XIOM OMEGA VII Asia

BTW the pro players were generating lot of spin of course, but they were not happy about the general feeling and ease of that rubber. It that regard they definitely liked more the O7P which was on the other side. Nothing to do with the hardnest

Then your club pros just suck, sorry :confused:

Reactions: Kolev
Oh boy. You are so right. They really suck but I guess we all know those old fashioned players who know nothing but T05

I would understand why they like the Pro version more because the Asia version requires you to brush the ball more while the Pro version even when just hitting through the sponge is easier to produce spin.

Oh boy. You are so right. They really suck but I guess we all know those old fashioned players who know nothing but T05

I guess you are right but who am I to discuss the technic of some of the most respected Belgian players(ex A5 and ex A15) I am blessed to have the chance to exchange some balls with them
It is just an observation i have made to the type of players who like and do not like the 07A. Even Xiom says the Pro version sells more than the Asia.

I use the O7A as a bh rubber and find it more spinny than Rhyzer 50 or Pro but it is more of a preference and also has something to do with contact and stroke. If you have a stroke that you use like when using a chinese rubber, Asia fits more.

Reactions: langel
I use the O7A as a bh rubber and find it more spinny than Rhyzer 50 or Pro but it is more of a preference and also has something to do with contact and stroke. If you have a stroke that you use like when using a chinese rubber, Asia fits more.

Yes, thats true.
Asia fits chinese style in some degree. O5Asia with its harder topsheet is more chinese style oriented, thats why sometimes I recommend it to players who want to transfer from tenergy or other tensors to chinese rubbers.
O7Asia benefits the chynese style in a less degree and its more euro than O5Asia.

And of course its always about personal preferences.
For me Asia gives much better spin in the aggressive play than the Pro version, at the same time it gives me better feeling with more dangerous trajectory and spin with softer touch too. I don't like the more expressed catapult pop-up of the Pro version with softer touches and although it should be able of easyer spin in softer play, my style can not utilize it. So Asia suits my preferences.

The good thing is that there is enough choise of rubbers for everyone.

Last edited:
says STAX X9000 is the BEST!
I stopped using O7A when I saw how a friend of mine (playing much better than me) plays with these rubbers... He even has a completely different sound from when he hitting the ball than me, BUT he has much better and more use of the wrist than me, very sharply and on time, while the ball flies out of it and is's fast and with a decent rotation, without any special effort for it... I can’t use my wrist like him, so just stopped using O7A, it's too high level for me...

BTW he has youtube channel, and he maked a review of O7A there (mainly he compare it to O5A, which he used before), but it's in russian, still someone might find something interesting in it:

Afer 2 months of play (he only talking here, no playing!):

Last edited:
Reactions: langel
Most of the things Sergey say about both O5A and O7A match with my experience and and I've mentioned these things in many threads here.
Of course there are few things I feel differently - for example for me O7A is faster than 05A with top spin and slower with back spin. Which means that I'm able to generate more spin with O7A.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020

Hi Yogi,

Possible to share some exp between O7A and O7China (Guang)? Im using ZJK ALC blade. I have tried OC9, really like it, but find it a little too pricy.

THank you

Hi Yogi,

Possible to share some exp between O7A and O7China (Guang)? Im using ZJK ALC blade. I have tried OC9, really like it, but find it a little too pricy.

THank you

Quite different rubbers as the O7A is not a tcky rubber like O7CG. The hardness is a big difference too since Guang is 55. I still use the O7A as a bh rubber til now and have settled with it because I just love the rubber. The Guang is better for the fh but a bit more sensitive to spin than O7A.