• Join our newsletter: 
  • Welcome Guest


    Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Results 61 to 76 of 76
    1. Top | #61
      Baal is offline
      says Ba'al has spoken
       
      Master TTD Member


      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      Location
      Houston, Texas
      Posts
      2,409
      Reviews
      Read 8 Reviews
      Liked 4,100 Times in 1,652 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by bircham boi View Post
      No. There's an unwritten rule that anyone pro-ITTF is not allowed to join a table tennis forum. There's also an unwritten rule that all forum members are expected to complain about the ITTF whenever they get an opportunity. Logic might suggest that it's impossible for an organisation and all its members to be 100% corrupt 100% of the time, but apparently that is the case with the ITTF.
      None of us are anti ITTF. We just want them to be better. The last few years have not been great.

      In the greater scheme of things this is not huge.

    2. The Following 3 Users Like Baal's Post:

      FunnyBunny (08-15-2018),Gladxu (08-15-2018),Tony's Table Tennis (08-15-2018)

    3. Top | #62
      Der_Echte is online now
      says Chief Trouble Maker
       
      Master TTD Member Country: South Korea
      Der_Echte's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Tibhar/Nexy Kim Jung Hoon
      Forehand Rubber Nexy Karis M+ MAX in RED
      Backhand Rubber Nexy Karis M+ in BLACK or H3 or XP2008

      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Location
      Sacramento, USA
      Posts
      7,568
      Reviews
      Read 27 Reviews
      Liked 7,783 Times in 4,031 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by talbon View Post
      Seems normal to wish for events to be conducted in a fair manner towards all players, ITTF or not ITTF. Don't know what's prompting vvk1 to be a tool here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
      I do not believe vvk1 is being a tool or whatever. ZDon't buy it.

      I believe he believes what he is saying, I have never seen him do make a written statement on ttd he doesn't believe in.
      President, Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club. Hit us up on TTD or Facebook
      http://www.facebook.com/koreaforeignttc

      Janitor at NexyUSA TT Equipment Shop
      http://www.nexyusa.com

      View our Lame Nexy USA corporate FB page
      http://www.facebook.com/nexyusa

    4. The Following 2 Users Like Der_Echte's Post:

      Baal (08-14-2018),NextLevel (08-16-2018)

    5. Top | #63
      ttmonster is online now
      This user has no status.
       
      Master TTD Member

      Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Zhang Jike, Long 5
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 8, DHS Hurricane 3 Provinicial, Karis H
      Backhand Rubber Tibhar Evolution MX-P , Xiom Omega Pro IV, Karis M

      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      Posts
      3,396
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 4,018 Times in 2,030 Posts
      I believe there is lack of objectivity on both sides of the argument and like anything to do with CNT and ITTF ( the two most mysterious identities in international table tennis ) we will never know what is true ....

      I see vvk1 posting excerpts out of ITTF rule book to objectively prove that legally speaking ITTF can change the draw .. but also liking posts by rain which are obviously filled with subjective conjectures like why did ZJK's agency say it was waist injury , there might be something fishy going on etc ...

      on the otherside , obviously we are arguing that re-draw is not impartial and vvk1 has proven that there is a legal bylaw that can be used to do it ... so obviously the question is ... why is there the bylaw ? .. have any of you heard of re-draw in other sports after qualifications are done ? I haven't ... not in soccer, not in tennis , not in cricket .. the sports I follow in general ...

      Quote Originally Posted by Der_Echte View Post
      I do not believe vvk1 is being a tool or whatever. ZDon't buy it.

      I believe he believes what he is saying, I have never seen him do make a written statement on ttd he doesn't believe in.
      Lets go Spinny Looping !

    6. The Following 2 Users Like ttmonster's Post:

      Atas Newton (08-15-2018),Tony's Table Tennis (08-15-2018)

    7. Top | #64
      Baal is offline
      says Ba'al has spoken
       
      Master TTD Member


      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      Location
      Houston, Texas
      Posts
      2,409
      Reviews
      Read 8 Reviews
      Liked 4,100 Times in 1,652 Posts
      Objectively we can conclude that rain is not objective about ZJK. This is not news. She can sometimes provide a lot of insight into Chinese table tennis but I long ago stopped paying any attention to what she wrote about this particular player.
      Last edited by Baal; 08-14-2018 at 06:58 PM.

    8. The Following 3 Users Like Baal's Post:

      Tony's Table Tennis (08-15-2018),TTFrenzy (08-15-2018),ttmonster (08-14-2018)

    9. Top | #65
      ttmonster is online now
      This user has no status.
       
      Master TTD Member

      Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Zhang Jike, Long 5
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 8, DHS Hurricane 3 Provinicial, Karis H
      Backhand Rubber Tibhar Evolution MX-P , Xiom Omega Pro IV, Karis M

      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      Posts
      3,396
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 4,018 Times in 2,030 Posts
      Yes, I have the same impression of most of the known fan club members including both sides .. . ...
      Quote Originally Posted by Baal View Post
      Objectively we can conclude that rain is not objective about ZJK. This is not news. She can sometimes provide a lot of insight into Chinese table tennis but I long ago stopped paying any attention to what she wrote about this particular player.

    10. Top | #66
      ping fun is offline
      says 张继科 一个 传说
       
      Elite TTD Member Country: Iran
      ping fun's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Primorac carbon
      Forehand Rubber Tenergy 05
      Backhand Rubber Nittaku Fastarc c-1

      Join Date
      Mar 2014
      Location
      tabriz
      Posts
      1,228
      Reviews
      Read 3 Reviews
      Liked 1,461 Times in 660 Posts
      http://sports.qianlong.com/2018/0815/2762612.shtml

      After Matt ponte response in social media , Fans didnt buy it and and commented against it fiercely , Although the ITTF's explanation is untenable, in the 2019 tour schedule announced on the official website, they quietly reduced the Korean Open, which was originally a platinum event, to an ordinary event. This seems to be a way for the ITTF to accept the unfairness and Zhang Jike is finally considered fair. ( I dont know this has happened newly or not , but it appears to be true )

    11. Top | #67
      rainneverever is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: China


      Join Date
      Sep 2016
      Posts
      898
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 1,813 Times in 593 Posts
      Korea Open 2019 was determined as non-plat in April 2018 after bidding was closed...

      https://www.insidethegames.biz/artic...019-world-tour
      ITTF confirm 12 host countries for 2019 World Tour
      By Dan Palmer Friday, 6 April 2018
      "The South Korean tournament has moved down from platinum status."

      If you don't check ITTF website regularly, try to use google

      Poor fans

    12. The Following 3 Users Like rainneverever's Post:

      bricephan (08-15-2018),NextLevel (08-16-2018),ping fun (08-15-2018)

    13. Top | #68
      ping fun is offline
      says 张继科 一个 传说
       
      Elite TTD Member Country: Iran
      ping fun's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Primorac carbon
      Forehand Rubber Tenergy 05
      Backhand Rubber Nittaku Fastarc c-1

      Join Date
      Mar 2014
      Location
      tabriz
      Posts
      1,228
      Reviews
      Read 3 Reviews
      Liked 1,461 Times in 660 Posts
      I wrote based on this news and I TOLD I'm not sure when it happened !!!! why you are so angry girl ????? I know why . Ok thanks for giving good info . I WILL check it for sure if I have time . Now I'm at work

    14. The Following 2 Users Like ping fun's Post:

      Gladxu (08-15-2018),Tony's Table Tennis (08-15-2018)

    15. Top | #69
      TTFrenzy is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Master TTD Member Country: Greece
      TTFrenzy's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade OSP VIRTUOSO (OFF - )
      Forehand Rubber Tenergy 05 FX 2.1
      Backhand Rubber Tenergy 05 FX 2.1

      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Posts
      1,973
      Reviews
      Read 1 Reviews
      Liked 1,426 Times in 783 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Baal View Post
      Objectively we can conclude that rain is not objective about ZJK. This is not news. She can sometimes provide a lot of insight into Chinese table tennis but I long ago stopped paying any attention to what she wrote about this particular player.

      having a crush on other players can blur ur vision :P She will stop hating eventually
      I suck real bad so I train to suck less

    16. Top | #70
      Tony's Table Tennis is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Verified Pro Coach
      Master TTD Member Country: South Africa
      Tony's Table Tennis's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Intensity NCT (Cpen)
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 Neo National Blue Sponge
      Backhand Rubber Stiga Mantra M

      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Posts
      2,886
      Reviews
      Read 3 Reviews
      Liked 1,956 Times in 1,039 Posts
      when one gets full time job and try to do part time table tennis coaching, one doesn't have time to become full time fan girl and spend hours of time on many many forums
      i think the girl can enjoy her time while time is on her side still and must not demand another forum user to have so much time on hand
      Founder and President - Tony's Table Tennis
      Head Coach - Tony's Table Tennis Academy
      www.ttshop.co.za
      www.facebook.com/tonystabletennis

    17. The Following 4 Users Like Tony's Table Tennis's Post:

      Atas Newton (08-15-2018),Gladxu (08-16-2018),ping fun (08-15-2018),ttmonster (08-15-2018)

    18. Top | #71
      Tony's Table Tennis is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Verified Pro Coach
      Master TTD Member Country: South Africa
      Tony's Table Tennis's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Intensity NCT (Cpen)
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 Neo National Blue Sponge
      Backhand Rubber Stiga Mantra M

      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Posts
      2,886
      Reviews
      Read 3 Reviews
      Liked 1,956 Times in 1,039 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by ttmonster View Post
      I believe there is lack of objectivity on both sides of the argument and like anything to do with CNT and ITTF ( the two most mysterious identities in international table tennis ) we will never know what is true ....

      I see vvk1 posting excerpts out of ITTF rule book to objectively prove that legally speaking ITTF can change the draw .. but also liking posts by rain which are obviously filled with subjective conjectures like why did ZJK's agency say it was waist injury , there might be something fishy going on etc ...

      on the otherside , obviously we are arguing that re-draw is not impartial and vvk1 has proven that there is a legal bylaw that can be used to do it ... so obviously the question is ... why is there the bylaw ? .. have any of you heard of re-draw in other sports after qualifications are done ? I haven't ... not in soccer, not in tennis , not in cricket .. the sports I follow in general ...
      from what I read (i'm only a qualified coach, not umpire), the bylaws has that the countries affected must approve
      so if CNT did not approve to the redraw, such redraw cannot hold.
      if I was CNT, i would say no to 1st draw and say yes to 2nd - when its 3 chinese vs non chinese

      never the less, you are right, maybe because table tennis is such a small sport, no one cares if there is dodgy behind the scenes going on.

      imagine if some dodgy draws happen to team India in cricket, we would have riots

    19. The Following 3 Users Like Tony's Table Tennis's Post:

      Der_Echte (08-15-2018),Gladxu (08-16-2018),ttmonster (08-15-2018)

    20. Top | #72
      ping fun is offline
      says 张继科 一个 传说
       
      Elite TTD Member Country: Iran
      ping fun's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Primorac carbon
      Forehand Rubber Tenergy 05
      Backhand Rubber Nittaku Fastarc c-1

      Join Date
      Mar 2014
      Location
      tabriz
      Posts
      1,228
      Reviews
      Read 3 Reviews
      Liked 1,461 Times in 660 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Tony's Table Tennis View Post
      when one gets full time job and try to do part time table tennis coaching, one doesn't have time to become full time fan girl and spend hours of time on many many forums
      i think the girl can enjoy her time while time is on her side still and must not demand another forum user to have so much time on hand
      Yeah right . As a full time accountant its really hard to concentrate on sth except your job but as I am a TT lover and a TTD addict I try to review the forum at least every two days if time let me to come , so its really hard to post at once especially when it needs translation . And even going to every site to check things is more difficult , like going to read every news and artical in ITTF .... Its impossible .

    21. The Following 4 Users Like ping fun's Post:

      Atas Newton (08-16-2018),Gladxu (08-16-2018),Tony's Table Tennis (08-16-2018),ttmonster (08-15-2018)

    22. Top | #73
      Brs is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Established TTD Member Country: Christmas Island


      Join Date
      Oct 2015
      Posts
      177
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 199 Times in 94 Posts
      Coming into this late, but has anyone given any reason for a redraw to have taken place in this event? It's one thing to say the rules allow it. There should still be a reason and that reason should not be secret. If it is secret, why is that necessary?

      The only thing that comes to mind is a lot of withdrawals and add-ins to the set of players. If more than 25% change or something, then re-draw. That is maybe more fair than deciding which substitute players to put in which spots on a draw that is already made.

      Other than that I can't think of a legit reason. Doesn't mean thre aren't some.

