Hitler Reacts to ITTF's Game-Changing Announcement

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018

https://documents.ittf.com/system/files/documents/20170923_EC_Halmstad_minutes.pdf
EC meeting, 20170923
6.5. TMS Activity
The ITTF Information Technology transition and retrieval of the ITTF data was not as smooth
as wished. The ITTF was disappointed that TMS, with Mr Sharara’s involvement, had made a
large financial proposal to the ITTF for continuing its services in managing the ITTF IT
solutions.
The ITTF legal status and bank accounts in Canada were managed poorly and the ITTF
Canada bank account was transferred to ITTF Africa without the President or Vice President of
Finance knowledge.
The ITTF obtained a document from which it seems to be evident that the former ITTF
President received an amount of 80,000 CAD from TMS in 2006.
It was discovered that there had been irregularities of certain past bid tender processes,
which needed to be checked very carefully to ensure that the ITTF did and does not act
illegally.
Based on the facts mentioned before, it was proposed to the Executive Committee that the
ITTF engages a law firm to further investigate the issues.
3-EC-20170923
The Executive Committee resolved to instruct the ITTF lawyers to seek clarification from Mr
Sharara about his possible involvement with TMS and if there was or is any conflict of interest
due to his positions within the ITTF and TMS. The Executive Committee also resolved to
inform its lawyers of any potential irregularities or other issues for evaluation.

4-EC-20170923
The Executive Committee resolved to not conduct any further business with TMS due to ongoing
investigations.

5-EC-20170923
The Executive Committee resolved to ensure that proper bidding processes are in place for
future tenders.

https://documents.ittf.com/system/files/documents/20171214_EC_Astana_minutes.pdf
EC meeting, 20171214
8.7. Multi-balls trial
The EC noted a report from Ms Iulia Necula about the multi-balls trial at the Czech Open.
The system consists in the players receiving a new ball from the umpire for the next point
without having to collect the ball from the last point, and thus, reducing the time lost
between points. The time saved was four seconds on average from the final in Bulgaria
Open compared to the final in Czech Open, where the same players were playing. Overall,
the time saved in the different matches was two seconds.

16-EC-20170923
The Executive Committee resolved to continue testing this system during the 2018 ITTF
World Tour.

Last edited:
Jan 2018
AMBHl2a.jpg

It's reported the Diamond Tier will be a singles event, limited to 20 players only, and played with "diamond rules". T2 is incorporated into the World Tour because they couldn't secure any broadcast sponsors, and it counts towards the World Ranking to make it relevant, so that it's more than just another league.

http://world-tt.com/ps_info/ps_report_detail.php?bn=1&pg=HEAD&page=BACK&rpcdno=2652#2652
 The T 2 which I started last year was contentiously a great success. However, it was the greatest miscalculation that there was no return (income). So T2 changed its policy. As it is, it is a one-seat shop, just using money. Together with ITTF, make it easier to sponsor, make an official event, have table tennis fans and general people recognize the convention. It will also be possible to incorporate some new rules invented by T2 into the basic rules.

First of all we will incorporate T2 as a singles event from 2019 into the world tour. Currently, the highest level tour is platinum. Furthermore, as the "diamond" above it, we will do what fight, give it the highest level prize competition and also give the world rankings. More than 100 players can participate in the current tour, but in "Diamond" they narrow down to about 20 people.
 If the world rankings become a high prize money, the top players will participate without a break. There, "Diamond · rule" by T 2 (tentative name) is applied. Especially for the top athletes next year because they are in front of the Olympics, if they are chosen for this competition, it will be a chance to win prizes and world rankings. How to choose players that can participate will be the next task.
 This new event will inevitably affect the schedule of professional leagues such as existing World Tour, Bundesliga, T League and so on.

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Gemme the TLDR version someone.

It can be long actually I just haven't the patience to go through all the hitler theatrics again, too long a meme

Jan 2018
TL;DR
The World Tour is now a separate vehicle to slip in rule changes under the disguise of Diamond Tier on the pretext of professionalization, using prize money and stardom as bait to get players to embrace the said changes.

The full story
The tournament structure has been split into 2, the "institutional" platform with a focus on prestige, and the "professional" platform with a focus on commercialization, where national identities are played down.

