Stiga Genesis II

This user has no status.
I think a lot of people wanted more power from the 1st Genesis rubbers, that is what they improved on the 2nd generation.

To be clear, what do you mean by more power? Do you refer to the rubber "max speed", or to the ease to obtain the speed (I'd call that "dynamism" if I translate from French, not sure what term is used on English-speaking forums)?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Yogi_bear, I'm looking forward to your review! Really hope this could be a DHS H3 substitute, even only at 70%.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
I played the genesis 2 M for a while now...

Here's my comparison with H3Neo prov 39 deg with one layer of falco long:

spin: the genesis seems to have slightly more spin resp for me it is easier to generate spin with Genesis 2
speed: same for speed as for spin :)

In the high end, the H3 maybe has more power and spin, but my footwork is not good enough to generate these kind of shots more than 1-2 times per set. So for me, G2M is a real "easier to play with" version of the h3.

The only thing I'm not 100% happy with is that the rubber is noticably softer over all. For me, it is on the lowest limit.
Something like Genesis 2 hard would be very nice. But Stiga support told me that it is not planned yet (unless there are enough people who want to have that ;-)).

In comparison to MX-S the G2M feels more belanced to me. Sponge and rubber hardness fit better together and make the rubber more predictable.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Probably the topsheet is soft making the feel soft despite the sponge??
Yogi, I just played more with the Gold Tango PS after switching it to a Nittaku S-CZ (5 wood 2 Zylon carbon fleece) and like the feel and spin of the combo. How does the Genesis 2 M compare to the GT PS in terms of spin , speed . hardness?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
thanks Yogi. I have piece of unmounted G2M but it seems the GT PS will be better for me.