DHS H301 vs. Butterfly Viscaria

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
Hello! I am already six months playing with viscaria (05+05fx). Doing successes. Very linear. But sometimes I need more control and confidence. And little less speed.
Before viscaria I'm trying long 5. Comfortable grip, pleasant wood feel. But too much flexible, non-linear and require large physical efforts,
I would like to try the h301. I think this is what I need . Koto + alc inner layer.
Does anyone compared these two blade?
H301 is linear?
Thank you for your advice!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
Viscaria is better blade.
You wont change for better something these time you only feed your EJ
05 fx is awful blade on Viscaria. I prefer something with lower throw. Rakza 7 on both sides shine bright like a diamond. I miss my Viscaria

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Yes, I played with Viscaria for a bit and when I tried the DHS301 I just stayed with it.
Viscaria is definitely not a 'better' blade, don't worry about it. There's just something magical about the 301 design.

It reacts to what you do pretty much perfectly. Totaly linear. A little more power? a little more power. A little less? a little less.

You'll never get, like with viscaria, any time when your ball pops up when you touch it softly and also the ball stays a bit longer, making a lot of things easier (serves especially are very fun and arcing is more pronounced). And you get the wonderful big sweet spot that you don't really get with all wood.
And of course it's still a rather fast blade.

I think the small-blade-head+Koto outer+inner ALC is just a perfect build. And the DHS301 is just perfectly made, as far as I'm concerned.

It doesn't look as smooth as top rate blades, but it plays best. I warmly recommend it.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Just so you know, H301 is slower and more flexible than Long 5. If Long 5 is too slow and too flexible for you, than you definitely don't need H301. Like Konrad Bak suggested, why not use harder and lower throw rubbers on your Long 5? Then your Long 5 will have good control, fast speed, and lower throw.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Or you could keep your blade and try one of the newer more linear rubbers like Rozena, or Rasanter or Bluestorm, etc. etc.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
England players the most ugliest.
Okay. I had h301 throw is low but i like everything - handle, color except quality. For me you Must get rakza 7 2.0 on
Viscaria or Long 5 (max)
I played fang bo alc but this is off+ But its more woody than h301 and Viscaria
I dont recommend bouncy rubber on Viscaria
Elp, R7, H3neo, Rasant
Vega pro perfect
H301 Goldarc 8 + 5 is very spinny setup and has good balance and block is perfect.

Viscaria is like F1 bolid when you play near the table.
H301 is like Classic normal Coupe
Fang Bo alc is like Ferrari and its stiffer than both
Near the table is easy to handle except when you hit hard
Viscaria is more about springiness and acceleration (?!) H301 is more about control and placement
Fang Bo Alc is more like who can stop me now?

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
BTW I also have a fish-scale FL viscaria, 86 grams.
It's much higher pitched than the H301, but it is not actually faster, not really.
I mean, it's just a lot less linear. A softer hit will produce more speed, but that's not really what I want as a player.

I'm considering selling it, if anyone is interested and can offer a good price.
Personally I find the fish-scale wood pattern to be a lot better than the regular.

This user has no status.
Just throwing this out there, I've changed rubbers on my H301. I noticed many small splinters being pulled up when I took the old rubbers off. The splinters are still attached to the blade, not completely pulled off. If I don't sand the tiny splinters off, they will definitely come off the blade in large pieces the next time I change rubbers.

I want to know if anyone else is having the same issue with H301. If so, please share your solution. I also advise anyone who just bought a new H301 to either seal the blade or at least sand the blade surface with very fine sandpaper to prevent splintering.

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Never happened to me.
Just put new rubbers on my DHS301 yesterday. I guess it can happen with any blade, depending on how you glue and how you pull the rubbers off. Sealing it is generally a pretty good idea. Fish-scale cut (like the koto outer ply of the 301) especially has this grainy quality about it that can make it harder to remove all traces of the glue but on the other hand it's much less likely to splinter, so who knows.

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Lightzy
Are you trying other rubbers on h301?
For example tenergy?)

Nope. Never tried. I was already pretty settled for rubbers when I got the 301.

I can tell that with faster rubbers this setup will be very fast, too fast for me.

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Damn this topic made me so nostalgic I'm gonna take my ole viscaria to practice sunday :)
I'm not even sure I remember it right, and certainly not with battle2, never tried that combination.
I'm certain I'll lose a lot of the fine touch of the 301 but .....

I wonder :>

Last edited: