DHS H301 vs. Butterfly Viscaria

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
Yesterday I practiced with this blade with t05 and t05fx. It's the best than I've been playing for the past 5 years. Viscaria after h301 seems very hardness. Dwell time longer on h301 than on viscaria. It is very easy to make the first attack. The low throw looks safe and controllable. Nice click when a strong attack.

Reactions: RidTheKid
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
After playing with the H301 using hurricane 3 neo, I’ve come to the conclusion that the blade is too hard for tacky Chinese rubbers. There is not enough dwell time to engage the sponge completely. The ball either hits the net and if I brush harder it just goes out of the table. I cannot feel the ball as much as I used to compared with my previous blade which was softer. Any advice would be appreciated. I may have to change my technique but it was so much easier with my cheap $20 blade that I had before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
I think this blade is MEANT to be played with hard chinese tacky rubbers but yeah it's not easy, you need strength, rapid acceleration and proper technique and then it's really deadly.

It is somewhat softer than the viscaria, which many players play with chinese rubbers also.

Reactions: RidTheKid
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Thanks a lot lightzy. I was beginning to think that I wasted money on this. I’ll have to work on my technique for a few weeks on looping backspin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Thanks a lot lightzy. I was beginning to think that I wasted money on this. I’ll have to work on my technique for a few weeks on looping backspin.

Don't thank me so quickly! Of course it could have been a waste of money, everyone plays different, has different strengths and preferences.

But if you never grow to like it, at least it's not a waste of a lot of money. It's really the best of its type you can get for how little it costs :)

Some people especially have a liking for the feeling of a hard/soft wood outer ply. Personally I love it but some people never do and prefer limba or ayous.

Good luck mate!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
As the H301 is only available with flared handle and as this handle is too flared (too wide at the bottom and too thin in the middle), I decided to remove the handle-cups and add some handle-cups of my Yasaka Dynamix 17. I had two of these blades with different handle-shape - one with a more squarish handle and the other one with roundish handle.

Therefore I glued a squarish handle cup on the forehand side and the roundish cup on the backhand. This combination looks like some Soulspin handles and feels very comfortable in my hand.

P1040575.jpg

and here you can see the complete blade

P1040571.jpgP1040572.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
As the H301 is only available with flared handle and as this handle is too flared (too wide at the bottom and too thin in the middle), I decided to remove the handle-cups and add some handle-cups of my Yasaka Dynamix 17. I had two of these blades with different handle-shape - one with a more squarish handle and the other one with roundish handle.

It plays differently, but I got used to it. Bh side needs adjustment, but overall, suprisingly you'll get a nice firm grip with the flared handle.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
I like flared handles if they are moderate FL, but this one was extreme in my eyes. Now, with the thick roundish cup in my hand and the thinner squarish cup for the fingers it feels really comfortable.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
I like flared handles if they are moderate FL, but this one was extreme in my eyes. Now, with the thick roundish cup in my hand and the thinner squarish cup for the fingers it feels really comfortable.

I could go for something less extreme too, was it hard to take off an old handle cups? How did you deal with the grooves on the side of the handle?

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
A blade-maker here in Germany did it for me. He filled the grooves with solid wood instead of wood-paste.

P1040577.jpg

Attachments

• P1040584.jpg
    P1040584.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 880
Reactions: Suga D and jawien
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
A blade-maker here in Germany did it for me. He filled the grooves with solid wood instead of wood-paste.

Yep, thanks for the picture. The original H301 handle, makes you hold the racket more upwords I think, it hinders the mecanics of the stroke a little. At first I thought I will have problems with my grip stability but it was not the case, more is that the racket positions differently in your hand. I'll porobably play for a while with it and see if I make more adjustemnt, if not that I'll choose your path I guess : )

This user has no status.
Previously i use SWORD Blue Feather which is a clone of Viscaria. I am cpen player and Butterfly does not produce cpen Viscaria. I bought H301 in September 2018. It is really a good blade as it is more spiny and better control. FH H3Neo and BH CJ8000 (hardness: 38-41). H301 supprise me with the BH which it has highly controlable and spiny BH.