LGL,No.1 Commentator in the universe!Updating his Comment on the matches.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
LiuGuoLiang,become No.1 Commentator!Updating his Comment on the matches.

22.jpg

---------------------

Liu GuoLiang did as a commentator on a sports website(zhibo.tv) on Feburary and May for the semi final and final of the team world cup and the world tournament(only chinese's match,both mens and womens,altogether 8 matches).14 million people watched the final game.and his famous sayings becomes so popular.

I'll trying to translate and update some of his comments. i will do it slowly, update from time to time, becouse he talked to much during the matches. he keeps talking all the way.so at first i'm trying to pick up some essence.if you like this thread,please reply me to let me know and then i'll do more in detail. or if you want the details,tell me which part or which point do you want, i'll try my best to tell you.

-------------

"MaLong is a combination of Kong Linghui and Waldner"

In the sami-final the world cup agaist England, ML vs Walker 2nd game 3-0 XuXin was been given a scene he was chatting, LGL said"XX has begun chatting now,but you see ML, he leads so much points but still work so hard, he is responsible, but Xuxin,he is playful, he never think that much, he is optimist, they have different character.If XX leads so much,he must be unconcentrated,or begin his show for entertainment, give some high balls."

"Malong is a detailed person, he calculate and plans on each point, but Xuxin and FZD not so meticulous like him. that's why they are still second to ML. they have space to make progress.and also, ML's judge on the situation,his ability to read a game is the best in the world, master level, he played table tennis like art. FZD should learn from him, the little fatty still has many problems to solve, but problems means space to improve. What makes him so terrible is not only because how strong he has already been, it's how big space he can still improve. "

(against Liam Pichford late in the game) "What's FZD's best state? When he feels boring that is the best. FZD beats you always in a same way, 8 balls from 10 are the same,he is not good at change.you also feel boring when you lose to him,you feel pain and have no choise.FZD plays like computer programes.

But ML beats you in all different ways,he is unpredictable.you will feel despair. just like bundle a crab, if one leg slack, he rebundle you again,tightly, more you struggle, more tightly you've been bundled."

(2nd game against Walker 4-0)"Can you tell how ML got the last 4 points? Sometimes neither can I.It's hard for his opponent to even summerize how he lose.ML take every coner every side rational utilization.This is the ability of reading a match."

said during the semi-final of the world cup against England. (from then on, "bundle crab" became a hot word)

"some fans said that FZD should learn from ML, to have more changes in the match. No, he relly can not,he can never be like ML.They have different style. If FZD changes like ML, then it will be worse. then he is not FZD. He just need to learn some changes on the key point,basic on his own system. If he changes each point like ML, he will feel muddled himself. they built different system since they started learning, basic on their personality, cannot be changed. He use his strength to tell you he cannot be beaten" (LGL said FZD is frank and honest,like girls)

ML's last game 11-2 " now it's show time,heis just like Messi, begin your show ML."

in the first game ML XX plays double, "you always feel relieved when they plays double game, they looks like they have brought insurance before the game." "Xuxin's waist is so good. the waist of Boa."

-------these are the comments during the semifinal against England the world cup in Feb

and he also comment on England and Liam peachford , update later on.

----------------------------

in the final vs Japan,ML vs Koki Niwa, he said:"one way of japanese is depend on inspiration,like koki niwa. when he got inspiration, he made some incredibal performance during inspired period,but there will be blank period, then errrors after errors. so when you fall behind him,don't give up.the rhythem is important. he can act best, but also the worst.

KokiNiwa makes ML fell unconfortable.ML changes strategicly,KokiNiwa changes by his mood. Niwa is randomness. Some times ML played well but niwa plays also great,ML expected to get point,but he didn't, and some times ML gives a normal ball and didn't expect to get point,but Niwa missed it and ML get the point. You don't even know how you win.

That's why ML feel unconfortable and so does Xuxin.But this kind of players is hard to reach the top level. when Niwa meet violent players like ZJK or Wanghao, he felt frustrated and give up soon.He bully those soft and fear for the tough. you should be hard, he finds he can't beat you he will lose confidence.

ML is always wants to be perfect, he not only want to win,but also want to win confortablelly,he thoughts,why i didn't got him that point? Well some times others also played well,and some times you played not good but their mistakes more than you so that you win,that's what happened in the match.I said to ML, you want win confortably, will your opponent make you confortable? ML smiles."

second game, FZD vs HariMoto

"It looks like a big boy bully a little boy..." "Little fatty will accompany him at least 10-12 years."

update later

---------------

"FZD is a slow starter, always bad beginning in the match,he is like a long distance runner."

"Fzd is not like a car, he is a tank, a pushdozer"

Not like ML, ML is the one who bundle others, but Fzd is the one who get rid of others.

said during the samifinal the world tournament vs Sweden.

update 8.6.18

-----------------------------------

the interview after semifinal, LGL's first show

reporter:"LGL is on line commenting on the match, do you think he praised you more or critisized you more?"

