For all those who have used Timo Boll ZLF I need your advice.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
I'm just about to jump the gun on this set-up
TB ZLF with Tenergy 05 1.9 both sides.

The reason for the blade was because my coach let me try his TM ZLC and ZLF both with Donic M2. I liked the feel of the ZLF better. So I called Alain from Pingpong depot and he recommended the rubber set-up. The cost is a little steep but if its the right combo, I will make it work.

So my question is for those who have tried and owned the ZLF, is there a similar blade out there that is pretty close to this blade or better? Keeping in mind that the baseline is a TM ZLF. Ultimately I would love to have the ZJK Super ZLC blade which I was able to try as well but currently out of reach.

I'm old school, I played a lot in the 80's. I already bought 3 cheaper carbon blades and they don't feel right to me. Awaiting your feedback and comments. Thank you in advance.

This user has no status.
Never used the tb Alf but has used other fibre blades and tenergy. Fibre is nice.
However I would recommend using t05 in 2.1mm as you feel the rubbers more and get more dwell time as it takes longer for the ball to reach the blades, therefore creating more spin, however if you are a blocker I would use 1.9mm.
Have fun with the blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Thank you Joel.
Never used the tb Alf but has used other fibre blades and tenergy. Fibre is nice.
However I would recommend using t05 in 2.1mm as you feel the rubbers more and get more dwell time as it takes longer for the ball to reach the blades, therefore creating more spin, however if you are a blocker I would use 1.9mm.
Have fun with the blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
So my question is for those who have tried and owned the ZLF, is there a similar blade out there that is pretty close to this blade or better?

You could try andro Treiber H.

It is about to be discontinued, so maybe you will even find it cheap, and if you like it you´ll get two for the price of one BTY ZLF blade.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
You could try andro Treiber H.

It is about to be discontinued, so maybe you will even find it cheap, and if you like it you´ll get two for the price of one BTY ZLF blade.

You sure you’re not thinking about the Treiber Z? That’s a zylon carbon blade with Hinoki outers, iirc, whereas the H is, I think, a fiberglass non-Hinoki blade.