Tibhar blades and Rubber combination

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Hi Guys,

I am planning to buy my first custom table tennis bat. I have been researching on Tibhar blades and Rubbers. My play style is Control offensive, I need some suggestions on good Tibhar blades and Rubbers combinations (especially evolution series). Appreciate to get some inputs thanks in advance. :)

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Of all the Tibhar blades I ever held and hit with, the Tibhar Inca stands out. It's quite fast, will work with a looping style rather than a flat hitting style, and is a great blade (built by Nexy, I believe) if you can master it.

Within the realm of Tibhar, I'd couple it with Evolution EL-S on both wings. Aurus, Genius Sound, Quantum S also feel good. Spinny and controlled, each in its own way. For ultimate power, perhaps not so suitable for a first custom bat: Evolution MX-S or MX-P.

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Note that Tibhar rubbers, like those mentioned above, don't really last very long. The Genius especially seems to go unspinny after a month and a half or so

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
I'd recommend good old IV-L (regular, not balsa) if it is your first bat, just so you still have some work to do to get the ball moving. I've seen good players attack with it like you wouldn't believe, and it gives excellent feedback. Aurus Soft or FX-S (I haven't actually tried this one) should be plenty, or maybe EL-S like yoass says but I'd stay away from max sponge (and from either MX!). Unless you're 100% sure about what you are doing, less is more, really.

Any reason you are restricted to Tibhar?

Reactions: talbon
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
May I add Tibhar Stratus Powerwood to the mix? It's an amazing blade all things considered.

It's a 5-ply wood blade, so not extremely fast, but I would say it's on the upper side of OFF-. It's an amazing blade for short game when paired with mid-range tensors. I had Rasant Powergrip and Powersponge on two sides of it, but if you want Tibhar, I think Evolution MX-S and EL-S would play great on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: yoass
This user has no status.
Hello ;)

I would recommend you the following equipment:

Blade : Tibhar Stratus Powerwood

Rubber: Tibhar Evolution FX-P or FX-S

It is a controlled equipment and you can not go wrong with this. It is a fantastic blade for the controlled attacking style and I think the rubbers are not too soft and not too hard. Of course they are on the softer side but I think if you want to play a controlled offensive style it is the best choice.

Greeting