Equipment worth it or not??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Hi guys! I am of purchasing this used bat with used rubber.

Blade: Butterfly Innerforce Layer ALC
Rubber (both sides): Donic Bluefire M1

It’s about $160+ (USD) as this blade and rubber is used. Seller mentioned, “blade and rubber used for 2 sessions” and “no damage, very new condition”

I don’t have a carbon blade and my current blade cost is less than $20. It’s kind of a massive upgrade for me. There are tons of blades and rubbers available in stores and probably I can’t decide. What do you think of the price? Should I buy it?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Its not a question of price only. The first question is, could you manage this setup?

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Very expensive but in relation to shop prices yeah its a good deal.

That said I dont think it's such a great setup and you can get great setups for much less

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Great blade, great rubber.

Reactions: yoass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Its not a question of price only. The first question is, could you manage this setup?
I wanted a faster blade in my mind for quite a while. Something that can give more power and speed into ball without exerting more force into my strokes and rotation.

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
What do you think is a better setup for this blade?

I don't like that blade. I think it's design isn't good. I think it goes against itself in a way.
The innerforce design style is nice, but using ALC innerforce construction and them making the blade head huge? I mean, do you want power, do you want spin and control, or do you want something where each aspect of the design conflicts with another part? I dunno. Seems an unfocused design.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Unless you are already a good player, i think this setup is way too fast to learn table tennis well. Keep your blade and only buy modern rubbers (Bluestorm, MX-P ...).
It will most probably be more than fast enough.

I think this is good advice. If you are using a $20.00 premade racket and you jumped up to Innerforce Layer with Donic Bluefire, you may not even be able to get the ball on the table. I would also say, trying something if it is used before buying would give you an understanding of what you are thinking of buying.

And if you got a

Yinhe 896 blade with Dawei Inspirit rubbers you would spend under $60.00 and have a setup that was much better for you.

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
However, buying it used at that price, if it doesn't work out for you, you can always re-sell at least the blade (let's say you try it long enough that rubbers are dead) for maybe $120. If it is too fast for you, trying this way could save you a lot of ej money later. Hard to go wrong getting a good deal on a used setup complete.