Different sound of DHS D40+ balls

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
Hey there,
I got a question for you guys which have tested the D40+ balls.
The first balls I bought in the first quarter of 2017 were really good and sounded like the Nittaku Premium balls, after 2-3 months or so I ordered 72 balls from TTNPP and they play basically the same I think but the sound is really high pitched, like broken celluloid balls. Something must have changed or maybe I got a bad batch, I don't know. How is the 'normal' sound of the D40+? Anyone else got totally different sounding balls?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Our club has been playing with the D40+ ball for years now. So we don't really play with enough different balls to tell.

But going off memory I remember when we first switch some people making a note about the sound. But that's because it was new. Now nobody ever says a thing about them.

It's basically all about what you get use to. Give it time and before you know it, you won't even hear the sound.

PS - But I can clearly hear the difference on the D40+ ball when it is actually broken. So IDK.

JST

This user has no status.

JST

This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Same here Fabian, both 72-ball baxes from TTnPP I got (12/2017 and 03/2018) have high-pitch sound on our JOOLA tables. It was annoying the first session (especially when we mixed them with STIGA plastic balls we used last season) but now I don't hear it anymore. I trained with seamless plastic balls recently in another club and then even one 3-hour session with old celluloid DHS 40 balls (because some guy trained for tournament where they still use them!) and I cannot say I find the big difference in sound or play. So I guess you can notice all these differences when comparing head to head but once you start the session with one ball and whole hall uses it then you hardly notice differences like high-pitch sound or little bit less spin/speed... unless you play 2-4 hours a day on semi-pro level. That's my experience.

Reactions: suds79
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
Well they play fine as I said but I just wonder why they are so different sounding depending on batch. Has anyone bought D40+ in the last months and can tell me what the current, "normal" version of the ball is?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Well they play fine as I said but I just wonder why they are so different sounding depending on batch. Has anyone bought D40+ in the last months and can tell me what the current, "normal" version of the ball is?

Checked my TTNPP order history. Ordered 144 of those balls on 3/12. They seem completely normal to me.

Little extra info. On 5/10 ordered a few of those DHS 2-tone balls. They play exactly the same as the regular D40+ ball. So those also get a big thumbs up from me.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I do tend to find there are some variations of the D40+ balls even though they actually play quite well and the balls are round it shows consistency. the thing that strikes me is the appearance of the balls that I have experienced is that the balls looks either very white milky and the other has a little tinge of yellow it's hard to explain but definitely noticeable when it is looked very carefully, also the surface of the ball is more rough (white milky) like the nittaku premium and other feels more smooth (tinge yellow) this is the experience as players i vs use their own D40+ balls maybe that's why there might be some variation of sound

http://oi68.tinypic.com/2cfce8k.jpg

here are two different batch of D40+ ball. call me crazy i believe the print of the balls are not the same right? but it possible that there is somewhat a variation of the material used on the ball maybe?
also the box of ten of the balls shown are the same one of the left is from a box XGAG and they are exactly the same as the one in the two colour ball batch XDAH which appears to be the smooth surface. the same ball on the right is from a batch XIAG which has somewhat a rougher surface similar to nittaku premium.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
Yeah that's exactly the two types of balls I got. The more yellowish balls have a thicker red print and sound a lot better. I don't think there's a big difference when playing though.