Amazed by the low weight of the Palio AK74 rubbers... wow.

MDP

This user has no status.

MDP

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Read 1 reviews
I had one training evening with the red and yellow version on a fast cedar-carbon-balsa blade and I'm impressed. Speed and spin-wise they are not on the same level as vega pro, but pretty close. The rubbers are harder and feel more dead, but this didn't take much time to adjust to.

I'm not going to swap my vega pro for these as I feel vega pro is reasonably priced compared to many others rubbers out there. But I would definetly recommend for intermediate players or players who want to save some money!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
I had one training evening with the red and yellow version on a fast cedar-carbon-balsa blade and I'm impressed. Speed and spin-wise they are not on the same level as vega pro, but pretty close. The rubbers are harder and feel more dead, but this didn't take much time to adjust to.

I'm not going to swap my vega pro for these as I feel vega pro is reasonably priced compared to many others rubbers out there. But I would definetly recommend for intermediate players or players who want to save some money!

This was my EXACT feeling as well (including comparing them to Vega Pro).

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
I received my red and yellow today, along with some free rubber protectors and sponge edgeband.
ak47 yellow (black) weighs 62gram (168mm x 168mm) ~ 42g cut to blade
ak47 red (red) weighs 68gram (168mm x 168mm) ~ 45g cut to blade

I will try them next week.

Are you playing penhold or shakehand?

This user has no status.
AK47 is tensor?? According to revspin it is

Well, not exactly. But they does not feel like they lack power during top-spin play. I've tried all Blue,Yellow, RED Ak47's. Out of which, I felt Red has more speed while the blue is the softest and spiniest. All these rubbers feels like somewhere between Xiom vega Japan(Med-tensor) and Yasaka mark V (regular rubber). Offers good control close to the table unlike tensors and good enough away from the table. Not too far away though, they lack the tensor punch and requires more effort. I've had all these rubbers paired on my H301. Still playing with the AK47 Red on my FH since couple of months.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
I use AK47 RED forehand an backhand, on a innerforceT5000 .
Speed is OK, I love that they are less response vs incoming spin because I'm a strong forehand smasher ( also vs opponent topspin),topspin fast and low (NO slow and high)but with this rubbers a can't hook the ball in flip and top against opponent backspin for open the game(all opponents after two points go there ).
They also seems to me much,much over 47 hardness ( can is rubber or rubber-blade pair?)

Can someone recommend me new rubbers? (little tensor, not faster or harder)

JST

This user has no status.

JST

This user has no status.
Nov 2017
I used AK47 blue and yellow on pretty fast ALC blade (Yinhe V-14 which is basically Bfly TB ALC/Viscaria clone) and it was just bouncy and fast, not much spin (I struggled with both serve as well as attacking loops). Maybe it's my technique but I have much better spinning game when using other rubbers like Yasaka Rakza 7, Yasaka Rising Dragon, Bfly Rozena or Chinese rubbers like DHS H3n. AK47 is impressively light and can be pretty bouncy but i don't recommend it for players who base their game on attacking loops and serves (and that's pretty much 99% of players from certain level).

I don't know any rubber in the price range of AK47 which would deliver much more but it's simply not enough for me. I would say starting in $20-30 range is the way to go for advanced players (I'm buying Rakza 7 and 7 soft for ~$26, that is hard to beat).

Reactions: Atas Newton
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
I used AK47 blue and yellow on pretty fast ALC blade (Yinhe V-14 which is basically Bfly TB ALC/Viscaria clone) and it was just bouncy and fast, not much spin (I struggled with both serve as well as attacking loops). Maybe it's my technique but I have much better spinning game when using other rubbers like Yasaka Rakza 7, Yasaka Rising Dragon, Bfly Rozena or Chinese rubbers like DHS H3n. AK47 is impressively light and can be pretty bouncy but i don't recommend it for players who base their game on attacking loops and serves (and that's pretty much 99% of players from certain level).

I don't know any rubber in the price range of AK47 which would deliver much more but it's simply not enough for me. I would say starting in $20-30 range is the way to go for advanced players (I'm buying Rakza 7 and 7 soft for ~$26, that is hard to beat).

