Name your favorite female ping pong players

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I’m new to ping pong and I only been hearing male names thrown around when the coaches are talking about good ping pong players. So I’m looking for motivation and encourage more women to join the fun and addictive sport. So help me out. Videos of plays or training will be awesome, too.

Reactions: GusShnaps and yoass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I’m new to ping pong and I only been hearing male names thrown around when the coaches are talking about good ping pong players. So I’m looking for motivation and encourage more women to join the fun and addictive sport. So help me out. Videos of plays or training will be awesome, too.
Zhang Yining, two time Olympic Gold winner.

Passionate about TT

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Deng Yaping, Chen Meng, Wang Nan, Ding Ning, Bernadette Szocs, Ai Fukuhara

Thank you all for sharing. I’m looking them up :) one question. How do I give heart or like posts in here? I don’t see an option from my iphone.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Ruta Paskauskiene, Li Qian, Joanna Parker, Matilda Ekholm, Feng Tianwei, Amelie Solja, Miu Hirano, Victoria Pavlovich - just to name a few who are a little unconventional (Feng excepted)

Reactions: orchid88

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Miwa Harimoto is quite fun to watch. She just won mini-cadets at the WJC China Open, many of the matches are on youtube.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Thank you all for sharing. I’m looking them up :) one question. How do I give heart or like posts in here? I don’t see an option from myphone.

I think you need a certain amount of posts to see the 'like button.
Iirc it's five or ten.

Anyhow, welcome to the forum and have a good time.

[Emoji2]

Oh yes, I would like to add Tanja Krämer (formerly Tanja Hain-Hoffmann) as well as Nicole Struse.
Just to mention a few

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews

Most my favourite names have been mentioned, one is missing: Sabine Winter.

Reactions: orchid88 and Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I think you need a certain amount of posts to see the 'like button.
Iirc it's five or ten.

Anyhow, welcome to the forum and have a good time.

[Emoji2]

Oh yes, I would like to add Tanja Krämer (formerly Tanja Hain-Hoffmann) as well as Nicole Struse.
Just to mention a few

Just earned the privilege :) thanks for the post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Liu Shiwen for being the best ever, otherwise called "Liu 4-0 Shiwen"

Szocs for the... view.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews

Olga Nemes, if only for sheer tenacity. Smart patternbreaking game, nemesis to many of the greats.

Reactions: Baal and Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
My favorites are Mima Ito ( very agressive young player with short pips on bh ) and Kim Song I ( like someone previous mention, currently the best female defender ).

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Zhang Yining, two time Olympic Gold winner.

Passionate about TT

In my opinion still the GOAT, not necessarily reflected in number of championships (she won a lot though) but just by the eye test of watching her play in her prime.

She had no weakness whatsoever and the best footwork I have ever seen, man or woman. I do not personally think that any of the women currently playing would beat her in her prime (of course we will never know with some of them).

With that said, though, you could make a really good case for other players being GOAT.

Of course you should check videos of DIng Ning, Liu Shiwen, and the current new generation of great Chinese and Japanese women players.

If you like defenders, check out video of Kim Kyung Ah and Park Mi Young of Korea, especially when they played doubles together, and even more so against Chinese opponents. Every one of those matches was an epic battle that you will enjoy watching.

I personally learn as much or more by watching women players as watching men. I think maybe more of it translates to things I can actually do.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
I'd still put Deng Yaping above Zhang Yining. ALL the Chinese women since her have venerated Deng Yaping. Find some videos of her, she is astonishingly quick and aggressive.
And just a little before her in time, check out Chen Jing (Olympic champion 1988, Olympic Silver 1996, Olympic Bronze 2000 - that's a pretty good record) - a really loose and rangy left-hander.