Replacement for H3 Neo Provincial?

Hi guys, I have been playing with H3 Neo provincial and i play around 4-5 days a week, due to boosting and hard hitting, my h3 develops bumps on the surface due to the rubber and the sponge breaking contact and cant be played with anymore since its in the middle of the rubber. So do u guys have any idea if i could find a rubber similar to H3 but without the bumps easily coming? I have been burning through sheets of H3 because of the same issue and would like a cheaper/more durable alternative.
Thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Hi guys, I have been playing with H3 Neo provincial and i play around 4-5 days a week, due to boosting and hard hitting, my h3 develops bumps on the surface due to the rubber and the sponge breaking contact and cant be played with anymore since its in the middle of the rubber. So do u guys have any idea if i could find a rubber similar to H3 but without the bumps easily coming? I have been burning through sheets of H3 because of the same issue and would like a cheaper/more durable alternative.
Thanks!
Blue Sponge is prone to get bubbles, so i would just get a Orange Sponge, is more cheaper and durable. Globe 999 National should also work.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
If you don't like the orange sponge too much, you could also try Yinhe Big Dipper or 729 Battle II blue sponge.
You could also try STIGA Genesis II, Yasaka shining dragon, or even Joola Golden Tango.

After that you might find out that only Hurricane III is Hurricane III, even though the others come pretty close.
[Emoji6]

Last edited:
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Battle 2 is the closest match and much cheaper (also better, in my estimation) but it might just be you're boosting incorrectly.

Tomorrow Table Tennis just put out a video on how to boost properly on youtube.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Thanks!

Commercial Neo H3 is just as good TBH. The sponge is slightly less lively than the provincial one. Put 2-3 layers of Seamoon on a commercial Neo H3 and you will feel it's like a provincial one.

I just recently tried Battle II provincial, I would highly advise against it. The spin is just not at the same level as Hurricane or TG series. For spin game, Battle II does not suit.

My experience after playing almost all versions of Hurricane 3 - commercial, provincial, provincial blue sponge, provincial Neo, national.

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Yes, Battle II provincial is a shitty product. At least for non-pros who can't do so much with a sponge that hard and with reduced tackiness.

Battle II commercial is a completely different beast. You can't get more spinny than that. Especially, for us, with the 45 degree sponge

Blue Sponge is prone to get bubbles, so i would just get a Orange Sponge, is more cheaper and durable. Globe 999 National should also work.

I have been using orange sponge since blue sponges were more expensive and i was burning through a sheet of those in 2-3 months, the first orange sponge i got was this one and after playing around a month it has bubbles on the edge and near the centre of the rubber, i did think about globe 999 national, might consider getting a few from taobao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Battle 2 is the closest match and much cheaper (also better, in my estimation) but it might just be you're boosting incorrectly.

Havent checked out the video yet, my way of boosting is to play a brand new sheet of h3 for 1-2weeks then boost 1-2 layers and then 3 layers of glue, but i'll check out the channel and see thanks :)

Commercial Neo H3 is just as good TBH. The sponge is slightly less lively than the provincial one. Put 2-3 layers of Seamoon on a commercial Neo H3 and you will feel it's like a provincial one.

I just recently tried Battle II provincial, I would highly advise against it. The spin is just not at the same level as Hurricane or TG series. For spin game, Battle II does not suit.

My experience after playing almost all versions of Hurricane 3 - commercial, provincial, provincial blue sponge, provincial Neo, national.

I think thats what i would do... but im just as afraid i would cause bubbles to pop as well, oh well might as well just try :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.

I'm fairly new to the game, and I'm new to boosting, and correct me if I'm wrong...
but I'm pretty sure he boosted "incorrectly" for the sole reason that he left his plastic sheet on the rubber when he was boosting, thus overstressing it.

Again, I am no expert in boosting, but it seems to be a basic concept of restricting an expanding rubber.

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
I'm fairly new to the game, and I'm new to boosting, and correct me if I'm wrong...
but I'm pretty sure he boosted "incorrectly" for the sole reason that he left his plastic sheet on the rubber when he was boosting, thus overstressing it.

Again, I am no expert in boosting, but it seems to be a basic concept of restricting an expanding rubber.

I don't know anything about boosting, but I trust the guy. He trains with former china national team members etc

says Aging is a killer
I have been using orange sponge since blue sponges were more expensive and i was burning through a sheet of those in 2-3 months, the first orange sponge i got was this one and after playing around a month it has bubbles on the edge and near the centre of the rubber, i did think about globe 999 national, might consider getting a few from taobao

I don't know much about boosting. However, you also say that you play 4-5 times per week. Under the circumstances, 2-3 months sounds very reasonable for any rubber.
Also speaking to players who do play a lot, 3-4 weeks is about the time limit for optimum performance from a boosted rubber.

Last edited: