Amazed by the low weight of the Palio AK74 rubbers... wow.

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
37 grams. WTF :)
And when cut to the Liu Shiwen, which is an oversized head

0.jpg

Took off a couple of aging rubber and put new ones instead, had a weigh..

The AK47 red (45-47 hardness, pretty hard for a non chinese rubber), after cut, weighs only 37 grams.
And it's a fast, spinny, incredible rubber. A blade with AK47 on both wings weighs .... it feels like nothing. I'm actually holding a blade with good fast rubbers and feeling like there's no weight in my hand at all.

Man..

But AK47 Yellow is the best in most respects. It's hard to get great serves with the Red because it won't dig into the sponge enough with a low toss. For that you need tacky rubbers or softer sponges, slightly, and while the forehand is more stable with the Red, I figure the spinnier easier serves is enough to offset that.
Yellow weighs the same as red. about 53 uncut, 37 cut.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Yeah, my setup with the H301 and two AK47 (red and blue) feels light and balanced, but still haven't had the chance to try it. Just a couple of questions. Did you try boosting the red to soften it? And can you comment on durability? They are very cheap, even if they only last a couple of months it would be good. Also, I have seen that the yellow tends to be cheaper than the others, any particular reason for that?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
I had all 3 of them. I currently play with the blue on backhand. I didn't like red. Not because it was bad but it looks like i like tacky rubber on forehand much more. Yellow was great for backhand and so is blue. However if I was buying rubbers again I think I would give Yellow another shot on backhand instead of blue one. But I'm not sure if I will not change my mind...

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
You can order it from aliexpress, shipping is free so it doesn't matter where you live so much.

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Good luck mate. Theyre fast rubbers so I suggest a spin oriented blade, off to off-.
I'm playing them with my liu shiwen zlf and its a perfect match.

Next season thats going to be my setup

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Ah, I have too blades and one of them is a Liu Shiwen also - a trade from a Timo ALC! But I really like the other one, Xiom Zetro quad, and its my current setup with mx-p and el-s. I've been using this tibhar rubbers for an year and a half. I'll probably continue with Zetro quad though, I'm only looking for good quality cheaper rubbers.
Cheers to a good season with this rubbers man!!

Reactions: Lightzy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
37 grams. WTF :)

Took off a couple of aging rubber and put new ones instead, had a weigh..

The AK47 red (45-47 hardness, pretty hard for a non chinese rubber), after cut, weighs only 37 grams. The Yellow/Blue versions (softer sponges) weigh even less.

And it's a fast, spinny, incredible rubber. A blade with AK47 on both wings weighs .... it feels like nothing. I'm actually holding a blade with good fast rubbers and feeling like there's no weight in my hand at all.

Man..

But AK47 Yellow is the best. It's hard to get great serves with the Red because it won't dig into the sponge enough with a low toss. For that you need tacky rubbers or softer sponges, slightly.

Totally agree. After many years of EJing, I only found this amazing AK47 last month. I put the blue one on my BH and it's comparable to my favourite Xiom Vega Europe. AK47 is only slightly less spinny. It's the same on all other aspects, for only $9!!! Such a value for money.

I wish I found this rubber earlier and saved tons of money.

Reactions: Lightzy
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Picked up a couple Palio AK47 Reds for a blade I made (Koto-ALC-Limba-Balsa-Limba-ALC-Koto) - looking forward to seeing how they play!

I had some trouble with the Red for forehand on harder fast blades. I'm interested in how it plays for you. After pairing it with the Liu Shiwen ZLF it plays amazing.
Perhaps Yellow would be better with a hard blade. I've been using yellow or blue for backhand for a long time now.

Reactions: Nate4s
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
AK47 red (FH) and yellow (BH) tested yesterday, 1h30 training. The training consisted in games only so I got a good initial grasp of the rubbers .

Quick review (always comparing with MXP and ELS):

I'm probably going to be a bit hard on this rubbers, because of that, let me say that they really are comparable with other european tensors, even though a bit inferior.

So the first thing noticed is less speed (faster than any other rubber I tried at this price range) also there is more difficulty engaging the sponge, I had less margin for error and more brushing is needed.

receive(both): pretty good on push receive, didn't felt any difficulty. Banana flicks on the yellow version (didn't try Red) are little more difficult (comparing with the tibhar rubbers) because of the less catapult and you need to brush more.

Service(both): Good, both of the rubbers. Strong backspin serves, fooled some players with receives on to the net.

Block (Yelow): pretty good too. Passive blocks are tricky (less catapult) but I''ll probably adapt.

Loops: Worse than MXP or EL-S. Less speed, less control.

Even though they are clearly inferior to the tibhar rubbers, I really liked this rubbers and they aren't that inferior. They play pretty good, and amazingly good for the price. I really think that they are more than enough for my level. Any good offensive intermediate player won't need more than this. For advanced players, where anything counts to get that edge on your opponent, it's a different story...

In other words, I don't think I'm going to lose any game because of this rubbers, it will always be because of my technique and laziness.

I'm keeping them and I'm very very happy with the quality/price ratio.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
I just got mine today - two weeks from the day I ordered (which is great, considering price and location they're coming from). I will test them tomorrow and update with my impression shortly after. Initial ball bounce tests shows what Tiago Nunes stated - they take a bit more to engage the sponge, and seem a bit less spinny compared to MX-P and Vega Pro.