I don't know if people have noticed, but the ITTF has stopped putting national flags/country codes next to player names on livestream/TV broadcast for the World Tour since India Open 2017, which was in February. They do it only for the WTTC and World Cup now.

In an interview in Mar 2017, Frank Ji talked about how the national identity in China is actually a hindrance to the global development of table tennis.

http://www.ytsports.cn/news-13056.html?wd=tag:99
季文元告诉禹唐:“乒乓运动要改革是一个系统化的过程,需要多个角度去做。我们今天做巡回赛和TTX都是从不同的角度来展开的。我们也有其他项目,包括涉及培训的等等。我们需要把中国的优势经验和其他国家进行分享,然后和国际乒联一起,去做好长期的推广工作。”

在他看来,乒乓球长期以来都是单边的、供给侧的,协会根据自己的认识去组织比赛,而在一定程度上忽略了媒体的传播与市场的需求。因此,乒乓球赛事需要重新设计,站在需求侧的角度去进行重新考虑,将其能够吸引受众关注与参与的要素进行放大。
Ji Wenyuan told YT Sports: "The reform for table tennis is a systematic process and needs to be done from multiple angles. Nowadays, the work on the Tour and TTX is done from different angles. We also have other projects like training and such. We need to share China's superior experience with other countries, and then work with the ITTF to do long-term promotion work."

In his view, table tennis has long been unilateral, the supply side. Associations organized tournaments according to their own understanding, and to some extent ignored the media promotion and market demand. Therefore, table tennis events need to be redesigned, re-considered from the perspective of the demand side, and they can be amplified to attract audience attention and participation.

“像足篮球这样的项目都是从市场经济入手,到中国做中国市场,他们本身的模式各方面都比较成熟,而乒乓球则是由中国主导,但是我们更看重国球的国家荣誉,没那么重视商业开发,但这却对这个运动在世界范围内的商业价值开发形成了抑制。”季文元表示,“国外越来越弱了以后,对我们也不是好事,因此这种改革是系统工程,菁英航运也愿意携手国际乒联,一起进行系统建设。”
"Sports like football and basketball use the market-economy approach, and for the market in China, their own models are more mature in all aspects. Table tennis, OTOH, is dominated by China, but we value national glory more than commercial development, which has hindered the development of business value for the sport around the globe" said Ji Wenyuan. "As the rest of the world becomes weaker and weaker, that'll also hurt us. Hence, the reform is systems engineering. Seamaster is also willing to work with the ITTF to build the system together."

Last edited:
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Didn't get it.
What's the problem?

I mean, I think it's stupid to drop national flags because representing your nation and national identity, or in general representing something bigger than yourself, is very powerful motivating force for a player and also a very powerful motivating crowd appeal force, so this sounds like leftist globalist drivel to me rather than a business thing, and like all globalist leftist agendas ends up in financial insolvency.

But other than that, what's the problem?

Jan 2018
ITTF intends to turn the World Tour into a league of its own with the Diamond Tier, but not just any other league by tying it to the World Ranking. By separating it from the traditional tournament structure, they get much freedom to play around with the rules because they don't have to go through the AGM or Board anymore. We've already seen it. The multiball system is an example.

What we'll see in the future is that the World Tour will slowly but surely drift away from the conventional table tennis, hence the word "institutional", that we're familiar with today. Once players and fans get used to the idea of "diamond rules" in the World Tour, it's likely they'll get transferred to the institutional platform, AKA the Laws of Table Tennis. Once that happens in the professional scene, it'll trickle down to the amateur level.

This approach to changing things is significantly more subtle and gradual than the way of Sharara by messing with the rules that has an immediate effect for everyone from pros to amateurs, whether you like it or not. This is why people don't react much to this announcement.

Reactions: Mytoman
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Yeah well, for me 11 is way more boring. Hardly any chance of dramatic comebacks when trailing 4-5 points.

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Chance you're kidding goes from 67% to 98%.

I think you may have forgotten your maths?
The more granularity to the scoring, the less each point matters.
And also if there are 21 points, it is mathematically more likely to have many point comebacks.
It's.... math.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
I think you may have forgotten your maths?
The more granularity to the scoring, the less each point matters.
And also if there are 21 points, it is mathematically more likely to have many point comebacks.
It's.... math.

Can confirm I've forgotten a lot of math. Luckily still remember some. And still think you're kidding, but for the sake of argument... I'll assume you mean that dividing a game into 21 points rather than 11 makes it more granular. So you're saying that each point in a 21 point game matters less, right? So how is that more dramatic? Seems to me that if a point matters less, then it's less dramatic.

As to the likelihood of many-point-comebacks... I think most people would consider the magnitude of a comeback to depend at least partly on the total number of points in the game and also how close to the finish line the comeback occurs. Coming back from 0-5 in an 11 point game seems bigger than the same comeback in a 21 point game (certainly more unlikely). Coming back from the same deficit at the end of a game (5-10) is bigger than the same comeback at the beginning. 4 points more likely to be a big deficit in an 11 point game. And so on. It's context dependent. Depending on the details of a rigorous definition, it could be that it's more likely to have big comebacks in 11 point games rather than 21 point games. It's... math.

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Simply because coming back to win a more granular game is more a show of skill than a show of luck.
It's... math.

If the game had 1 point, then you could say TT sucks because at a certain level it's more luck than skill.
The more points you have, the more you can say it's a game of skill. Flukes are less meaningful and skill is more evident.
21 is simply better and more exciting. Allowing for more skill and changes of tactic, rather than a couple of net balls being decisive.

4 points may be a big deficit in a 11 point game but it's a deficit that can reasonably be overcome by a little spot of good luck. A deficit of 8 is harder to overcome by a spot of pure luck, but in a game of 11 points it's also almost impossible to overcome, regardless of skill. so it's less interesting.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Simply because coming back to win a more granular game is more a show of skill than a show of luck.
It's... math.

If the game had 1 point, then you could say TT sucks because at a certain level it's more luck than skill.
The more points you have, the more you can say it's a game of skill. Flukes are less meaningful and skill is more evident.
21 is simply better and more exciting. Allowing for more skill and changes of tactic, rather than a couple of net balls being decisive.

4 points may be a big deficit in a 11 point game but it's a deficit that can reasonably be overcome by a little spot of good luck. A deficit of 8 is harder to overcome by a spot of pure luck, but in a game of 11 points it's also almost impossible to overcome, regardless of skill. so it's less interesting.

Your reasoning ain't that bad, but IMHO in a 21 game a good server will have a too big advantage over a not so good server.
And even though i admire skillful serving i do prefer watching powerful athletic rallies rather than just watching magic tricks by conjurers.
So I'm quite fine with the 11.

Didn't get it.
What's the problem?

I mean, I think it's stupid to drop national flags because representing your nation and national identity, or in general representing something bigger than yourself, is very powerful motivating force for a player and also a very powerful motivating crowd appeal force, so this sounds like leftist globalist drivel to me rather than a business thing, and like all globalist leftist agendas ends up in financial insolvency.

But other than that, what's the problem?

Geez, not a very intelligent thing to say. Sounds very much like right wing propaganda! Do you think only righties love their country?
You might wanna look up your history books and check for 'Franco-era' in Spain. There is more in the world than just US politics.

And do you seriously think somebody who got treated by HIS own country and HIS government like Muhammad Ali was back then when he changed his name would be more motivated once he would fight in the name of his country or rather less? *Smmfh*

Very surprising. Not. Actually just Business as usual. Small minded right wing tries bashing lefties on an insensitive tasteless and indelicate Hitlerthread.
What' s next?

Last edited:
Reactions: Joepole
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
I can't help you if you cant figure out why representing your nation etc. Is the most powerful motivator, bigger than oneself.
And also the strongest force for public appeal.

Regardless I suggest to you to calm down a bit with calling people names and inocous things 'insensitive'. Nobody cares and you come out like a preachy ninny

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
It's... math.

You're changing the subject. We were talking about what's more dramatic. Now you're talking about what's a better test of skill. So, fine, if you prefer slow, grinding, boring displays of slight superiority, and lopsided games that are effectively over long before they're actually over, then your argument isn't completely nonsensical. For a real test, though, why stop at 21? Let's play games to 100. Or marathon tt games to 1000 to test endurance. Or 1,000,000 to test which player is younger. Personally, though, I prefer to see players handling pressure, quick momentum changes, getting off to a fast start, etc. These are skills in themselves which I think are put to the test more effectively and entertainingly in games to 11.