This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
Yes I'm glad you noticed that. Right when summer ended and I reached 1700, I started my first year of college. I had to adjust some things because I had a much smaller playing area at my college. The most notable things were that I began to shorter my forehand swing and played closer to the table (I guess I didn't make these changes until about February 2018). But at the beginning of college from about September to January I was losing confidence and I didn't feel like my attacks were consistent so I didn't really use FH much. I really decided to change my stroke and play closer to the table during February and that helped me rally much better and I became a lot more consistent. THAT was the big difference that got me from 1800-2000. I could rally and it wasn't just serve and attack anymore.

I noticed that too, but the real big change? When you started putting the hair back into a top knot! Hair down = loss

Reactions: toekneema
This user has no status.
I currently use Hurricane Long 5 blade, with Tenergy 05 FH and Hurricane 8 boosted BH. Before that I used Ovtcharov Carbospeed blade with Hurricane 3 Neo boosted for FH and BH
Congrats dude! Good job!
I'd like to know what equipment (blade and rubbers) you've used along those 2 years!

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
You obviously have a great deal of natural talent for this. It is really a pity you weren't able to start playing as a young kid.

I know one other guy who got that good that fast after starting in his early 20s. He was like a sponge in terms of picking things up. He peaked out at just under 2300.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Thank you that means a lot! Yes, looking back who knows where I could be if I started at age 8.
You obviously have a great deal of natural talent for this. It is really a pity you weren't able to start playing as a young kid.

I know one other guy who got that good that fast after starting in his early 20s. He was like a sponge in terms of picking things up. He peaked out at just under 2300.