Is HP3TO considered a Chinese rubber?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Read 1 reviews
Hey guys!

I wanted to know if Nittaku's Hurricane Pro 3 Turbo Orange is considered/ is like a Chinese rubber.
It's called an "Active Charge" rubber (what does that mean?).
It is produced by a Japanese TT brand and some people compare it to DHS' Hurricane 3 Neo.
Do you have to put a lot of power into your shots to use this rubber or is it like tensioned rubbers?
Has anyone here ever used this rubber? What do you guys think about it?

Thanks!

This user has no status.
hi man,
I used this rubber and I can tell you that it is very similar to a Chinese rubber. The nittaku hurrica 3 pro is slightly faster than a dhs hurricane neo is also slightly softer. So it acts like a Chinese rubber, you have to use a lot of power to generate a good topspin with this rubber. Due to its characteristics it is a bit easier to use than the version of the dhs, but it is certainly unthinkable to compare it to a tensor rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
The Nittaku Hurricane 3 Neo (H3N) plays very similar to an orange sponge DHS H3N provincial. Which one to use imo depends on the quality, price and consistency between sheets of DHS H3N prov you can get your hands on.

The Nittaku H3TPO plays very familiarly for an H3N user (spin, serve quality, how it plays in the short game or rally, etc.). Familiar enough that I could adjust to it within an hour of trying it for the 1st time, on a tournament day. However
1) it is heavier
2) the sponge feels different for the first few weeks of play, once broken in. It's not slightly faster when looping/driving, it is clearly faster. The kick/catapult is much more prominent, a bit reminiscent of tensors on that aspect (but it is clearly a Chinese H3N feel overall).
3) the H3PTO features a prominent arc in comparison, maybe also due to the stronger kick. I liked the security it provides, and it's still easy to adjust for a lower trajectory if desired.

With H3PTO compared to H3N, I don't need to get everything down to a T to generate power. Especially with an allround offensive blade (think innerforce construction, or no carbon), I can pressure the opponent significantly more from mid to far distance. Close to the table, you also get that extra power from the rubber, so that you can just go with the flow on your 3rd ball attack rather than trying hard. On the other hand, H3N + a viscaria type of blade already provides plenty of power, it feels mighty good already.

For me, it made a significant difference in competitive games. If you don't plan to boost, consider this rubber as an alternative.

The big drawback is that within a month or less of playing, the feeling changed back to that of a normal H3N, or close. Maybe I'm at fault because I opened the sealed package a few weeks (/months?) before actually gluing the rubber (to feel the sponge compared to a new H3N)... idk, maybe they have a sponge treatment that vanishes quickly, a bit like boosting. If it's just me and the rubber would normally keep its behaviour for 3 months+, it's worth it. If it "dies" after 1 month, get an H3N instead (lower weight if anything).

If you boost your H3N, don't bother with H3PTO.