What short pimple rubbers are the pros using?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Hi everyone here on ttd, I currently defend (chop) on my backhand and attack with my forehand.

I use Tenergy 05 FX on my forehand which I like. For my backhand I want to be able to attack with it close to the table to. What pro players have this style? Which pimple rubbers allow you to defend away from the table but also attack close to the table to?

Thanks

Reactions: GusShnaps
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
The most common defender short pips are TSP Spectol (though there are many type), many famous SP choppers have used/use this.

TSP makes other short pips too- like the Spinpips series which are used by SP defender, Yuto Muramatsu, of this era.

Friendship729-802 in its varieties are more all-purpose, but it was the defender short pip of yesteryear.

There is also Globe 889 which I've seen on occasion.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
ieties are more all-purpose, but it was the defender short pip of yesteryear.
Why? I know you are going to list things like more speed or spin but do you really want that when chopping? It really does come down to preference. Obviously there are more SP to choose from but that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with 802.

Do a search for "chopping with 802"

Reactions: TTClassic
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
Why? I know you are going to list things like more speed or spin but do you really want that when chopping? It really does come down to preference. Obviously there are more SP to choose from but that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with 802.

Do a search for "chopping with 802"

Don't know why, I'm not a pro lol. I also never said that there was anything wrong with 802- it's a great rubber!

Meant among pro players as the thread title notes... I do believe that 802 was more used in the older era- for choppers at least. As a quick search of current pro equipment shows, 802 isn't so mainstream anymore (again as per the original question). I'm well aware many people chop with 802- OOAK has a plenty of threads on this legendary rubber- nothing against it! I have a sheet myself that I mess around chopping with.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
For top player using sp on FH is Mattias Falck. He is using Yasaka Rakza PO.
For top player using sp on BH is Mima Ito. She is using Nittaku Moristo.
Both have a good achievement for the year 2018.
From my experience an recommendation, horizontal pips more suitable for FH likes Rakza PO.
Vertical pips more suitable for BH likes Nittaku Moristo.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Haifu dolphin used by top players in europe also royal moristo flarestorm2 raystorm by zarif also speedy po

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Haifu dolphin used by top players in europe also royal moristo flarestorm2 raystorm by zarif also speedy po

Haifu Dolphin i do think is one of the best ones out there so i think many good players use this. Almost all short pimple players in Sweden use this. I have used it the last 10 years. But i do not how i should do now. What i have heard and it seems to be true, is that they do not make it anymore? I have also problem with the quality of the glueing of the topsheet and sponge so if i would play tournaments or team matches i would need to change the rubber every month or so. Because i would not be allowed to play with it. For this reason i think many chose something else.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Im fairly new with short pips i bh.
Ive tried a lot for 1 year now.
Now i play with Waran 1,9 red. It really fits my play good with close to table attacking

Last edited: