Senior TTD Member 575 532
    says Nothing to see here

Senior TTD Member 532 575
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightzy
    Hire me
    I think I might need a business first haha

Your first racket though?
    Well, the first real one. I'm currently playing with a premade DHS.

Ordered an Yinhe Earth 3 to go with the rubbers. Should be well controlled (:
    Last edited by lVegita; 09-07-2018 at 03:32 AM.

says EQ junkie!!

TTD Member 10 27
    P
    says EQ junkie!!

TTD Member 27 10
    B2 is like H3 if you increase almost all it's properties (tackiness, speed, spinniness) and make it also good in drives. It's a direct upgrade as I see it. It does not feel like the hybrids.
    I can't play with it now though because of summer where I live being like 98% humidity and humidity really kills the tackiness until you clean and dry the rubber..

If you want a rubber that feels more like a hybrid and is very, very good, try Skyline 3-60 maybe. B2 is more 'traditional' feeling. Both are more spin sensitive than euro-style rubbers.

What I really liked about AK47 is how non-spin-sensitive it is btw. It makes active blocking a breeze. Much more difficult with the tacky rubbers.
    Got it. Thanks for the elaborated explanation.

This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 500 1,065
    This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 1,065 500
    So received my Palio too. The problem was I tried to buy a cheap replacement for my BH Donic Bluefire, so ordered a red one. Unfortunately, received a blue one which is the soft sponge version... Wrote a message to seller and he didn't bother to respond. (The sellers has the most orders and rating for Palio). After waiting for half a week or so, wrote a complaint to Aliexpress. They were quick to respond and refunded me the whole amount. So I'd say Aliexpress service is on par with Amazon.

So got a free rubber, but not the one I needed. Anyways, swapped it with my Bluefire. First impressions are that it is not the one for me. (I like harder sponges, especially with my Stiga OC). So as expected, a little bit too mushy, the through angle seems to be on the lower side, didn't find the increase in spinning ability... Will keep it for a couple of weeks to give them some more play.

Besides that, the quality seems nice (especially for the price level). Also got a free plastic sheet protector (but again, not the right one for AK47) -not a sticky one, but for tacky rubbers, so will use with my H3Neo).
    Name:  20180831_230424.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  96.5 KB
    Last edited by Simas; 09-08-2018 at 07:19 PM.

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 960 805
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 805 960

User Info Menu

Dec 2011
    Portugal
    Read 0 Reviews
    These rubbers are very fragile, especially the blue. I was removing the rubber from the DHS301 and i haven't sealed the blade yet, the rubber just disintegrated! So my advice is to seal the blade before you glue this rubber.

says Nothing to see here

says Nothing to see here

Quote Originally Posted by hipnotic
    These rubbers are very fragile, especially the blue. I was removing the rubber from the DHS301 and i haven't sealed the blade yet, the rubber just disintegrated! So my advice is to seal the blade before you glue this rubber.
    Good to know!
    Is shellac good to seal the blade?
    I have some around, but I heard it hardens the wood.

The Following User Likes lVegita's Post:

Suga D

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Dec 2011
    Portugal
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lVegita
    Good to know!
    Is shellac good to seal the blade?
    I have some around, but I heard it hardens the wood.
    I suppose it would work, and I really doubt that it would harden the wood. First, shellac is soft, second, if applied by the "boneca" method goes in very thin layers. I just don't know if it would be very durable.

The Following 2 Users Like hipnotic's Post:

lVegita and Suga D

says EQ junkie!!

TTD Member 10 27
    P
    says EQ junkie!!

TTD Member 27 10
    I'm using regular elmer rubber cement when replacing rubbers and helps in re-using the rubbers as its easy to remove from the sponge. I had bad experience with tear mender, which damaged the sponge on one of the rubbers. While attaching a new/used rubber to the blade with elmer cement after its dry, I don't apply much pressure. Just enough pressure with a roller would get rid of the unwanted air bubbles and will keep the tension in the rubber intact, and makes it easier to remove the glue from the rubber when its time to replace, with out causing damage to the grain of the blade.

I did not had problem while removing Palio AK47 blue off my DHS H301 btw. The blade is not varnished/lacquered.

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Dec 2011
    Portugal
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by patelaaaa
    I'm using regular elmer rubber cement when replacing rubbers and helps in re-using the rubbers as its easy to remove from the sponge. I had bad experience with tear mender, which damaged the sponge on one of the rubbers. While attaching a new/used rubber to the blade with elmer cement after its dry, I don't apply much pressure. Just enough pressure with a roller would get rid of the unwanted air bubbles and will keep the tension in the rubber intact, and makes it easier to remove the glue from the rubber when its time to replace, with out causing damage to the grain of the blade.

