Read 3 reviews
[FONT=&quot]https://twitter.com/ittfworld/status/1025950309443547136

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Playing with the Legend Vladimir Samsonov [/FONT]
1f44d.png

Well, I think he is totally ready for the Legend's tour now... LOL

------

I love Vladi, i just wanted to joke
More seriously, do we really need this Asia/Europe competition ??? its only exhibition games and the format makes no sense. There are already too many TT events... Whats the point ??

Yes we need ...... watching table tennis makes life better ....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Watch zhang jike's behind the back shot in today's training with Wong chun ting ! Just amazing !

http://p.weibo.com/show/channerWbH5/1034:4269655301549516

After the game, Zhang Jike was awarded the "Most Valuable Player" (MVP) in this Asian-European match. Zhang Jike, who won this single most valuable player, said: "I am very happy to win the game. In the end, the Asian team , coaches, team leaders and players , Everyone is worthy of recognition. The team competitions you have seen before , Every player representd their country but now is the confrontation between the United team . It seems to be a commercial competition, but everyone's input and hard work on the court is very strong, Thank you very much for the sponsors and the staff behind the scenes!"

6bd01b63gy1ftz09w8e0jj21vm2t1b29.jpg

006yZyTfgy1ftz4t58sx1j30u0125aek.jpg

0065bebVgy1ftz2z4klkpj30zk1hcnpd.jpg

005HeXRWgy1ftz2szturrj31j810unfe.jpg

6dc832c4gy1ftz17lhxy8j21691rd1e4.jpg

says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
It's the first time that I've seen two-colored balls in official tournament! Actually I didn't know that they were "legal"
Will ITTF "sanction" their use in other tournaments?

When viewing the first days' matches, I thought there was an amazing number of unforced errors, seemingly due to mistiming, and when pondering a possible cause that ball did come to mind. Maybe not, but I am not used to seeing that many sheer total mishits at that level.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
When viewing the first days' matches, I thought there was an amazing number of unforced errors, seemingly due to mistiming, and when pondering a possible cause that ball did come to mind. Maybe not, but I am not used to seeing that many sheer total mishits at that level.

It is quite the opposite I think: The use of two-colored balls leads to much less unforced errors, since it is easier to identify the spin and receives are more effective.

Actually when the Chinese proposed the use of 2 colored ball in all matches, they used this as their main argument: The decrease in unforced errors (bad receives etc) will decrease, which in turn will lead to more "impressive" rallies during the matches.
More rallies, will make the sport more attractive for TV and in turn will attract more more people to the sport.

Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
It is quite the opposite I think: The use of two-colored balls leads to much less unforced errors, since it is easier to identify the spin and receives are more effective.

Actually when the Chinese proposed the use of 2 colored ball in all matches, they used this as their main argument: The decrease in unforced errors (bad receives etc) will decrease, which in turn will lead to more "impressive" rallies during the matches.
More rallies, will make the sport more attractive for TV and in turn will attract more more people to the sport.

That's not what I noticed, although that sounds like a nice theory. Or not entirely; it was actually mostly the european players missing the ball entirely very often, especially on the first day, that triggered my curiosity. Maybe the two-colored ball is more familiar to the asian players?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
That's not what I noticed, although that sounds like a nice theory. Or not entirely; it was actually mostly the european players missing the ball entirely very often, especially on the first day, that triggered my curiosity. Maybe the two-colored ball is more familiar to the asian players?

In a way, Ι agree with you: Although I didn'd watch all the 1st day's matches, I can't say that I've seen any difference in the matches of the Asian-Euro cup, as opposed to the "usual" where the white ball is used.
There were rallies, yes , but i cannot say that they were much more than usual. So maybe the "theory" of the Chinese about the 2 colored ball, is not confirmed...