DHS H301 vs. Butterfly Viscaria

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
Damn this topic made me so nostalgic I'm gonna take my ole viscaria to practice sunday :)
I'm not even sure I remember it right, and certainly not with battle2, never tried that combination.
I'm certain I'll lose a lot of the fine touch of the 301 but .....

I wonder :>

Hello, how do you have played?

Last edited:
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Not enough, I'll take it to practice today also, and then wednesday and thursday and tell you what I think after that :)

This user has no status.
Nope. Never tried. I was already pretty settled for rubbers when I got the 301.

I can tell that with faster rubbers this setup will be very fast, too fast for me.

Just curious, have you have tried CJ8000 (42-44 degrees)? I'm currently using it on BH of my H301. AK47 is also 42-44 degrees. I'm curious about how these 2 Palio rubbers compare.

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
K, had another practice with Viscaria, AK47 yellow on backhand and B2 on forehand.

Overall it's... very similar. Very controlled, direct. I wouldn't say the viscaria is faster. It has a somewhat higher throw it seems.
Viscaria seems to have an advantage for the backhand for some reason (maybe it's the higher throw?), while the 301 is more comfortable with the forehand. Viscaria is really wonderful for the backhand.

Reactions: CroneOne
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
K, had another practice with Viscaria, AK47 yellow on backhand and B2 on forehand.

Overall it's... very similar. Very controlled, direct. I wouldn't say the viscaria is faster. It has a somewhat higher throw it seems.
Viscaria seems to have an advantage for the backhand for some reason (maybe it's the higher throw?), while the 301 is more comfortable with the forehand. Viscaria is really wonderful for the backhand.

Probably because viscaria has less dwell and follows from this - higher throw than h301.
What about the control on both blades?
And wood feel?)

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Control with these rubbers feels the same. I get more topspin on my backhand with the viscaria and more topspin on forehand with the 301, again, not sure why.
I have a 2.5 hour practice session each day, I'll keep at it throughout this week and try for more full conclusions by the weekend :>

Reactions: zizka
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
I have just received my DHS Harry Kane 301 from China. 7 days delivery which is good. It appears to be of good quality but comparing it to a friends Butterfly Timo Boll alc it lacks the wow factor. However it is a fraction of the price.

I am surprised how thin the blade is and, after trying to transfer rubbers from my primorac, how large the face is. I am intending to use Rozena's on both sides but upgrade to Tenergy's as my skills improve. I will post a review once I have used it in anger.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
I have just received my DHS Harry Kane 301 from China. 7 days delivery which is good. It appears to be of good quality but comparing it to a friends Butterfly Timo Boll alc it lacks the wow factor. However it is a fraction of the price.

I am surprised how thin the blade is and, after trying to transfer rubbers from my primorac, how large the face is. I am intending to use Rozena's on both sides but upgrade to Tenergy's as my skills improve. I will post a review once I have used it in anger.

I'm looking forward your review ;)

Last edited:
This user has no status.

I am very curious about Your opinion. Currently I'm also using BT Primorac with Rozena's on both sides. I ordered DHS H301 because it's quite cheap and had very good opinions. I was curious how carbon blades compares with all wood blade. So I said why not ;) First training with setup: H301, Aurus on fh and aurus soft bh- was quite unsuccessful. The touch was strange for me... After workout I was playing with my sparing partner 5 matches. He beat me up in two first ones (with H301 - maybe becuase it was my first training with this blade) but when I change blade I won 3 others. Maybe Tibhar rubbers are just not good for this blade...? But I can't feel the game... Today I have training and I'll give H301 another chance with Xiom Vega Pro on fh and Acuda S3 on bh. If it won't be nothing spectacular I think that I will come back to BT with Rozena's. Or maybe I should try H301 with Rozena's? What do You think guys?

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
What do You think guys?

You're absolutely right, but it's what you'll get with any of the more offensive carbon blades. You won't feel any of the vibrations you felt with a soft 5 ply wood blade.
Also the ball will be thrown a lot lower with the 301 than with the Primorac so your technique has to be more accurate to spin the ball better when going for topspin or the ball will fly off the table or go in the net. It's specifically a blade with low throw I find. Even compared to viscaria.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I am very curious about Your opinion. Currently I'm also using BT Primorac with Rozena's on both sides. I ordered DHS H301 because it's quite cheap and had very good opinions. I was curious how carbon blades compares with all wood blade. So I said why not ;) First training with setup: H301, Aurus on fh and aurus soft bh- was quite unsuccessful. The touch was strange for me... After workout I was playing with my sparing partner 5 matches. He beat me up in two first ones (with H301 - maybe becuase it was my first training with this blade) but when I change blade I won 3 others. Maybe Tibhar rubbers are just not good for this blade...? But I can't feel the game... Today I have training and I'll give H301 another chance with Xiom Vega Pro on fh and Acuda S3 on bh. If it won't be nothing spectacular I think that I will come back to BT with Rozena's. Or maybe I should try H301 with Rozena's? What do You think guys?
I hv played both Primorac and H301 too. Their difference is like between day and night. It's impossible to find Primorac's feel in H301. Primorac's feel is just so wonderful.

H301 gives u longer trajectory and lower throw. The feel is also impaired due to hard top ply and alc.

Passionate about TT

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
I find 301 is slower than viscaria for slower shots but top speed is about the same on fh with same rubber.
For bh i find better on viscaria than 301. 301 is slower n a bit difficult excecute the bh topspin. I use baracuda for both viscaria n 301
Maybe harder rubber like rozena will perform better on bh on 301.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Reactions: zizka
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
This week I trained only with the Viscaria.

Today I trained with the 301 for the first time in a week and instantly liked it better.
More easy to access more precise gears for me, from very delicate to very powerful. Spin is also a bit easier to generate, though yeah, less top end power. But it's not really an issue.

That's all I got.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cobalt765 and zizka
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
My new H301 with H3NC on both sides just arrived today from China. Genuine code to check authenticity. Yet to play with it.

IMG_2645.jpgIMG_2647.jpgIMG_2646.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: zizka and Simas
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Ive read your opinions guys and finally bought it too. Damn the blade is good. I do compare it to the tb alc and must say I love the control it offers. Somehow the acuda s2 I was using on the bh side worked much better than on tb. T05 fit quite well on the fh, not too much bounciness. Just one short practice and a tournament game, but impressions are great. Can be, I guess, recomended to someone looking for a step up from Primo, slower rubbers ... who knows...

Reactions: zizka and Lightzy
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
It's a week from my last post here.

This whole week I was training with the Viscaria. It was great.
Today I used the 301 again and... I dunno. It's just magic for me, this blade. I truly think it's the perfect design for a blade.

Backhand was harder to control, as predicted. The backhand with the Viscaria is pretty magical, both spin and loop. It's so easy and forgiving. Really fun.
But the 301 edges it out in control and easy spin generation for the forehand, which for me is more important. The throw angle of it also helps in making huge spin, but it's still very direct and powerful. Love it so much :)

So yeah. After all my experiments with various blades, I think I've found the one, and that's it really.

Reactions: jawien and zizka