Allwood = outdated?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
It is the "feeling" factor for sure that has the final word when all other params are in tune. The problem is that when we talk about the ABS's, it seems there is no going back to the all+ blades, not even off- considering the pros. Truls Moregard which I'm having an extreme pleasure watching him play, has basically an all+ game and uses, I belive Carbonado 290! which Stiga describes as the off+ (european scale) type blade ... craaaa..zy ; )

I think even with defensive players, it's all about having the ability to retain the energy of the ball that the opponent gives. That's why they go that way. But honestly, I'm just guessing. It would be awesome if Dan could ask this question from few pros to get their opinion on this as well.

Reactions: romanzdk and jawien

NDH

says Spin to win!
After NextLevel stopped participating as much as he used to , I feel the level of these kind of discussions have generally gone down in TTD .. IMHO ...

I haven't been on as much over the last 6 months or so, and the amount of discussion seems to have dropped quite a bit across the whole forum.

Is there another forum where more discussion happens (OOAK or MYTT?)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
I haven't been on as much over the last 6 months or so, and the amount of discussion seems to have dropped quite a bit across the whole forum.

Ha ha ... guys, so you publicly express your regrets that "level" and number of discussions here dropped down dramatically because you have no time to participate + you seem to suggest other forums?

Last edited:

NDH

says Spin to win!
Ha ha ... guys, so you publicly express your regrets that "level" and number of discussions here dropped down dramatically because you have no time to participate + you seem to suggest other forums?

Not sure if you've misunderstood my tone or question.

People have always posted on multiple forums (certainly the "main" posters).

I was simply asking if there was another forum which has become the "main" discussion type forum (and the only 2 I can think of, were OOAK and MYTT).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Not sure if you've misunderstood my tone or question.

People have always posted on multiple forums (certainly the "main" posters).

I was simply asking if there was another forum which has become the "main" discussion type forum (and the only 2 I can think of, were OOAK and MYTT).

Sorry a little from me, cause I was convinced for a moment, the way you reponded, that you are replying as NL somehow ... my mistake.
And I get your point, but I have not enough time to participate on this one ... ; )
Anyway to say that the "level" dropped because one person is not participating ... I don't know. There are quite a few intersting forumers here still, trust me.

NDH

says Spin to win!
Sorry a little from me, cause I was convinced for a moment, the way you reponded, that you are replying as NL somehow ... my mistake.
And I get your point, but I have not enough time to participate on this one ... ; )
Anyway to say that the "level" dropped because one person is not participating ... I don't know. There are quite a few intersting forumers here still, trust me.

Haha - OK, now I understand why you said that :)

I'm not doubting there are some great posters on here - It's always been my favourite TT forum.

But in general, when I look at the threads, I can see there isn't as much participation as there used to be.

Just wondered if people had slowly moved to another forum which housed more of the TT related discussion.

I guess it's more of a question for those who are on multiple forums :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Haha - OK, now I understand why you said that :)
I'm not doubting there are some great posters on here - It's always been my favourite TT forum.
But in general, when I look at the threads, I can see there isn't as much participation as there used to be.
Just wondered if people had slowly moved to another forum which housed more of the TT related discussion.
I guess it's more of a question for those who are on multiple forums :)

TTD has Dan and Tom's brand and personality as a trademark : ) Other forums seem a bit soulless ...

Reactions: jedimasterplk

NDH

says Spin to win!
TTD has Dan and Tom's brand and personality as a trademark : ) Other forums seem a bit soulless ...

Lol - I'm not disputing that, and I'm not trying to say TTD is bad at all.

I've met Dan and Tom, and they are both great guys doing fantastic things for the forum.

It was simply a question for the other forum members who are apart of the other forums as well :)

Reactions: jawien
says Aging is a killer
It's summertime!

Lol - I'm not disputing that, and I'm not trying to say TTD is bad at all.

I've met Dan and Tom, and they are both great guys doing fantastic things for the forum.

It was simply a question for the other forum members who are apart of the other forums as well :)

Forum discussions tend to fall off during the off-season.
Plus the fact that there no big discussion points at the moment, eg;
-No contentious rule changes
-no unusual matches or results recently, Harimoto phenomenon has become mainstream
-The plastic ball has now settled in, the list of different pov is now exhausted
-The big tournaments are a long way off
-no revolutionary blade or rubbers, Tenergy and H3 are still Kings despite the high prices
-No change of ITTF leadership for now
-A simple search can answer most queries
-the miserable, talkative posters are now banned
-and so and on.

Things should liven up when the new season starts and ZJK does something chat/newsworthy

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews

Quiet everywhere. I am a mod at MyTT. Common pattern in the summer. For many years.

And Tinykin is right. Not a lot to talk about just now.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
After NextLevel stopped participating as much as he used to , I feel the level of these kind of discussions have generally gone down in TTD .. IMHO ...

Quiet everywhere. I am a mod at MyTT. Common pattern in the summer. For many years.

And Tinykin is right. Not a lot to talk about just now.

You guys could be right. I am not sure. I know I am a big mouth and used to be on here winter, spring, summer and fall....nonstopped. :) But these days I am really just so much too busy I can't get the time.

I also think NextLevel may have something keeping him busy as well.

There were even a few times where Der tried to get me to jump onto a few threads and I was just too busy.

I have slowly given in to the reality that trying to take care of my daughter takes precedence over everything else.

So once in a while I get to slip onto the forum. But I have not really even had much time to get to play.

I think when Der comes to NYC we will have a little goon squad style adventure. But I may not get to play till then.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Money is tough, so is teenagers. I might have to have Carl line up some willing people to do chicken and hydration bets to make the total mission costs moar reasonable.

Even if I show up like I rerally want to this fall, it is likely I would only be in NYC for just two days.

But then again... think of the mayhem Carl and Der_Echte could accomplish (with help from sum other select TTD members) in just two days... John McEnroe would be envious and want sum of the action.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
We will try to have people feel FREE to dring as much BEER as they want in Olomuniec - this year. I'll probably have a thread for this, but I know for a fact, quite a nice pack of tt aficionados from my part of town (inherently goon squad style like) is warming up their wheels to get there on time. You guys should really come over.
: )