Butterfly series timo boll alc&zlc no stamp¨made in japan¨!!?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
HELLO GUYS
reading for few days on the web that factories in....hungary,germany,sweden..., china like sunflex factory,,make blades for dozens brands,honestly i dont want to pay 150€ in europe for a blade 20$, factory value from china, we expect some respect in return for that amount of money.japs they pay more atention in making things.timo boll alc,zlc.....they dont have the stamp of MADE IN JAPAN,i want to know for shure if its chinese made,if not i will go for zhang jike or mizutani. i plan to send few emails to some butterfly shops in germany and spain to see what they answer.if i was a world champ i will not allow the sponsor to make products with my name in a place where is famous for cheap production lines.if anybody has more info on the making of butterfly blades let us know that we may choose wisely.thank you

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
Many Butterfly blades are made in Japan and therefore have high prices. Some models are made in Europe, I think in Hungary. There is a European and a Japanese version of the Korbel and Primorac for example. The Japanese version is more expensive and of better quality.

tnx LIN i think u r righ actualy no fotos for the back side on shop pages

If you could just do a simple google image search of "Timo Boll ALC" you would be able to find the backside within 1 minute
Butterfly-Timo-Boll-ALC-FL-Shake-hand-Table-_57.jpgbutterfly_timo_boll_alc_fl_blade_12676531_3.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
I understand what you are saying and it's nice to have a tag "made in Japan" and I totally agree that it would hurt to pay 150USD for a blade that costs 20USd to make, but I wouldn't draw any direct parallels between where the blade is made and the price. (For example apple phones are made in China, and they are very nice and very expensive :) ) Same is with butterfly -it is just a more expensive brand altogether with a higher mark-up. It's more about the correlation between price and quality that should be kept or you would feel ripped off.

Although, with butterfly you can feel that way anyway :D

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: lodro
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I understand what you are saying and it's nice to have a tag "made in Japan" and I totally agree that it would hurt to pay 150USD for a blade that costs 20USd to make, but I wouldn't draw any direct parallels between where the blade is made and the price. (For example apple phones are made in China, and they are very nice and very expensive :) ) Same is with butterfly -it is just a more expensive brand altogether with a higher mark-up. It's more about the correlation between price and quality that should be kept or you would feel ripped off.

Although, with butterfly you can feel that way anyway :D
Indeed and after i found that a 40 dollar chinese blade can do things better than an BTY innerlayer ALC, I sold the thing to another sucker 😁