Greatest male player in his PRIME (PEAK)

Greatest male player in his PRIME (PEAK)

• Wan Liqin

Votes: 25 39.1%
  • Waldner

Votes: 21 32.8%
  • Ma Lin

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Kong

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Liu Guoliang

• Guo Yehua

• Jiang Jialiang

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ma Long

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • Wang Hao

• other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Yeah Wiwa, I watched it 999 times and I still think it's incredible. hahahaha See you a later, I'm gonna watch it again....

Yes Harry, I appreciate your opinion. Ma Long and ZJK are well on the way to be in record books. The rivalry can only be healthy for the sport. :)

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
If any of u find urself with nothing to do, u can watch this a thousand times and still want to see it again ;)

Nice inside out and the amount of inside out is amazing. Thanks Wiwa. I could watch it a few thousand times.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
I vote for Waldner. But there's another person I should mention is Tibor Klampar. Klampar introduced fast looping on both sides of the racket in table tennis. He is a talented and self-taught player at 1990s' level of skill while playing in the 1970s. But unfortunately because of bad behaviours in his personal life, he was banned from entering matches for many years at his golden age by the Hungary association. And his style of playing was so ahead of time that made him a tragedy. Today, It is the age of looping all around the table. Looping on two sids shows a clear advantage againt one side or 1.5 sides (e.g. Zjk against Xuxin).

For Waldner, outstanding performances on matches, longevity in sport career, charming manners all made him a man beyond his time. He inherited Klampar's way of playing and pushed it to a new level. As for the contribution to table tennis, he invented a proper racket grip for shakehanders' serves, the so-called "Waldner serve", repairing a defect of shakehand grip. Almost all high-leveled players sever in this way today. Without him, maybe penhold wouldn't be fading so fast.

Last edited:
Reactions: ttmonster and swede
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
And for players who are still on the stage, I think it is a little early to judge their greatness. In my opinion, they play at a level totally unparallel with the two above.

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
Wang Liqin the best at his peak but ZJK can brake some records . i'm not saying he will be #1 in world for 5 years but he may win another WTTC and who knows maybe another Olympic games .
I have to change my idea. Zhang Jike has won 4 major titles (two WTTCs, one World Cup and one Olympic game) in 2 years. He completed the Grand Slam in 443 days and was the first player to hold all the major titles at the same time. Jan Ove Waldner is the only player that can be compared to Zhang Jike. Waldner has won the same titles and has 3 unbelieveable records: Winning WTTC without losing a set in 1997, winning the Olympic silver medal when he was 35 and reaching the semi-final of Olympic games when he was 39. Comparing these two is really hard. Zhang Jike won all of his titles in 2 years but it takes 8 years for Waldner to the same. In comparing the titles Wladner is the same with Zhang Jike but Zhang Jike's career is not ended yet. If Zhang Jike wins 2015 WTTC or 2016 Olympic games then he will surely be the greatest player of all time. If he doesn't then he is still an opponent for Waldner to be the greatest. I choose Zhang Jike for the greatest player of all time.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Nice inside out and the amount of inside out is amazing. Thanks Wiwa. I could watch it a few thousand times.
I agree it looks amazing. I think WLQ added some more side to what Timo already had put and thats why it looks that surreal , the ball fades away more than whait looks from WLQs stroke.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2013
I agree it looks amazing. I think WLQ added some more side to what Timo already had put and thats why it looks that surreal , the ball fades away more than whait looks from WLQs stroke.

WLQ's form is unbelievable. It sure looked like a topspin to me the first few times I replay it.