I did not had problem while removing Palio AK47 blue off my DHS H301 btw. The blade is not varnished/lacquered.
    I think i used copydex wich is similar to tear mender. I've read somewhere that the bond as a tendecy to get stronger over time and maybe that's what happened. I didn't have problems removing the rubber on the side that was already sealed.

The Following User Likes hipnotic's Post:

patelaaaa

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 398 875
    L
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 875 398

User Info Menu

Nov 2017
    United States
    Read 8 Reviews
    The blue is so soft sponged that when you take it off the blade the sponge will tear into shreds. It's one of the softest sponges I've ever seen.
    Yellow and red, no.

The Following 2 Users Like Lightzy's Post:

patelaaaa and woodblade

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Dec 2011
    Portugal
    Read 0 Reviews
    The blue is so soft sponged that when you take it off the blade the sponge will tear into shreds. It's one of the softest sponges I've ever seen.
    Yellow and red, no.
    Because of that i had to go buy a rubber last minute to play a tournament on saturday. On another note, i tried the B2 on the blade i made and totally changed my opinion about the rubber. It's great and it's gonna stay on the FH.

The Following User Likes hipnotic's Post:

Suga D

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 324 280
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 280 324
    I got my Palio AK47-Yellow rubbers just two days ago and finally got a chance to try them out. I think it's really great for the price.

Combined with making my own all-wood blades for around $10-15ea, I can build a really nice paddle for beginners for under $30. I let a few beginners try it out, and they were able to produce a ton more power and spin than with their pre-assembled paddles.

Unfortunately, I find the rubber just isn't grippy enough to produce to kind of spin I am looking for - I find that the ball doesn't bite in much during passive blocks, so I need to use a very flat blade angle to get shots over the net. If I'm hitting softer shots, I find I need to either hit flat or heavily brush the ball to get it do what I want.

I'm happy I've found these rubbers, since I can suggest them to the large group of beginners I play with so they aren't breaking the bank. Personally, it's worth it to me to continue paying for Vega Pro, Fastarc G-1, and Rakza 7.

says https://www.youtube.com/c/tabletennisexperts

Advanced TTD Member 174 315
    T
    says https://www.youtube.com/c/tabletennisexperts

Advanced TTD Member 315 174

User Info Menu

The Following User Likes Tajny1989's Post:

Atas Newton

says Nothing to see here

says Nothing to see here

Hey, I saw a racket today with a rubber (Xiom Omega V) that shrinked about 2mm.
    It got me thinking, does AK47 shrink after glued?
    Can I cut it fit to the blade, or should I let it some millimeters bigger?

Same question for 729 Battle II.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 40 70
    O
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 70 40

User Info Menu

Nov 2017
    Portugal
    Read 0 Reviews
    i have bought several Ak 47 rubbers (blue and red) for my club kids, and one year after none of them shrunk. So I gess there is no Booster in them.

says Nothing to see here

says Nothing to see here

Quote Originally Posted by OrienteTT
    i have bought several Ak 47 rubbers (blue and red) for my club kids, and one year after none of them shrunk. So I gess there is no Booster in them.
    Thanks for the answer, OrienteTT! (you were between the ones that recommended me this rubber (: )

Does anyone know if Battle II shrinks? Or only tensor rubbers shrink?

says CHOLE!

Senior TTD Member 1,153 942
    says CHOLE!

Senior TTD Member 942 1,153
    My Battle II didn't shrink, my AK 47 however did shrink the next morning after I glued it.
    the commentator lists Grand Slam winners, calls JOW John Oev Wellner, LGL Louis Goodland (not kidding)

says Nothing to see here

says Nothing to see here

Quote Originally Posted by Atas Newton
    My Battle II didn't shrink, my AK 47 however did shrink the next morning after I glued it.
    Thanks for the answer! How much did it shrink?

Maybe red and blue does not shrink, but yellow does, although it doesn't make much sense. Or maybe it is the gluing method, or it's temper...

Anyways, I got yellow as well, gonna leave a few extra millimeters just to make sure.

says CHOLE!

Senior TTD Member 1,153 942
    says CHOLE!

Senior TTD Member 942 1,153
    It mainly shrunk along the vertical axis (from handle and up) and it was a considerable amount, like 2mm at the top. I still glue rubbers with old non water based glues but this was the first rubber that shrunk like that.
    the commentator lists Grand Slam winners, calls JOW John Oev Wellner, LGL Louis Goodland (not kidding)

This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 500 1,065
    This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 1,065 500
    I play with medium to harder sponges and got soft blue sponge by accident. Not having much of experience with softer sponges (except MarkV long time ago ), just out of curiosity I was wondering how soft actually it is compared to other well established soft sponges like Vega Europe, Rakza 7soft, etc?

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 47 138
    K
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 138 47
    I suspect the glues used are to blame.Perhaps the safe glues dont have the efect of others but they do at least make the rubbers interchangeable and are predictable?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast