier blades and disliked andro for their strange/smaller head sizes. So their bats might be an option, too? - I had this andro super core off- for a year, was quite OK.

Hello Friends!

About 8 months ago I needed help in selecting my blade & I ended up with TSPW (Thanks to upsidedowncarll :) ) and I love it and wish I don't have to change it. I like the ball feel, speed, loops, flat hits, flicks & push. Except its a bit too heavy and during a fast game or fast flicks it becomes a problem for me. I will love to have a blade with same characteristics but lighter or may be SMALLER head so by the time I attach rubbers there is less mass as TSPW is a bit large blade. I am using Donic Baracuda 2.0 on both sides and I do love this setup.

No I will not get used to heavy set up as I have already played 8 months regularly 3 to 4 times a week. My current setup is 188 g. Will love a setup thats between 170 to 175 grams.

My game style is offensive, I love playing topspin, backhand smashes, flicks. My forehand and backhand are both pretty decent. I am an intermediate level player who plays close to mid distance from the table. I think I will like an all wood blade but I am open to suggestions. I am even open to suggestions for a new setup of rubbers.

Thank You for your help.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
What's the weight of your TSPW?

Blades with similar or identical ply construction:
Joola K5
Yinhe W6
Appelgreen Allplay
Primorac Off-
Xiom Offensive S
OSP Virtuoso -/+
Gewo Zoom Pro Off-

I'm sure you can get lighter blade among these ones (or just ask any of the sellers if they got lighter TSPW)

Good luck

says Aging is a killer

Hello Friends!

......... My current setup is 188 g. Will love a setup that's between 170 to 175 grams..........

Have you weighed the blade itself? You may try calling the US Tibhar dealer to see if they have a light copy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016

Joola K5
Yinhe W6
Appelgreen Allplay
Primorac Off-
Xiom Offensive S
OSP Virtuoso -/+
Gewo Zoom Pro Off-

I'm sure you can get lighter blade among these ones (or just ask any of the sellers if they got lighter TSPW)

Good luck

Not to be that guy who recommends his own blade, but I find Xiom Offensive S as good as anything can be within this particular range (and blades in general, for my own use and what you've described). Mine is 89 gr but I've asked for one of this weight. Average is less, I think. Head size would be smaller than PW but I am not sure by how much - it just feels standard, if there is such a thing.

This user has no status.
Just my $.02: the Donic Appelgren Allplay has the same composition, maybe a slightly smaller head and probably a bit thinner. You may find ones up to 10-15g lesser in weight, and it's a great blade.

I've also held and liked a few Andro blades (the CSV OFF, for example) that I felt played nice, but were rather too light to my taste.

Thank you yoass

This user has no status.
When searching for my last new blade also realized I tend to like lighter ones. Thus I wanted to recommend you Stiga Infinity or Gewo Zoom Balance All+, which I used before, but then I saw that according to revspin etc. your TSPW should be similarly light if not even lighter.

Now just remembered that my training partner with whom I selected was going for the heavier blades and disliked andro for their strange/smaller head sizes. So their bats might be an option, too? - I had this andro super core off- for a year, was quite OK.

Thank you Phorkyas. Is it Stiga Infinity vps V or vps v Diamond Touch that you recomend

This user has no status.

Joola K5
Yinhe W6
Appelgreen Allplay
Primorac Off-
Xiom Offensive S
OSP Virtuoso -/+
Gewo Zoom Pro Off-

Good luck

Thank you Kontra. My TSPW is 85g but the head is larger than usual 152x158 and that means more rubber mass on the racket.
At one point I was almost thinking to sand it down to 150x170. All the blades you mentioned look really good.

This user has no status.
Not to be that guy who recommends his own blade, but I find Xiom Offensive S as good as anything can be within this particular range (and blades in general, for my own use and what you've described). Mine is 89 gr but I've asked for one of this weight. Average is less, I think. Head size would be smaller than PW but I am not sure by how much - it just feels standard, if there is such a thing.

Thank you Ioiettino. Xiom Offensive S looks good and quite similar to TSPW.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Would be curious to hear what the experts say about taking off sth from your blade - would take some courage to do it, like Damien Eloi playing with his Tibhar Swing IV S? (My guess if you make it smaller it'll get stiffer, but maybe even too small to notice.)

Just weighed all my last equipment and it's getting heavier with time (-;
Primorac Off- 164gr (but with long pips on it for fun)
andro super cell off- 173gr
Gewo all+ zoom 177gr
Stiga Infinity Vps V 183gr
(What "Infinity" it is, I don't know, they added some "Legend" at the end, but the sellers shop homepage also mentions this diamond touch stuff)
Thank you Kontra. My TSPW is 85g but the head is larger than usual 152x158 and that means more rubber mass on the racket.
At one point I was almost thinking to sand it down to 150x170. All the blades you mentioned look really good.

Sent from my ZTE Grand S II LTE using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Andro CS V. May be softer and not flexy as the TSPW.
Don't be afraid of the Off + label. It has a lot of control. It's a very nice blade, very cheap and really light. But be aware that I didn't find it in Andro's new catalog, so may be you can find in stock in the stores or may be not.