They require a different technique to get spin. They're more like the new batch of thin topsheet euro-rubbers. The topsheet is only there to get you to the sponge and doesn't have the same grip in itself as rubbers that rely more on the topsheet (like rakza etc), so I understand why some would say they're not spinny enough.
People who have a very brushy topspin will not get much spin out of them

JST

This user has no status.

JST

This user has no status.
Nov 2017
People who have a very brushy topspin will not get much spin out of them

I'm afraid I've tried different loops, slow brushing as well as fast swings with major hit to the ball, still not the level what you get from other rubbers which cost double and more. Similar for serve, I've tried full range of side and back spin and I'm afraid this aspect of the game will always suffer with AK47...

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
I'm afraid I've tried different loops, slow brushing as well as fast swings with major hit to the ball, still not the level what you get from other rubbers which cost double and more. Similar for serve, I've tried full range of side and back spin and I'm afraid this aspect of the game will always suffer with AK47...

I'll try to take a short video later today of how u get a lot of spin out of it and out of the new rubbers in general, serving especially

Reactions: Atas Newton
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
I'm with JST on this one, i have played with the three versions and although they are light and cheap they are just average rubbers. They feel dead, no dynamics when comparing to Euro tensors.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
I'll try to take a short video later today of how u get a lot of spin out of it and out of the new rubbers in general, serving especially
Great Lightzy������ I look with interest

I agree with Lightzy because I don't brush much and don't use surface, my topspin contact is a drive-top on the table, very fast and very low, there are gears, but is the speed that do it uncontrollable for opponent.
I agree with JST, serves are poor spin(must use hard contact), slow brush poor ,and I add don't hook.
For me you are both saying the same thing, and this is due to the fact that you have to use the spoge ,not topsheet ( I used BLUE on bh also)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Anyone else try the AK47 yellow? How similar is ti to xiom vega pro? I'm still learning to play, and want to learn on something cheaper, because I can't get all the potential out of vega pro yet. I guess its better for me to use something non-tacky and medium hardness, like the AK47 yellow, before switching to vega pro in the near future, than some hard and tacky chinese rubber? Or is there a better alternative to the AK47 yellow?
Whats your thoughts on the subject?

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Anyone else try the AK47 yellow? How similar is ti to xiom vega pro? I'm still learning to play, and want to learn on something cheaper, because I can't get all the potential out of vega pro yet. I guess its better for me to use something non-tacky and medium hardness, like the AK47 yellow, before switching to vega pro in the near future, than some hard and tacky chinese rubber? Or is there a better alternative to the AK47 yellow?
Whats your thoughts on the subject?

AK47 Yellow is way easier to play than Vega Pro. A lot less spin sensitive (blocking is automatic), lighter weight, but less spin potential also.
I think it's not a great rubber for everyone, it's a kind of specialized rubber and also requires slightly different technique.

Reactions: domac101
This user has no status.
I just glued AK47 Yellow a couple of days ago and so far I'm more than satisfied. Cannot really be compared to Rakza 7 but I was looking for something different anyway.
For the price, it seems pretty great...If it turns out as a durable rubber, I might order some more...Even if it doesn't, 11$ per sheet is pretty nice.

Low weight, great in blocks, great control on all shots, surprisingly easy to play topspin on heavy backspin pushes...I really like the fact that it's not a bouncy and extremely fast rubber...I was looking for a more linear rubber, without the catapult that most new rubbers have..It would be great if it was a little faster but I'm okay with it because I can still finish most points I would finish with Rakza 7.

But it is a bit limited compared to more expensive and popular rubbers in terms of maximum spin and speed, lacks gears...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2019
QA issues or different versions?

I bought two Palio Ak 47 RED and noticed a big difference between them. On the packaging, one came with detail in yellow and the other did not.
The one that came without the yellow detail has a thicker sponge.
During the game I noticed that the one that came without the yellow detail is much faster than the other. This is the second example that happens. Has anyone else experienced this situation?

I tried to post the photos but I don't have permission yet.