This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2015
Hey you can now get the DHS D40+ 3 star ball in orange with the ABS material
will these be allowed in match play straight away?

https://www.tabletennishub.net/coll...products/dhs-2018-new-3-star-d40-orange-balls

d40+ orange.jpg

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
I can't see why not. The balls are ITTF-approved and the rules still say the ball can be white or "yellow." I can't see why you'd have a problem using these in matchplay unless your opponents have an issue with orange balls generally (some people seem to think of orange balls as being practise balls) in which case that's their problem, not yours. Of course if it were me I'd play a few games with them before I used one in a match just to be sure they behave properly off the bat and the table, but that applies to any brand of plastic ball that's new to you no matter what the colour.

N.B. if you're going to order from Table Tennis Hub then do so in plenty of time. I bought some white DHS 40+ ABS balls from them and the balls were shipped from an address in Thailand - they took a couple of weeks to arrive.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
I like them. It's been a few months so I wouldn't comment in detail other than, if they were softer than the white ones that was only marginal (not even sure about this) and quickly forgotten while in play. They were round enough, too. Mind you, I used to love playing with the yellow / orange celluloid and in certain playing conditions, it's a good option to have.

Reactions: bobpuls