Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey guys,

Here's my latest vlog at the recent World Veteran Championships. Sorry for the delay in uploading, this one took a lot of editing :)

Hope you enjoy the final version, the event was absolutely amazing, a superb job by USA TT and TTD user Matt Hetherington! What a guy!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Hey guys,

Here's my latest vlog at the recent World Veteran Championships. Sorry for the delay in uploading, this one took a lot of editing :)

Hope you enjoy the final version, the event was absolutely amazing, a superb job by USA TT and TTD user Matt Hetherington! What a guy!

Booom. Fantastic work, Dan.
Really. Nice editing too.

Also loved the Interviews you did.
I must say i really like the idea of a World Veterans tour. Would love to see the heroes of back when i was a little youth.
Maybe i could also even attend at one... and certainly get a serious beating... Hahaha.
Wonder what it takes to qualify and how much it will cost though.

Rossi appeared really sympathetic, but his accent.... Aaaaargh!
[EMOJI23]
But he said some very interesting things. That's what matters.

Erich Arndt, the guy from my hometown lost to Richard Hicks in the last 16. So well deserved title for Hicks.
[Emoji2]
Did your Dad also join you and play?

Do you also plan to make a short version for FB? Would love to share it on my clubs FB timeline.

Anyhow, outstanding vlog, Dan.
Keep up the fantastic work!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Suga D... you beat down Rossi for his English accent, but you never heard my harsh strong German accent that might cringe your ears.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hahaha
[Emoji2]
You know me. I was just jokin' around, 'cause just like many people from other nations we germans just can't hide where we coming from and sound quite alike.
[Emoji2]
There are so many lovely sounding accents of english language around the globe, like the french, the spanish, the italian, I also luv the swedish accent, but why we germans had to pick the most brutal and ugly sounding one?
[Emoji2]
Man even hindi accent, or gambian accent, or southafrican accent sound much nicer.

Funnily the dutch don't seem to have an accent at all. Wonder how they manage to do that.
Maybe it pays off that they don't translate american movies a lot and just mostly do subtitles. Guess that makes people familiar with the melody of the language from early ages.

Our language melody just sounds a bit harsh and just like you wrote actually even hurts the ears a bit.
[Emoji6]

But i really loved Jörgen's swedish accent. Sounds like a friend of mine.

Last edited:

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Booom. Fantastic work, Dan.
Really. Nice editing too.

Also loved the Interviews you did.
I must say i really like the idea of a World Veterans tour. Would love to see the heroes of back when i was a little youth.
Maybe i could also even attend at one... and certainly get a serious beating... Hahaha.
Wonder what it takes to qualify and how much it will cost though.

Rossi appeared really sympathetic, but his accent.... Aaaaargh!
[EMOJI23]
But he said some very interesting things. That's what matters.

Erich Arndt, the guy from my hometown lost to Richard Hicks in the last 16. So well deserved title for Hicks.
[Emoji2]
Did your Dad also join you and play?

Do you also plan to make a short version for FB? Would love to share it on my clubs FB timeline.

Anyhow, outstanding vlog, Dan.
Keep up the fantastic work!

Hey Suga! Thanks for the awesome comment, glad you enjoyed the vlog, it was a surreal experience out there. Everyone was on such a buzz all week!

Yes I agree the World Veterans Tour sounds like a great idea, there are a lot of Vett players who are keen and it gives a cool incentive as you can meet top world class players and in a worldwide ranking system to!

At the moment I don't have much information about the events such as price etc but ill try and find out for you. My guess ITTF will release some information soon for the upcoming season. Hopefully ill see you at one!

Aha yeah I played some fun doubles matches with my dad against some locals in the US and two German guys who were funny. Ill upload some footage of it, was good fun!

A short version will come out on Facebook soon :)

Suga D... you beat down Rossi for his English accent, but you never heard my harsh strong German accent that might cringe your ears.

Haha yes Rossi's accent is EPIC! :)

Reactions: Suga D
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Dan, you have not yet experienced playing doubles vs a squad with Der_Echte on it.

Maybe one day I visit your country (never visited yet) with the express purpose of having a doubles match.

Screw all the touristy stuff, England, Japan, China, Germany, and Korea ought to have TT tourism infrastructure in place.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Dan, you have not yet experienced playing doubles vs a squad with Der_Echte on it.

Maybe one day I visit your country (never visited yet) with the express purpose of having a doubles match.

Screw all the touristy stuff, England, Japan, China, Germany, and Korea ought to have TT tourism infrastructure in place.

Hahahaha love this! I could not begin to imagine how intense it would be playing against a goon squad double act! You need to visit the UK and make it happen, it would be awesome!! :)

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Hahahaha love this! I could not begin to imagine how intense it would be playing against a goon squad double act! You need to visit the UK and make it happen, it would be awesome!! :)
Maybe a Der_Echte / Tom squad vs Dan and his Dad, then flip flop the squads and play again.

Could be an epic encounter in more ways than one if managed and presented properly...

Reactions: Dan

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Maybe a Der_Echte / Tom squad vs Dan and his Dad, then flip flop the squads and play again.

Could be an epic encounter in more ways than one if managed and presented properly...

Love this idea! I've seen you on videos Der you look like a tough competitor to play against! I'm going to get practicing for this!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Hey Suga! Thanks for the awesome comment, glad you enjoyed the vlog, it was a surreal experience out there. Everyone was on such a buzz all week!

Yes I agree the World Veterans Tour sounds like a great idea, there are a lot of Vett players who are keen and it gives a cool incentive as you can meet top world class players and in a worldwide ranking system to!

At the moment I don't have much information about the events such as price etc but ill try and find out for you. My guess ITTF will release some information soon for the upcoming season. Hopefully ill see you at one!

Well, thanks a million. The idea sounds absolutely great. Looking forward to this.
No worries and no need to rush, but it would be nice to know. So i'll keep my patience and wait for the things ahead of us.

Aha yeah I played some fun doubles matches with my dad against some locals in the US and two German guys who were funny. Ill upload some footage of it, was good fun!

That's fantastic. Very cool of your dad. I hope I can do that with my son one day too.
Did you know the guys? There were so many people from all over the world and quite a few from Germany had that date on their agenda.
Looking forward to the vid.
:)

A short version will come out on Facebook soon :)
That would be really great. I could also just post the YouTube Vid, but since FB just shows a link and they aren't embedded directly anymore less people seem to watch, so a FB vid would really be appreciated.

Haha yes Rossi's accent is EPIC! :)

Absolutely. I was just joking a bit, but in all seriousity, that accent sounds so hard it can cut diamonds apart and spoken out loud enough it can also make windows shatter.
;)
But even though the way he said it brought goosebumps on my goosebumps, I really enjoyed what he said.

Thanks again for that lovely vlog.

Last edited:
Reactions: Der_Echte
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Haha Dan, you just made me choke on my water when I read that you gunna need to train to face me in doubles. Maybe you could train lifting a few Guiness beerz...

Dan is 2300ish USATT level and Der_Echte is rated at 1800... 5 levels of difference. In singles vs me, Dan shouldn't be shutting bricks worrying.

I do have stronger attacks than my level and yeah, doubles isnt singles, it is a whole entire different animal, so who knows the outcome. I play a good level when paired with a steady RH player who can also attack.

Last edited: