New backhand rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Hey, i want to change my bh rubber.
I am thinking of tibhar aurus.
But should i go with the softer version? Tibhar aurus soft.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
My rubber now is yinhe galaxy mars. It isn't fast and spinnier enough.
On bh i do everything i can say.
I think if i get soft version i would play with more control and make better spin when i am defender. Attacking will be easy with more controllable rubber. In other side, to have 2 same rubbers will be better for easy progressing. What do you think?

You'd better stay with that and same both sides. Mars is not a hard rubber even the hardest version. You want more control and more spin, which means better active control. The softer version will give you more passive control, but may be difficult for active control and I doubt it will give more spin. If you need more spin and speed try the new Mars II.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
For that i want to get the aurus. But what for aurus soft this is my question?

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Never played with Aurus, so I don't know.
I can only say in general that softer rubbers are better for specific things, and also only under certain circumstances.

If you have slow/weak movements, soft rubbers are the best you can do at creating spin. banana flicking a backspin serve? easy. But the stronger/faster you are, you'll get better results with harder sponges.

I used auris sound for the last 2 seasons as it's the softest of the auris family. It's great for control, pretty decent for spin but at my level it was lacking a bit (that was most likely me not being able to get the best out of that rubber though!).

I recently tried Yinhe Venus 3 from ttequipment and that for me was similar to playing with aurus (much cheaper though), so a reasonable alternative for me.

I then purchased Jupiter 2 from the same site and boy was that an eye opening experience. The control was good, pushing was a bit more difficult with it being a tacky rubber (but I soon figured it out) , but the spin of serves and general spin play was fantastic. I didn't change my shot mechanics (except for the push shot), but I got about 20% increase in spin ( you could have knocked me down with a feather!!!). Even my opponents were commenting on the extra level of spin I was dishing up to them

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
The general deal with a softer than average sponge is if the topsheet isn't iron hard, you can get penetration into the sponge much easier, often with a weaker swing.

The advantages for this are:

1) Easy to generate some spin with a weak swing
2) Easy to generate heavier spin with a 40% swing
3) Easier to generate topspin on BH, since many players have a very weak whip on BH
4) Makes a nice loud sound on a violent impact vs incoming topspin
5) Easier to do a soft topspin loose grip shot at low power, such as a roll or light flip or light defensive topspin shot
6) Easier to do a 20-30% power loose grip counter topspin vs incoming topspin loops and land it
7) Possible to make extreme spin on serves if bat speed, grip, whip, and impact are right
8- In general, easier to make some spin and control with a weaker swing and weaker grip

The disadvantages are:

1) Smashing lacks power and ball goes everywhere
2) Driving the ball close to the table with force has less control
3) Counter-looping with violent force sounds powerful, but is seriously lacking power
4) Powerlooping an underspin ball is less powerful and harder to control
5) Pretty much anything with more than 50% power lacks power and has worse control

The PUNDIT argument is that a beginning and developing player ought to use a soft sponged rubber with controlled strokes using 20-50% power to get a feel for the ball and to generate spin (and hence control on topspin offense/defense)

The PUNDIT way works, it isn't the only way, but it works, time has proven it.

Later, after a foundation is established, a player moves on to a more offensive oriented rubber/blade suitable for the style they are trying to play.

That particular way of the PUNDIT is a pretty sound way IMO as well.

Sounds like I am a salesman for PUNDITS, but anyone following the forum over the years knows I have put myself center of mass in the cross-hairs of many a pundit. I guess at heart I am a pundit, but not the classic one way or the highway type.

OP, do what your heart, your coach, your friends, the internet trolls, and wind lead you.

Whether you go the soft way, or the middle of the road control rubber way, a version of Aurus is right in the middle of the zone of appropriateness... and in Europe, you can find it on sale often at a reasonable price, plus that rubber lasts a heck of a lot longer than average rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I bought Tibhar aurus soft. I played today with it and it is very balanced rubber. It's spinny with good control and high trajectory. Cutting is super and topspins are very controlled and easy to make.