World Cup. Who you got?

This user has no status.
If France wins , it will be exactly as they played against Belgium, all defence and trying to score on a counter. Very effective tactic, but very coward like and negative style of play, i hope Croatia wins, it is a team that plays positively, and i am happy they won against England this way , the english were not a really good team (lost against Belgium, almost lost against a weakened Colombia, won against an incredibly weak Sweden).
If France wins this way, it is a big loss for football as a sport.
It is weird to read the english press writing about the english team as maybe the best on the world cup. England would have had no chance at all against Brasil, and they would have had very little chance against France too. Also their goal against Croatia was a cheap one, the Croatians made 2 proper goals.

The match for 3rd place is not relevant anymore, but everybody who is honest knows the english are the weaker team in this match.

But all this said , dont u guys think football is a bit of a sport for defending style of play, 1-0 and then defend with 11 players aggressively , worked for France!

Table tennis is so much more exciting and positive (well , just forbid the long pips to avoid shitty ugly play), but i think we need still some rule adjustments (like the height of the service toss, which is not clearly visible for umpires).

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
If France wins , it will be exactly as they played against Belgium, all defence and trying to score on a counter.
so exactly like Belgium played against Brazil then. Btw France had 19 shots against Belgium's 9, 5-3 on target. You had a brilliant team this time and the result could've easily been the opposite if not for a random Umtiti header, but calling France cowardly is just saltiness, they did exactly what had to be done.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Anything is possible at this point. Russia wouldn't be out of the question. :cool:

Realistically, France has a good chance, from what I've seen so far.

Years of watching TT is well worth it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
...A little bit surprised that this topic takes only 2 pages though... and they say football is no1 in the world :D

There is a saying over here, that goes a little something like this:
TableTennis players only play football for warm-up.

[Meaning: football is too trivial for TT-players]