Amazed by the low weight of the Palio AK74 rubbers... wow.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
They have enough spin and speed, and they are excellent for the price. Don't compare them with tacky rubbers, doesn't make any sense. They aren't spin oriented rubbers, no one said that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
Tiago but the review linked in 28th post says that the topsheet of t88 is not tacky. The comparison seems fair...

Last edited:
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Perhaps we just have different technique, my experience is that of a quite spinny rubber, though it is felt better when you hit with more power. I can get pretty much the same spin out of AK47Y as from the Vega Pro, but I will have far fewer unforced errors with the AK47Y, which to me implies more spin.

The difference being that the vega-pro has better grip on low energy balls, so serves are easier to keep short and spinny, but it is also faster and less spinny for me on topspin shots. In comparison, the AK47Yellow is more linear and very, very spinny when you dig in the sponge even a bit.

Also the difference in weight can be around 15grams for a single sheet which is ridiculous and definitely helps with dexterity and swift acceleration for getting even more spin, but requires a firmer grip on the racket, because otherwise you can lose stability and the vibration takes away all your spin, which can easily happen when your racket is lighter than ur used to.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Perhaps we just have different technique, my experience is that of a quite spinny rubber, though it is felt better when you hit with more power. I can get pretty much the same spin out of AK47Y as from the Vega Pro, but I will have far fewer unforced errors with the AK47Y, which to me implies more spin.

The difference being that the vega-pro has better grip on low energy balls, so serves are easier to keep short and spinny, but it is also faster and less spinny for me on topspin shots. In comparison, the AK47Yellow is more linear and very, very spinny when you dig in the sponge even a bit.

Also the difference in weight can be around 15grams for a single sheet which is ridiculous and definitely helps with dexterity and swift acceleration for getting even more spin, but requires a firmer grip on the racket, because otherwise you can lose stability and the vibration takes away all your spin, which can easily happen when your racket is lighter than ur used to.

Lightzy, why did you move from the B2 to the AK47Y?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
Well... whatever. I asked the question and got an answer. I'm fine with it no matter if the tackiness is 2/10, 1/10 or 0.

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Lightzy, why did you move from the B2 to the AK47Y?

The humidity of summer in my area makes tacky rubbers lose too much of their spin potential unfortunately. DHS rubbers become antispins and the insanely tacky B2 just becomes moderately spinny. In winter the B2 is a beast still.
But I was playing AK47 on my backhand in any case (and still am)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
The humidity of summer in my area makes tacky rubbers lose too much of their spin potential unfortunately. DHS rubbers become antispins and the insanely tacky B2 just becomes moderately spinny. In winter the B2 is a beast still.
But I was playing AK47 on my backhand in any case (and still am)

I received my B2 yesterday, gonna try it tomorrow. If i don't like it i'm gonna also gonna stick with the AK47. It's the most awful smelling rubber i have ever tried.

This user has no status.
I gave some time for the Yinhe Moon on my BH to break in but its worsened much. It has been two weeks already and I've to admit, never ever I disliked a rubber as much as Yinhe Moon. May be I got the old stocked rubber or the sponge quality itself doesn't suit my style. So, like I said, detached this rubber and replaced with Palio AK47 yellow yesterday. I have not started playing yet but I can tell, that few bounces of the ball makes me feel the rubber and the inherent softer spin. Hopefully, I get my form back.

After replacing Yinhe Moon with Palio AK47 Yellow on BH, I've had couple of games and the strokes are a cake-walk and playing with confidence when ever I've to put some additional spin on the balls incoming with under spin. The guy I play with usually, did said that my control has been better and he is having tough time on some incoming brushes.

anyway, its worth mentioning that this experiment with Yinhe Moon went really wrong and a lesson to research more on rubbers if at all I decide to put on a new one going forward. I've un-opened Tibhar MXP, XIOM Vega euro and kind of resisting temptation (for now) to attach one of those on my BH.

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Ooooh the B2 plays amazing with the DHS301. You're going to have a treat.

I also switched blades for the summer (and probably for the upcoming season) because my current blade doesn't work so well with B2

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Yesterday i tried the B2 prov boosted with 2 layers of seamoon. Good rubber, better than H3N but not as tacky as i expected. However, is not for my game, so i'm back to the Ak47 for now.

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Yesterday i tried the B2 prov boosted with 2 layers of seamoon. Good rubber, better than H3N but not as tacky as i expected. However, is not for my game, so i'm back to the Ak47 for now.

The B2 prov is shit. The B2 regular is much, much better.

This user has no status.
Ooooh the B2 plays amazing with the DHS301. You're going to have a treat.

I also switched blades for the summer (and probably for the upcoming season) because my current blade doesn't work so well with B2

Hey Lightzy, What is your opinion on someone who played with european rubbers so far and switching to tacky rubbers? asking coz due to the same reason, with me being used to either tensor rubbers or european style chinese rubbers like Palio, focus3. I'm tempted to buy B2 which is very tacky, does it demand lot of effort for FH topspin? or is it more like hybrid (like yinhe big dipper?). I've H3 neo glued on FH Yinhe T11+ but couldn't spin the ball the way I wanted to , due to the characteristic of t11 being a stiff soft blade.

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Hey Lightzy, What is your opinion on someone who played with european rubbers so far and switching to tacky rubbers? asking coz due to the same reason, with me being used to either tensor rubbers or european style chinese rubbers like Palio, focus3. I'm tempted to buy B2 which is very tacky, does it demand lot of effort for FH topspin? or is it more like hybrid (like yinhe big dipper?). I've H3 neo glued on FH Yinhe T11+ but couldn't spin the ball the way I wanted to , due to the characteristic of t11 being a stiff soft blade.

B2 is like H3 if you increase almost all it's properties (tackiness, speed, spinniness) and make it also good in drives. It's a direct upgrade as I see it. It does not feel like the hybrids.
I can't play with it now though because of summer where I live being like 98% humidity and humidity really kills the tackiness until you clean and dry the rubber..

If you want a rubber that feels more like a hybrid and is very, very good, try Skyline 3-60 maybe. B2 is more 'traditional' feeling. Both are more spin sensitive than euro-style rubbers.

What I really liked about AK47 is how non-spin-sensitive it is btw. It makes active blocking a breeze. Much more difficult with the tacky rubbers.

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Lightzy would be a good seller. I ordered both Battle II and Ak47y to build my first racket after reading his threads on these rubbers.

Enviado de meu Redmi 5 Plus usando o Tapatalk

Hire me :)
Your first racket though?