    23. Top | #74
      bircham boi is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Established TTD Member Country: Australia

      Equipment:
      Forehand Rubber SP
      Backhand Rubber SP

      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Location
      42 degrees south
      Posts
      100
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 109 Times in 45 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Tony's Table Tennis View Post
      imagine if some dodgy draws happen to team India in cricket, we would have riots
      LOL. Dodgy draws happen all the time in cricket - because of India. The BCCI is now so dominant that it owns international cricket. The ICC is completely manipulated by them, so much so that numerous instances of dodgy behaviour are never questioned or swept under the carpet. Yes, there would be riots if the BBCI was ever sanctioned, but that is a statement about how the Indian public has come to expect that India gets whatever it wants.

      Sorry, but you need a much better example than that.

    24. The Following User Likes bircham boi's Post:

      Tony's Table Tennis (08-16-2018)

    25. Top | #75
      Tony's Table Tennis is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Verified Pro Coach
      Master TTD Member Country: South Africa
      Tony's Table Tennis's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Intensity NCT (Cpen)
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 Neo National Blue Sponge
      Backhand Rubber Stiga Mantra M

      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Posts
      2,886
      Reviews
      Read 3 Reviews
      Liked 1,956 Times in 1,039 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by bircham boi View Post
      LOL. Dodgy draws happen all the time in cricket - because of India. The BCCI is now so dominant that it owns international cricket. The ICC is completely manipulated by them, so much so that numerous instances of dodgy behaviour are never questioned or swept under the carpet. Yes, there would be riots if the BBCI was ever sanctioned, but that is a statement about how the Indian public has come to expect that India gets whatever it wants.

      Sorry, but you need a much better example than that.
      haha
      you can see I don't have too much time on my hand
      but never the less, you raise another good point
      India or BCCI dominants Crickets
      so China sure doesn't dominate table tennis, as for what I see, most favours goes against China, as someone pointed up earlier in this thread, the Korea open is just a small part of what "unfairness" we have seen

      maybe all world sports body is the same - dodgy dodgy dodgy

    26. Top | #76
      zeio is offline
      says IQ < 100
       
      Elite TTD Member Country: Hong Kong
      zeio's Avatar

      Join Date
      Jan 2018
      Posts
      1,183
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 1,858 Times in 701 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Brs View Post
      Coming into this late, but has anyone given any reason for a redraw to have taken place in this event? It's one thing to say the rules allow it. There should still be a reason and that reason should not be secret. If it is secret, why is that necessary?

      The only thing that comes to mind is a lot of withdrawals and add-ins to the set of players. If more than 25% change or something, then re-draw. That is maybe more fair than deciding which substitute players to put in which spots on a draw that is already made.

      Other than that I can't think of a legit reason. Doesn't mean thre aren't some.
      No, absolutely no reason given, according to Peng You's report.

      Contrary to Matt Pound's response, the whole fiasco started because the prelim bracket was not done "according to our rules and regulations." So, Matt, if you're reading this, here's a U for your explanation, for useless.

      If my reasoning is sound, then Zena Sim was not up to date on the new directive about filling the bracket in sequential order. She probably referred to the "Seamaster 2018 ITTF World Tour Sport Specific Information" and was appalled that there was nothing written on the prelim bracket. The associations were kept in the loop but no one cared to update that shit on the ITTF website.

      Here's what Matt summed up as "despite some technical issues...was done transparently and according to our rules and regulations":

      The prelim bracket was not done "according to our rules and regulations" in the very 1st place. Instead of filling the bracket in sequential order, a draw was conducted, likely without the presence, knowledge and consent of any players, at the (sole?) discretion of Competition Manager Zena Sim. Shit hits the fan.



      The players complained and a 2nd draw was conducted. Again, not "according to our rules and regulations."



      Zena Sim had a "oh, shit" moment. Either she looked up how it was done for past Opens, or someone let her in on the "secret." She proceeded to correct it such that it was "according to our rules and regulations." This is provided by rule 3.6.4:

      3.6.4
      Alterations
      ...

      3.6.4.2
      The draw may be altered only to correct errors and genuine misunderstandings in the notification and acceptance of entry, to correct serious imbalance, as provided in 3.6.5, or to include additional players or pairs, as provided in 3.6.6.


      Nice move, Matt!

    27. The Following 3 Users Like zeio's Post:

      Atas Newton (08-16-2018),Gladxu (08-16-2018),Tony's Table Tennis (08-16-2018)

    Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    Log in or Register
    BACK TO TOP