Equipment:
      Blade ZJK ALC
      Forehand Rubber Tenergy 05 max Black
      Backhand Rubber Rozena max Red

Reviews
      Read 1 Reviews
      Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Stiga Genesis II

just realised that a new gen of the genesis rubbers has been released and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them?

2. Top | #2
      This user has no status.

TTD Member Country: Great Britain

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
      I've just purchased one each of Genesis II 2.0mm in soft and medium.

I've only tried the medium for a couple of hours, but my initial impressions are positive. Slightly tacky, faster than most Chinese style rubbers but still with good control. Quality looks good.
      I was previously using Skyline 3-60 and this didn't require a great deal of adjustment, it's slightly harder and faster on more powerful shots, but slightly less tacky.

I had purchased the soft with a view to using it on my backhand, however pressing with my thumb I would say they both feel the same, which would be towards the harder end of medium and certainly not soft. Also they have the same code printed on the sponge : AHXF6061. Unless the pip structure is different I'm fairly sure there is going to be no difference between how the medium and soft sheets I have play, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if there has been some sort of error in the factory, either way I'm just going to save the 'soft' sheet and either use it when the medium wears out or use it as a forehand rubber on a back up blade.

3. The Following 3 Users Like Sedis's Post:

AndySmith (4 Days Ago),Badger (5 Days Ago),Tinykin (4 Days Ago)

4. Top | #3
      This user has no status.

TTD Member Country: UK

Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Primorac
      Forehand Rubber Donic Baracuda
      Backhand Rubber Tibhar Evolution EL-S

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 49 Times in 26 Posts
      I'd be interested for someone to compare Genesis M to Genesis II M.

5. Top | #4
      This user has no status.

TTD Member Country: Germany

Equipment:
      Blade ZJK ALC
      Forehand Rubber Tenergy 05 max Black
      Backhand Rubber Rozena max Red

Reviews
      Read 1 Reviews
      Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
      Thanks sedis. I'm considering playing it on my backhand since I use it to block and punch a lot and feel like I might be able to develop a decent bh and counter too with this kind of rubber. Any insights on that?
      Would also love to know what the difference between the 2 generations are since it's seemingly just gone over everyone's head

6. Top | #5
      This user has no status.

Established TTD Member Country: Sweden
      Equipment:
      Blade JOOLA Aruna OFF / Butterfly Viscaria
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05 FX
      Backhand Rubber DHS H3 Neo Provincial (BS)

Reviews
      Read 1 Reviews
      Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by EvilOctopus View Post
      Thanks sedis. I'm considering playing it on my backhand since I use it to block and punch a lot and feel like I might be able to develop a decent bh and counter too with this kind of rubber. Any insights on that?
      Would also love to know what the difference between the 2 generations are since it's seemingly just gone over everyone's head
      I briefly tried the 1st gen Genesis M on my backhand and was not pleased. It’s not linear in any way or shape. Tibhar EL-S is a much better option in my opinion as it’s quite linear and excellent both for looping and pushing when coming from tacky rubbers.

7. Top | #6
      This user has no status.

TTD Member Country: Great Britain

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
      I prefer softer rubbers on my backhand, so this wouldn't work for me, but it seems perfectly fine for blocking on my forehand.

I haven't tried the original Genesis, but I would say that Genesis II is a hybrid type rubber leaning towards a Chinese type, similar to something like Yasaka Rising Dragon.

It is certainly more linear than most ESN/German rubbers. It's been a long time since I played with a sheet of EL-S, but I think it would be fair to describe them as similarly linear.
      Last edited by Sedis; 4 Days Ago at 05:26 PM.

8. Top | #7
      This user has no status.

TTD Member Country: UK
      Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Viscaria
      Forehand Rubber Stiga Genesis S 2.0
      Backhand Rubber Stiga Genesis S 2.0

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Stiga Genesis

just realised that a new gen of the genesis rubbers has been released and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them?
      I will be able to reply to this in 48hrs. I went out and bought the original Stiga Genesis Rubbers (Soft 2.0mm on both F/H and B/H) after watching Dan and Tom's reviews. I absolutely LOVE this rubber with my only small gripe being its durability. It is very prone to flaking round the edges, so now I'm ready to replace the rubbers, I have tried the Genesis II . . . . watch this space

9. The Following User Likes ndenney's Post:

RidTheKid (19 Minutes Ago)