ML smiled shyly:"half praised and half critisized??"

later on

ML post on his weibo(twitter):"LGL only use 10% ablility on the comments , it's hard to catch up with him and understand him,but it's worth aftertaste more times, maybe you will laugh untill tomorrow morning."

During Wtttc team match

"there's a few fans worried about my leaking secret.well,nothing to worry about it. you understand don't mean you can manage it.We should be confident. Others are making prograss, we also progressing.we still in the lead.furthermore,they have their own systems,like ML,his system is like a maze, when you enter it,it's hard to get out."

"Medias always reports our 3-0 records in the team matches (ML had twenties 3-0 records in the past few years's team match).No,No,we never go after any records like that.It's unusual,It push us onto a high place and put pressure on us which is unnecessary.If it's me, I'll break the record by myself deliberately."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

this translation copyright belongs to me. all rights reserved.

continue updating.....

updated in the reply

--------------------------

my id had been deleted with my threads and i dont know why...

do you understand my Chinglish?point my mistakes please : ) Your apply will encourage me.

Leave your thoughts here, It's implite for just reading without reply. ; )

Last edited:
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Great man, thanks a lot, though much better if you just add it as subtitles to the video itself, that would be awesome

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
thanks for reply. the video is on zhibo.tv, you can visit it and search room 688, but it's not for free(still cheap,20rmb a month) and they have copy right that's why cannot post the video elsewhere. yesterday i mentioned it maybe that's why my id was deleted.

well ok.but how do you like my english?fell little bit tough especiall on the technique
don't worry your English is understandable.
Please keep translating, it's very interesting to hear LGL's commentary.
Thank you.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: fais
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
"FZD is honest like girls" ... nice one, haha. Good job man, many intersting comments from LGL, he has quite a psychological indepth view of the players, well maybe except girls ... ; )
J.

thanks,but i'm woman.

yep, he know people well, he don't need to know people, he just watch them play tt and he know their personality.he catches KokiNiwa well.

"FZD like girls" is said years ago, not this time, i think he refers to Dingning or other girls. he also said FZD is cheated by ML many times.

it's too much to do, i can only pick some essense first. the technique and strategy later on. i only do less than 5%...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
thanks,but i'm woman.
yep, he know people well, he don't need to know people, he just watch them play tt and he know their personality.he catches KokiNiwa well.
"FZD like girls" is said years ago, not this time, i think he refers to Dingning or other girls. he also said FZD is cheated by ML many times.
it's too much to do, i can only pick some essense first. the technique and strategy later on. i only do less than 5%...

Great to see you on the forum FunnyBunny. We need more of a feminine perspective. I guess I was referring to what LGL seemed to suggest in a broad sense that girls are entirely honest and boys are not, which seems a little naive ... ; )

In a narrow sense, it is an indepth observation of his, that women's game is not as deceptive as men's is. Now when I think about it ... yep, I would agree with him on this one.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Keep up the comments!
They're fun to read. Don't worry about your english.
Your english is better than my level of playing tt

thank you~sometimes i think my english is much better than ITTF interprators. they translate like shit during the interviews after matches.

but i still meet questions on tech. what do you say? 1st game, 2nd game?or round? and forehand area,backhand area?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Why??? You're doing good . Waiting for more interesting posts from you

cause it's hard and too much work, i really need encouragement. if less people interested then meaningless.so,you guys chatting more, i updating more. :D

thank you~sometimes i think my english is much better than ITTF interprators. they translate like shit during the interviews after matches.

but i still meet questions on tech. what do you say? 1st game, 2nd game?or round? and forehand area,backhand area?
we say first game/first set.

forehand and backhand area is also correct

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Great to see you on the forum FunnyBunny. We need more of a feminine perspective. I guess I was referring to what LGL seemed to suggest in a broad sense that girls are entirely honest and boys are not, which seems a little naive ... ; )

In a narrow sense, it is an indepth observation of his, that women's game is not as deceptive as men's is. Now when I think about it ... yep, I would agree with him on this one.

Yes, they always says that women players seldom use brain to play, LGL said girls should learn from the boys not only in technique,but also mentally.

he also comments on women's match and too much work!!!! I'll do boys's first. >_<

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
cause it's hard and too much work, i really need encouragement. if less people interested then meaningless.so,you guys chatting more, i updating more. :D

If u truly love table tennis you shouldnt care much about how many users comment about your post or like it . For sure just people who are in love with this sport came to this forum so they will check whatever u post if it gives good info

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
we say first game/first set.

forehand and backhand area is also correct

ok thank you,your id look like japanese name. i'm wondering how japs will feel when they read these comments on kokiniwa and harimoto, they may feel angry...