Advice on Table Tennis Equipment

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Hey I have been playing table tennis(not regularly) for more than 9 months. I have just decided to start playing regularly and i would need a customized racket for which i need some advice. I use a shakehand grip, my technique has developed reasonably. However i am quite disappointed with my forehand although my BH is relatively good. I am considering to experiment with Penhold grip and then decide which one to use permanently. I look for control in the game and don't attack blindly. I like jumping in on loose balls, play with plenty of spin and use strong serves. The maximum i can spend on a rubbers and blade is around US$40 cuz even this is a LOT in our currency. For this budget and playing style which rubbers and blade are the best for me? The main thing is i want to get into my school's TT team which has 5-6 serious blokes, before October. Any response will be greatly appreciated...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Are you going to learn reverse penhold backhand?

Passionate about TT

Well for the time being, i will stick to TBH with placement. If i go for Penhold permanently, then definitely RPB will be an option. I will learn it of course but its implementation in the match will depend on how much my TBH fulfills the job.

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
A very popular cheapo rubber is Palio AK47 yellow/blue and for good reason :)

Should be about 10 bucks a rubber on ali express. Modern rubber, thin grippy topsheet and even good longevity

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Well I have researched and decided that I will buy Palio Energy 03 Blade, Friendship Focus Snipe 3 for FH and Palio AK47 Blue on BH. Is it a good selection?