lighter offensive setup

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Instead of infinity and intensity, as what i have suggested, get the nostalgia all around. It is faster than both and not head heavy.

Thanks, yogi_bear. Never tried any of nostalgic series and I don't think I have seen anyone playing with them at the club. The price isn't bad and I like the way they look too.

Checked stiga website, they rate the blades as follows:

Offensive control 78 speed 73
Nostalgic All control 77 speed 73
Infinity control 70 speed 100
Clipper control 68 speed 101
Intensity control 65 speed 105
Nostalgic OFF control 65 speed 111
Nostalgic 7 control 61 speed 123

so it seems there is a big gap between Nostalgic All and OFF. Nostalgic ALL is rated similar to OFF Classic and Nostalgic OFF is faster then Clipper. And since I am into lighter blades, because it's 5 plies it should be quite a bit lighter.

Did anyone try Nostalgic OFF?

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Blades with balsa are the way to go if you want to get a lighter blade.

I make them myself and it's a very interesting field of research. I have blades of 60g that are OFF- in speed. The lighter blade surface makes these blades a lot less top heavy with modern heavy rubbers.

But to go that way one needs to acquire the taste for Balsa. I don’t think it fits all playing styles, heavily slanting towards direct/flat hits over deep spinbased play. One size does not fit all.

MDP

This user has no status.

MDP

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Read 1 reviews
But to go that way one needs to acquire the taste for Balsa. I don’t think it fits all playing styles, heavily slanting towards direct/flat hits over deep spinbased play. One size does not fit all.
That is true but there are different measures I take to deminish that distinct 'balsa-feeling'. The blades I make and sell the most are in fact the blades that are most suited for a topspin game instead of flat hitting. These blades have a feel that is close to non-balsa blades so when people try them they often have no problem transitioning from their normal blade. Similar feel but a lot lighter, that's why people like them.

Balsa is a dynamic wood, depending on how you use it, the feeling of the blade can be very different.

Reactions: yoass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2024
I also have a Joola Air blade (60g) paired with Gewo (max and 2.0 mm) so my combo is only 130 g. I also have the exact same weight on my Andro Supe Core Offensive Light paired with the same rubbers. The bad news is that both blades are hard to find now as they seem to be discontinued, at least from megaspin.net.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
If you play only with your arm/wrist blade weight might be an issue, but if you generate power from your core it's not really a problem. The core would be accelerating the rest of your body which is magnitudes heavier than your blade.